ITT wholehearted indisputable kino

ITT wholehearted indisputable kino

Butthurt Christians and plebs with attention spans of goldfish will disagree.

best show of 2016

Yes

>christian priest portrayed by jewish actor

>16th century Portuguese man portrayed by 21st century British lad

This, dunkirk, trainspotting 2 and blade rimmer 2069 should be the only nominees for best picture this year

wasn't Silence nominated last year?

It was snubbed.

can it be nominated a year later?

One of my favourite movies. I couldn't help but giggle internally at the scenes of christians dying and being tortured. Their deaths were as senseless as their ideology.

is this bait athiest kino?

With Silence, Scorsese redeemed himself for the failed experiment that was The Last Temptation of Christ.

This is appropriately understated and subdued. The strength of faith even amongst the most overwhelming and futile odds. Incredible.

I liked it

no

great movie, but stop believing in bedtime stories children

I saw a lot of walkouts at this, a group started laughing their asses off when you hear Jesus

it literally was nominated for a bunch of stuff though

It's boring as fuck

The mission is 1000000 times better

Maybe mommy shouldve given you a nap beforehand

The only way you can say silence was about faith is if the 16th century jesuits believed the word of god was transmitted by proximity and they didn't even need to know people's languages in order to convert people.

I agree OP, I even thought that Garfield was going to be shit given some things anons were saying on Sup Forums but I thought he gave a really fantastic performance. The scene where he tramples was really moving.

I can see people's criticisms about it being too long, but I read the book beforehand so I knew exactly where it was going. It's a near perfect adaptation of the book.

Why would christians disagree? I'm not a religious man, and I have a very surface level knowledge of theology, but isn't this a very christian movie?

>It's a near perfect adaptation of the book.
wich usually means is a bad film

True, I can see that being the case for some films, but I think in the case of Silence it worked in its favor. If they had added some lame extra OC shit it would've been terrible; on the other hand, if they had cut out some things it wouldn't have been as moving.

I wasn't moved at all. I got the story, but I think it asks for too much to be enjoyed and I didn't felt like giving to it.

As I said, the Mission talked about faith but made it more interesting and satisfactory

But I like to see japanese beheaving like bastards in the movies for once. People think they are yellow saints or something

Well that's just your OPINION man

In all seriousness, I understand, I think my enjoyment of the film would've been somewhat diminished had I not read the book beforehand. But knowing what was going to happen I was extremely impressed by how Scorsese pulled it off, his faithfulness to the book, and the performances. Difference of opinion I guess.

I enjoyed The Mission as well, though I think that the actioney part at the end was unnecessary.

Its not. Its a historical film. A Christian movie is shit like Noah or PotC.

Silence is about how Christianity easily finding it's way into the hearts of the Japanese farmer/fisher caste, who live like rats. They have nothing and live miserable existences, which can be snuffed out in a moment's notice by the local samurai boss.

Horrible people who should stick to capeshit.

Well, of course, If you read the book and liked it you're much more predisposed to enjoy the film and give it a chance. It happens to me with a lot of other stuff. But a film must be judge by itself

I'm a Catholic and I loved this movie.

>PotC

How is Pirates Of The Caribbean a Christian movie?

religion's not real. I only watch atheistic art like Rick and Morty.

Religion is real, God isn't.
Fucking brainlets man.

ruined things for me desu. the accents were horibble

>tfw brainlets think this film is a rejection of Christianity

[disdain for plebs intensifies]

>the accents were horibble
Compared to what?

Its not, it shows how miserable people need something to hope for (afterlife), in order to make it through life without killing themselves, or rioting.

Noah was fucking gay. It had Transformer rocks and that stupid bitch from Harry Potter in it. It was a Jewish version of the story since there was no redemption.

>>the accents were horibble
>Compared to what?
they could have atleast got some fucking portuguese or spaniards to do the voices. maybe someone from south america, not two pasty anglo shits who look meek as fuck

no eyebrows kino except for the autistic manlet that ruins every movie he's in

>Its not, it shows how miserable people need something to hope for (afterlife), in order to make it through life without killing themselves, or rioting.

not really, Christ's words at the end sum it up: true faith is only possible with God's silence. he understands Christ only when he understands the void that opens in the rejection/absence of God

You really missed the point of the film then

The rest of it was 10/10 but kachichiro (Judas) having money thrown at him for handing Andrew Garfield (Jesus) over to the authorities was a bit on the nose for me, and that's even considering the parts with Jesus speaking

>film written by Martin Scorsese, a well noted Roman Catholic
>has made numerous films with religious themes in the past
>has given numerous interviews about his faith in the past
Its NOT a historical film, and that was never the intention of it. If it's a historical film its an inherently racist one and the majority of the themes of the film would be meaningless. Considering the length of the film, as well as the limited release and anticipated returns, on top of all the rest of it- there is no way you could possibly come to this conclusion unless you were a deluded gaytheist or baiting
I hope its the latter

Also, it was funded by catholics. But I doubt they are very pleased with the results.

That last shot of the corpse isn't very satisfactory for a catholic when the character lived as a heretic for years and years

Sup Forums was right.

>they could have atleast got some fucking portuguese or spaniards to do the voices. maybe someone from south america, not two pasty anglo shits who look meek as fuck
I am Portuguese and I say GO FUCK YOURSELF, YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT! HONESTLY, GO GET RAPED IN THE ASS OR SOMESHIT LIKE THAT!A PERFECTLY FINE FILM, WITH TWO GOOD ACTORS MAKING AN OK ACCENT, AND YOU WANT WHAT, SOME PORTUGUESE """"ACTOR"""" THAT ONLY WORKS IN FUCKING LEFTIST THEATRE PRODUCTION TO COME IN AND DUB IT AND FUCKING RUIN IT!? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT!? YOU KNOW WHO OUR ABSOLUTE BEST ACTOR OF ALL TIME IS!? THE GUY THAT PLAYED THE BAD GUY IN FUCKING DESPERADO! THAT WILL GIVE YOU A NOTION OF HOW OUR CINEMA "INDUSTRY" IS! GO DIE SOMEWHERE, SEU FILHO DA PUTA QUE PARIU A MERDA DOS CORNOS DO CARALHO QUE FODEU A CONA DA TUA MÃE! MORRE, SEU IGNORANTE!

Nothing Happens: The Movie

People who love this film are no different to babies being entertained by jingling keys. Plebs. Scorsese's worst.

I think its a case of it being blasphemous rather than heretical. Its the same with The Last Temptation of Christ (also kino). Scorsese understands scripture well and I personally believe he undestands the meaning of faith better than most, to say the least. Silence isnt really about what happens to Rodriguez, its about how he acts on the Silence of God. The last section of the film is largely irrelevant in my eyes because the decision he made was led up to for the entire film. It was the ultimate question of the film and we were given the worldly consequences of that decision, but not the divine consequences, which are presumably what mattered

The 3 quotes of Garfield on silence spell out the themes of the movie

Why would a christian hate Silence?
The ending is literally a testament to christian resilience in times of peril.

Nice bait senpai, nicer image though

unironically this

Calma flor

i cringed when he saw Jesus in his own reflection and heard Jesus speak

How was Last Temptation a failure?

I'd thought I read that the ending of the film wasn't in the book.

in top 3 scorsese best kino

Because its unsatisfying. A filmgoer who wants to see a Christian film isn't looking for something that challenges the value of their faith, they want something dumb like Exodus or Noah (thats a generalisation though). However, after seeing the Last Temptation of Christ, anyone willing to fund a Scorsese project about Christianity would have to expect more of the same. Based on that assumption, they got what they were after

This snoozefest makes Arrival look entertaining

He didnt though, he was projecting himself into the role of Christ, its a big part of the film. God stays silent throughout, thats the point