Is Steve the best love interest for Wonder Woman?

Is Steve the best love interest for Wonder Woman?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvunapp.com/Appendix/amprince.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, Steve is in fact the best love interest for Wonder Woman.

Steve Trevor's boring as fuck, mostly because writers don't care about him.

But when you take Steve out, you leave the door open for the toxic SM/WW ship where Wonder Woman tries to man Superman up to make him act more super than man, which is just an awful place for both characters. So Steve acts as a nice counter to that.

Aquaman, Batman, Orion and so on are nice though. But i'll take Steve over them to keep things simple.

The best of a bad lot. Without him we could get Superman or heaven forbid Batman.

Superman is way worse than Batman.

With Superman you've her either acting as Lady Macbeth on his ass or acting as a stalker pining for a married man and a homewrecker.

In a combined M-DC setting this would actually be a pretty interesting romantic subplot

Sassy not-Steve Trevor?

Do people think Wonder Woman could actually pull Batman?

Yes, but not all Steves, just the cool ones

Toonfags, user.

Nobody can pull Batman, but fans will be fans.

Yeah, everyone knows that Batman's true love is Barbara

She didn't pull Batman in the DCAU. That was an unfilled and doomed romance. Like every romance Batman had in it.

IT'S NOT LIKE THAT IN MY FANFICS, SHUT UP

Give her a grilfriend

Is there anything more romantic than a man and a woman coming together to punch nazis under the good ol' Stars & Stripes?

No. Not Batgirl, not Catwoman, not Talia al Ghul, not Joker, not Superman, not anyone.

Maybe Lady Justice.

Yes. Steve is best boy.

Was going to make some joke about Steve being a band-wagon casual trying to seem cool to his girlfriend, but then it reminded me that Cap is actually a canon comicbook artist and drew the in-universe Captain America comic based on his actual adventures?

Right?

Steve is boring, because he has no character other than being Wonder Woman's cheerleader.
Superman is horrible, because DC's writers think that readers want to see Superman and Wonder Woman lose their humanity.
Batman is depressing, because its only purpose is endless teasing with both Batman and Wonder Woman longing for each other miserably.
Aquaman is odd, because Wonder Woman has nothing on Mera.

So just give Wonder Woman a girlfriend. Men as love interest doesn't work.

>Steve is boring, because he has no character other than being Wonder Woman's cheerleader.

Literally the perfect love interest

Its a shame the two companies aren't better friends

He COULD have more going for him other than just being super nice and understanding.

I liked him in that animated movie from 2009 where Steve Trevor was more Han Solo-y.

Trevor is pretty much Cap but still in need of rescue and that's why he's the best DC boy for Wondy

B-bu-but Captain America is basically Marvel's Batman. This has been established in various comics.

Trevor is nothing like Rogers. Trevor is nothing even like Bucky.

The apt comparison would be Wonder Woman = Captain America, Etta Candy = Bucky.

He is more than "being super nice and understanding", at least the ones not written by Rucka

He really isn't. Or are we talking about the bitter ex from Geoff Johns' run?

But he's actually inspirational like Superman, thats why in Amalgamverse they became the Super Soldier

The Amagamverse was stupid as fuck, m8. Most of their fusion made no sense.

Steve is still more like Clark than Bruce, but at the same time is more like himself than either of them so trying to pigeon-hole him is silly.

We're talking about Steve Trevor in general
He was pretty much a hero on his own in the golden age and particularly creepy on the whole "marry me Diana" thing
In the Silver and Bronze Age he also retained some of that
And post-Crisis he's not even all that nice... though it's the most boring interpretation of him

And in the New 52 he was pretty much a hothead

Then there's the Smallville comic where he reminds me of Ollie

Classically he's the "American Hero" though

He's more like Bruce than Clark, actually. Even his story-lines sync weirdly with Batman. Take Grant Morrison and Ed Brubaker's saga, for example.

Wolverine and Batman cracks me up, though I guess they're both the "bad boys" of their groups and total cash cows. If anyone is Marvel's Batman, it's Black Panther.

Even the golden, silver and bronze age Steve Trevor was super nice and understanding. Yes, he wanted to make a honest woman out of Wonder Woman, constantly nagging her about their marriage, but other than that he just a cheerleader.

Him being a war hero doesn't change any of that.

In the post-crisis he wasn't bad, just old and aware that their age difference made his lust for Wonder Woman creepy.
The Nu52 version wasn't a hot-head, just a bitter ex that was understandably mad about the whole situation. Diana left him out of nowhere and later got him fired, reasoning that the only reason he helped the JL was because he wanted to stalk her when in did because he actually believed in the good the team and he did.

The Smallville one actually was different enough.

>If anyone is Marvel's Batman, it's Black Panther.

Why?

Isn't he gay anyway?

There is a huge movement on twitter that demands to finally give Cap a boyfriend.

Nope, even in the MCU that the 'movement' you mention is related to he's only had female love interests.

Vampire murdering sex machine Steve

>Him being a war hero doesn't change any of that.

It literally does because he's MORE than just a cheerleader (but he is ALSO a cheerleader)

>The Nu52 version wasn't a hot-head

Maybe not in Johns' run in JL but he was a hothead in other comics

Steve is great when writers do shit with him. Like in Convergence.

He's hot.
He's action ready.
He's in distress.
He's hot.

It's a perfect combination.

I really like what-if crossover, though not specifically romantic ones

No, it doesn't. It's not about what he does, user, but how he behaves. He could be a prince or time-travelling hero, he'd still not have much other than being nice, understanding and a bit needy.

I hope that the movie might change Steve Trevor somewhat. Chris Pines have a tendency of playing charming and roguish characters.

For instance Cap being war-buddies with another WW2 Commando Hero.

Nah. He was bitter, not a hot-head.

Hot-heads don't use their heads. They start shit out of nowhere, make situations worse and go rushing into things. Nu52 Steve was still calm and in control of situations in most comics, he was just bitter as fuck about the whole SM/WW thing. A passive-aggressive bitch.

When he's being a hero he's much more than just "being nice and understanding". He is brave and cocky as well.

I'm not saying he's an incredibly fleshed out character, but he doesn't need to be because he's just a love interest.

>both were born old money rich
>both peak-human jack-of-all trades
>both are highly strategic leaders
>martial artists with knowledge of nearly every school
>well-versed in all fields of science and academia
>both are willful and indomitable to the extreme
>both are incredibly serious-minded at all times, nearly to a fault

Brave, yes, cocky? No. Maybe when praising Wonder Woman about something clever she did.

Boss?

Yup

Hmmm. Yeah, it can kinda fit.

But if you take out the academia, Cap and Batsy look more like a pair. Plus in most meetings Steve and Bruce end up being paired together. For example in John Byrne's Generations Steve was Bruce's longtime friend and bodyguard.

You are just saying that because they are white

>In a combined M-DC setting this would actually be a pretty interesting romantic subplot
In the combined M-DC setting, Steve was the Punisher.

Kinda...

is Steve the best self-insert love interest? I would say yes

On the other hand Cap was Superman so it does wrap back around to her other notable boyfriend.

What?

You heard me.

Punisher?
I don't even know her

Oh, shit. I forgot all about that. He was paired with a Wonder Woman+Black Widow character, right?

An odd match for Trevor, I guess they just saw another non-powered military guy and decided to throw him together with Castle?

>It's a "Steve gets shirtless" episode

Correction, Wonder Woman + Elektra.

Amalgam was stupid, user.

Batman was paired with Wolverine while Bruce Wayne was paired with Nick Fury. Yes, there were two Batman/Bruce Wayne.

>Wonder Woman+Black Widow
There were 2 Amalgam Wonder Womans. One was Wonder Woman+Storm+Artemis.

The other was just Wonder Woman.

He was with just Wonder Woman.

Elektra was with Catwoman.

That's literally just Wonder Woman.

What the fuck are you talking about? Everyone knows Batman is actually Tony Stark

There was Ororo, which was Wonder Woman+Storm, and there was Diana Prince, which was Wonder Woman+Elektra.

marvunapp.com/Appendix/amprince.htm

>Q: Was the character of Prince (Princess Diana of Themyscira) inspired by anything out of the Marvel Universe or was she influenced solely by the DC Universe's Wonder Woman (Diana)?
>Mr. Ostrander: Diana was mostly DC, maybe influenced a little by [the Marvel Universe's] Elektra (reference The Hand).

There were two Elektras.

Don't tell me, tell the wikis. I don't read comics for reasons that should be apparent at this point in the conversation.

I want WW/Batman for no other reason than to see Batman completely outmatched by WW.

>Quickly, Diana, the Riddler has announced another scheme!
>Oh yeah, that came in last night while you were staking out the Marconi warehouse; I already took care of it.
>How? The Riddler enacts plots within plots, there could be something you mis-
>Lasso of Truth.
>But...
>Message was dead dropped by courier to police HQ, lassoed the courier. He gave me a description fitting Query. Asked around a few sleazy lesbian bars and lassoed anyone who got all shifty. After four invites to a threesome and a marriage proposal got the location of a stash house down in the Railyard District. Waited a few hours, guy shows up with a crate of guns, lassoed him, got the location of Riddler's HQ. Busted through the wall, did the bracers and bullets thing, dropped Riddler off at Arkham, went out drinking with Bullock and Sawyer.

they always make her job to Batman's villains

Hell, they make her villains job to Batman villains. It'd still be fun to see WW tear through Batvillains like they weren't a thing.

They both coming together to symbolize the USA's multiculturalism and they show them kissing as USA landmarks like the Mount Rushmore are bombed by Muslims all in the name of political correctness multiculturalism.

>Lasso of truth
>on a courier
>at police HQ
How did she find said courier/what was she doing at Gotham's police HQ and why did she randomly accost a courier dropping off a nondescript package?

Don't a shitton of Batman's villains use poisons?

Does she have an immunity to poisons?

usually she didn't, but it's hard to know in modern comics because it's doesn't happen often

Since when? The only times Wonder Woman fought Batman's villains in her ongoing was when she and Donna fought Clayface and when Ares' children possessed Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Scarecrow. Both times Batman and his team were completely outmatched and his villain completely at the mercy of the amazons and her gods.

Also, the editors would never let Wonder Woman actually date Batman or show up in his comics as a supporting character because she's a meta and have a colorful costume.

She fights things that use divine poisons/venom, how is "hurr joker juice" meant to be such a big gamechanger?

In the latter story Batman was completely pussywiped. Going on and on about how great Wonder Woman is and how she gave him hope about the future.

That's the main problem with BM/WW, Batman becomes a worse cheerleader than Steve Trevor. It's like as if Wonder Woman became his sole reason for existing.

It's great fetish material.

"divine poisons/venom" affect her though (like when she blinded herself with medusa's venom and when Deimos snakes bit her and she got pretty bad after a while)

she is probably more immune to "normal" poison but not 100% immune

Hell, one of her villains is poison based

Scarecrow could make a poison strong enough to defeat her

Is it cum?

See the thing about WW vs Batman is Batman has a fucking gas mask accessory for his suit.

The courier was detained until they had examined the package. Once they learned that it was from the Riddler the courier was held as a witness. Wonder Woman responded to the Batsignal due to Batman being on a stakeout.

No, but WW has a villain that is nothing but poisons and diseases that makes Joker venom or fear gas look like a bad fart.

They've had Catwoman beat up Cheetah before.

>The courier was detained until they had examined the package.
That's not how fucking mail works.

But Batman said Wonder Woman has no weakness

Also, every time they spar Wonder Woman pins him to the floor with her body-weight while twisting his arm painfully, making him completely helpless.

>They've had Catwoman beat up Cheetah before.

Everyone beats up Cheetah.

>But Batman said Wonder Woman has no weakness
Batman lies, a lot.

For instance "I don't have an emergency Wonder Woman kill file."

>every time they spar Wonder Woman pins him to the floor with her body
Just according to keikaku

Are you saying that Batman's some sort of submissive masochist?

Well, the love of his life is a woman who dresses up in a cat-themed dominatrix outfit and uses a whip as her primary weapon...