Movies really ruined this guy

Movies really ruined this guy.

>Casuals will forever think he's a weak, shallow and pussy character
>Casuals will never know how truly badass and powerful Scott is

This makes me sad, lads.

Other urls found in this thread:

community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?116-Storm-gt-gt-gt-APPRECIATION-lt-lt-lt&s=a5a04e487bc2db08b0921c13d89476d5/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He and rest of X-Men would flourish in MCU.

X-Men is impenetrable to casuals sadly. That aint changing any time soon

>sadly
It's bittersweet desu, it takes some dedication to get and understand all the convoluted storylines for the past 40 something years, so not everyone will be up to date with it as they are with Deadpool, the Avengers and what have you.

That's a terrifying thought.

This
It wasn't just the movies, Cyclops has been the punching bag for Wolverine wank in nearly everything he's been in post claremont.

People who grew up watching the shows and reading the books just thought wolvie was da coolest evar, and never really thought about why cyclke did the things he did. Those people grew up and started writing the worst stories for Marvel, and now here we are.

>movies
That's a funny way of saying Jean and Wolverine.

That's what fucks with me to no end.

Cyclops was easily my favourite X-Man since I was a kid, easily top 5 superheroes of all time, guy was legit exciting and the perfect mix of vulnerability and powers to make you root for him. Not to mention the leadership. They wrote him perfectly but sometime for some reason the Wolverine dickriders came in and it fucked the whole thing up.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate James, I just don't get his appeal. Especially over someone like Scott.

After seeing the Homecoming trailer, I hope MCU never touches them.

Nah. It's way too late for the X-men to make any sense in the MCU.

Cyclops is a strange character for me. The only time I liked him was in the 90s cartoon.

I kept on seeing people posting 'Cyclops was right 'on Sup Forums but when I read the comics, I realized Cyclops was wrong,not all of it was his fault but he was terribly wrong.

What really bothers me is that the other X Men get free pass and everything is blamed on Cyclops. Cyclops was wrong but most of the other X Men followed him blindly,made things worst or had other agendas that led to him screwing up.

How was Cyclops wrong?

>>>/community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?116-Storm-gt-gt-gt-APPRECIATION-lt-lt-lt&s=a5a04e487bc2db08b0921c13d89476d5/

Fuck Punchclops, his dad's a fucking space pirate. Let's talk about THAT

Corsair is dank.

t. Shi'ar shill
Aren't you birdboys being invaded by the worst Thor?

I talked to Adam Kubert, and he told me that his two favvorite heroes were the HULK and Wolverine, but he stopped liking Wolverien. He said the reason for this was that they revealed the entirety of Wolverine's past and the mystery was half of the appeal of Logan.

This in itself was the first big reason people liked Wolverine, he was the renegade with the mysterious past cliche. He also echoed Claremont's idea of what he wanted the x-men to be, codenames without an alt identity. All we knew about Wolverine was weapon x and that he was in ww2, I can barely rememebr if he saved Xavier at all during that, but the point was you knew bits and pieces about him, and you knew there was more to him than met the eye.

Picture it this way, Wolverine was meant to be a foil to Scott, he was suppsoed to challenge him to get Scott to show he was a better leader, or to show he wasn't always doing what was right. He wasalso there to show the flipside of some of his decscions, and that not every x-man would agree with him. My guess is young readers took to liking Wolverine because they wanted to BE that badboy who challenged authority and completely blew his character out of proportion. Earlier Wolvereine is way less of a dick than new Wolverine and he actually had valid points beyond setting up whoever was leading at the time as a strawman punching bag or being said strawman.

Wolverine has suffered just as much as Scott, but people also don't realize this because he has like 10 movies.

They're both victims of shit writers and flanderization. It just looks like Wolverine drew the long straw.

Along with Hank Pym, Cyclops is my favorite character to root for in comics. He's just such a genuinely great guy and despite the fact that he's a mutant he still seems like such a human character in so many ways.

You take that shit back.

They broke the character beyond repair with a gorillion fucking backstory comics.

I read Origin in 2002 when it came out and at the time I liked it, but as you said it took away what I didn't realise what Wolverine's biggest appeal. Still, growing up with someone like Scott and being genuinely excited for the next issue or the next episode before the Wolverine predictable Status Quo, I can''t be unbiased towards the latter and not blame him at least one bit for the fate of Scott both in the movies and in the comics.

>They're both victims of shit writers and flanderization
If rightclopse is flanderization then I hope all characters get that shit.

I think he's only flanderized with regards to Jean.

Shit writing I'll agree to since he's literally Hitler to the Marvel universe right now.

What's wrong with Wolverine other than being dead and a terrible father?

Literally nobody thinks of the X-Men movies when you think of Cyclops.

Oh yeah, just like every other character introduced as a parody of themselves.

Nah, Rightclops was the biggest and best thing to happen to scott in a while, same with him and Emma.

But everyone threw ther arms up and said "not muh cycke" so they stamped him out and Bendis made sure to let everyone know he was the bad guy. Then he did some terrible ominous thing which I still donn't think they've explained yet, and even if they did I'm sure it's shit.

>Then he did some terrible ominous thing which I still donn't think they've explained yet, and even if they did I'm sure it's shit.

They explained it. You're right, it was laughably shit (the explanation I mean, the action itself was completely fucking reasonable). And he didn't even do it.

Unless I dreamed it, EXM had Magik say muties were sent to death camps again because of his actions.
Yeah, right. We've seen what trouble O5 had on Earth. Nobody cared that they're muties.

>liking cyclops in the 90s cartoon

He was the weakest character of the show. He's far better in the comics

he was great in the cartoon, but I was always a fan of Gambit and the sentinels.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY

Movies "ruined" all characters then since they made them all be cookie cutter.

>Then he did some terrible ominous thing which I still donn't think they've explained yet, and even if they did I'm sure it's shit.
He destroyed one of the Terrigen clouds using Alchemy who unintentionally was exposed and died in the process. Then he told the Inhumans to fuck off when they said he was to be captured for doing so and Black Bolt fucking vaporized him in cold blood.

But actually he was already dead and it was just an Emma psychic projection.

Yaas queen

So the bad thing he did was tank Marve's MCU push? Is the MCU some sot of evil manipulative entity in the comics that people think is god or something?

Omegastorm still enjoying your permanent ban?

>not pushing Spidey and X-Men
MCU was doomed from the start.

The guy who had the power of the Phoenix and got his ass handed to him by a little girl?

That guy?

The guy who openly indulged his diaper fetish throughout the 90s?

The guy who literally married a clone of his dead wife who wasn't even dead and he didn't know because despite her and her clone being powerful telepaths and his boss being the world's most powerful telepath and his new girlfriend being a powerful telepath, none of them bothered to tell him because he's a little pussy and he couldn't take it?

The guy who set up his own independent island nation that don't need no woman and immediately went begging to Atlantis for aid and sent a bunch of teenagers into San Francisco - where he'd actually moved the island to - to raid the markets for candy so that he would have candy?

The guy who hasn't even managed to take down a single villain reliably in his entire life?

The guy who has spent his entire life sponging off a succession of ultra-rich friends and lovers and considers himself self-made, but won't speak to his father who, thinking his sons and wife were dead, rebuilt his life in outer space starting from nothing?

The guy who personally formed a wetworks squad and had Wolverine lead it, and then blamed Wolverine when it all inevitably started to go public?

The guy who spent years fighting against the malevolent Magneto, only to suck magnet dick as soon as he started dressing like Billy Corgan?

That Guy?

There's still another cloud.

Also all Mutants that haven't been killed by M-pox or paranoia over M-pox spreading to humans are sterile.

If it makes you feel any better, if Marvel remembers their own canon, the cloud will eventually wipe out Inhumans too due to secondary terrigenesis like with the bird Inhumans of Aerie which killed a bunch and turned the survivors into bird monsters/Inhumans going nuclear like Thane did when his powers given from his initial terrigenesis wiped out his town.

Someone refute this faggot, quickly.

>The guy who has spent his entire life sponging off a succession of ultra-rich friends and lovers and considers himself self-made, but won't speak to his father who, thinking his sons and wife were dead, rebuilt his life in outer space starting from nothing?
this is wrong
>The guy who personally formed a wetworks squad and had Wolverine lead it, and then blamed Wolverine when it all inevitably started to go public?
That was the point of the squad, disposable deniable assests
>The guy who spent years fighting against the malevolent Magneto, only to suck magnet dick as soon as he started dressing like Billy Corgan?
Mags was the one who turned over a new leaf and came to Scott realizing he needed to be there for mutants.

Fuck off Hank

Logan? You're alive!

Class o' 87 here.

Reading Xmen since the 80's. (not so much in the 00's though but a little)

Never liked Scott. Never. Thought the movies portrayed him properly. Uninteresting douche.

>Movies really ruined this guy.
>>Casuals will forever think he's a weak, shallow and pussy character
>>Casuals will never know how truly badass and powerful Scott is

No, long before the movies Cyclops was hated. Never because he was weak, but because he was a boring yuppie looking faggot who had a stick up his ass and Wolverine was the badass rebel with a somewhat tragic backstory

>guy was legit exciting

The rest I agree with, alas until recently and for most of his existence, this is just simply untrue.

Thats why despite being a great character very few casuals identified with him, there is nothing about Cyclops that sucks you in you have to do major homework to appreciate him.

Reminder that he is Grant Morrison's favorite Marvel character.

>Grant Morrison's favorite
Right. Kinda like choosing Dewey as your favorite Diz character.

Satire detected.

cyclops backstory was much more tragic than wolverines backstory. so i dunno wtf youre talking about.

Wrong. Emma changed him in a very interesting way and their relationship is the most complex and interesting in comics. He was interesting before, you know when jean was crazy or insane. But jean should stay dead to keep scott moving on

also cyclops was never hated until the movies and later batch of shitty writers came along and shit all over him. he was the most popular character of the O5 and he was more popular than most of the uncanny team except for wolverine and nightcrawler. he was the character that made all the tough decisions and shouldered all the burdens. he was probably the most important x-men character outside of xavier.

Corsair is goddamn awesome. Wish he could be in a film but with the other Marvel movies' track record I know it would be a fucking disaster

Nah, he's in Gunn's territory if he ever wound up in a movie. He actually makes the good films.

Mary Jane really got fucked over in the Raimi Spider-Man movies. Even if Mary Jane being a damsel in distress in the third wasn't Raimi's original idea.

I'm almost certain he's part of the X-Men movie rights, along with the Shi'ar.

what was wrong about the Homecoming trailer other than you getting triggered by RDJ who will probably be in the film a total of 5 minutes? You realize they shoehorned him into the trailer mainly to get people in seats, right?

I know, I mean if they ever got rights to x-men

What're some good Cyke stories?

Idk
Never read a comic in my life, all I know is this dude is awesome

Uncanny X-Men 175 where he beats pretty much all the other X-Men single-handedly is pretty good.

But in generalthe best classic cyclops stories are things like the phoenix and dark phoenix saga (uncanny x-men 101-108, uncanny x-men 129-138) and the best modern cyclops stories are things like Messiah Complex.

how do you feel about evolution scott?
how do you feel about evolution scott x rogue?

Well...
>casuals will forever think peter Parker is supposed to be in high school
>they'll forever think Star Lord is an immature thief
>forever think Ultron is a boring quiky light-version of RDJ
>forever think Thor is a Loreal-tier pretty boy in a Power Rangers-like setting of boring shit

I got used to it.

Oh and

>forever think Batman is a "realistic super hero in a realistic setting"

Although that one is probably gonna change soon.

Strongly.

It's been years since I heard that name. I like to think I helped contribute to banning that person :^)

>Marvel Studio's X-Men
>Starring RDJ
no thanks

Hehehe, all posted by the guy who apparently can't read.
To the user asking to refute this tard, I tell you this: It wont matter. They are too into Storm/Beast/Logan cock to listen to canon.

>>forever think Thor is a Loreal-tier pretty boy in a Power Rangers-like setting of boring shit
That's 100% true though.

>Don't get me wrong, I don't hate James, I just don't get his appeal.
He's a grouch that likes kids. It's a compelling juxtaposition. Which isn't to say a cool headed, yet more than mildly neurotic leader isn't, of course.

Stop, stop, he's already dead!

>who will probably be in the film a total of 5 minutes

Which actor could play an intense Cyclops?

Karl Urban

this

In most of the comics I grew up with, Cyclops was basically the straight man for everyone else to juxtapose against and was basically a generic "I am the leader" and that was it. The only real difference in the current movies is that he never gets to actually take command that forcefully

>X-Men are impenetrable to casuals

Too old. Also, face doesn't work for me. It's square-ish and Cyclops to me is a rectangle. He's Slim, you know?

>>/community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?116-Storm-gt-gt-gt-APPRECIATION-lt-lt-lt&s=a5a04e487bc2db08b0921c13d89476d5/
wait you are propping up the O5, who time traveled from the past as something that casual people would be able to get into?

my dad hates cyclops