It has been almost six years since The Last Airbender premiered in theatres and earned the reputation of being one of...

It has been almost six years since The Last Airbender premiered in theatres and earned the reputation of being one of the worst movies ever made until Adam Sandler took that throne with Jack & Jill.

Seeing as the source material that this particular film was based off of. It still has a popularity factor that could warrant a potential reboot should a studio decide to take the risk.

How would you write the reboot to The Last Airbender, Sup Forums?

Rules:
- You must remain faithful to the source material. You will be allowed to cut certain parts. The movie was bizarrely faithful or tried to be to the source material, but failed in how they presented it to the audience.
- The movie MUST be an adaption of the first season of the animated series although keep in mind that this is a reboot of the movie. So you don't have to watch the full season to write this movie. Knowing producers they would most likely not do that anyway. In short, you're not writing an original story.

These two rules should be obvious.

Remember when Nicola Peltz was bought her role in the film because some executive producer owed her daddy a favor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B4atQoiv_y4
youtube.com/watch?v=1gJAOWRNoBY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I would pronounce Aang's name correctly.

And Sokka's too?

I don't care, I honestly wanted Dev Patel's Zuko to lay me on the bed and fuck my ass turning me into a gay faggot.

My mom has watched Jack and Jill over 10 times. She loved it.

Your mom is in the minority then.

Your mom has shit tastes.

Damn, M. Night taught Slumdog a life lesson.

youtube.com/watch?v=B4atQoiv_y4

What's the point of adapting a TV show to a movie anyway? The format is virtually the same, you are just trying to tell the same story in a fraction of the time.
A spin off about another Avatar would work better - maybe rewrite the Avatar Wan story and make a movie about that instead of the abortion that we got in LoK

There was nothing wrong with the Wan story in Korra and such a movie would be the same just with more substance.

>There was nothing wrong with the Wan story in Korra

Seriously what the fuck was that shit. It’s not even like it was “left to interpretation” they outright say his name for like 90 episodes

Shyamlan claims is to make the movie more Asian like which was funny considering the casting drama at the time. Aang isn't a naturally pronounced word in Asia too. lol

i just dont think avatar would be a very good live action movie. the cartoon was great and doesnt really need to be adapted.

with THE LAST AIRBENDER, it was a mistake to try to turn it into a franchise a la Harry Potter and Hunger Games. It was also a bizarre choice to hire Shyamalan as director, since he has never been an action movie director and it's painfully obvious when watching the movie.

The best way to do it would be to condense the entire series into a 2 hour action adventure movie and get a director who knows how to shoot action scenes. And also maybe don't hire mostly white actors. But again, why bother, the original cartoon was so good it just isnt necessary right now

The writer for Jack and Jill went on to make a terrible web series about gay bears. It's pure cancer.

We Bare Bears was written by the writer of Jack & Jill?

All the nigger dick probably turned her brain to mush

>earned the reputation of being one of the worst movies ever made until Adam Sandler took that throne with Jack & Jill.
This reputation is unearned. I mean, it's a terrible movie, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

There wasn't. It was the best part of that series.

Mom?

>hiring blacks to play romans and norse gods is ok
>hiring White to play blue eyed fantasy races with mostly White voice actors is bad
anyone who bitches about hiring Whites is just an sjw deflecting from their own awful casting choices.
is bad

Why does it need a live action film? What is it with you hopeless nerds and wanting your favourite pop culture to be adapted to the big screen? Why? Do you even know why you want that?

Nothing would be gained from translating Avatar to the big screen. Nothing.

Not now, son. Too busy being fucked by Jamal. Also, you're adopted, from a mixed-raced couple.

First cut back on all the exposition, the show had tons of time to go into the background of all the factions and their people. Cut that shit we get it, fire nation bad, elements reflect parts of your personality you really dont need to explain much more than that. Then focus on the lighthearted action adventure that has serious moments. You need scenes of Aang goofing around with appa, and sokka being a silly tryhard, katara being kind of a buzz kill. Then as the movie goes on the characters mature, aang learns to face responsibility, sukko becomes a leader, katara learns to let go and go with the flow. Its a coming of age story so focus on the characters and how they change. Idk thats all i got.

The reality is that Shamalaman never watched a single episode of the source material

Just a reminder that this was a deleted scene. How come it feels like Shyamalan had a great big troll face on when he cast these black extras?

youtube.com/watch?v=1gJAOWRNoBY

Why was Soaka trying to sodomize that soldier?

That series was utter shit start to finish though. And I wouldn't even say Beginnings was the best part, it totally retconned literally everything we know about the universe in a single episode.

>it totally retconned literally everything we know about the universe in a single episode.
No, it really didn't.

Bryke get off Sup Forums and go ruin something else

How, pray tell, did it retcon everything?

He's right, it didn't really retcon anything if you aren't retarded.

The origins of every element, the avatar, the spirits/spirit world are all totally different than they were in TLA, don't even try to pretend they aren't

Islam/Arabs are fire nation
Buddhist Tibetan/Japanese fusion for airbenders
Earth kingdom are Indian/Mexican aztec like
Water people are nordics/white people

Netflix style series with full hour episodes mirroring original show, but with quirky childishness toned down a little to be more serious in line with live action, but not removing any of the heart, just amping up the sadness and desparity and fear

Around 6 episodes a piece for season 1, 2 and 3