twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kevin Feige is understandable but the other two are fine

Nolan is a true auteur.

jesus christ
why not just shave it all off at this point

more like amauteur

>Top 3 successful directors of the last 10 years are ones destroying cinema

What a coincidence!

Agreed. Thank God we have kinographers like JJ and Whedon to keep us above water.

the men who saved cheetos

You might be memeing, but the people who praise those 3 actually believe that. Especially for Joe Sweden and Much Ado About Nothing

i understand you are buttblasted as fuck but if you hate them, giving them this much credit seems counter-intuitive

People like Adam Sandler did far more to destroy the cinema. If one of those other two apart from Bravo is a capeshit director then I could accept that.

being JUST gets the juices flowing

Oh stop crying, like you know anything about movies.

Memes aside the cinematography is pure kino

youtube.com/watch?v=bXs8Ds71YaI

I can understand Fiege, though I don't hate cape flicks. They are entertainment films, and even when they have merit, it's mostly just because some of them can try to find a creative way to entertain the audience, as opposed to making a statement. I think they're fun. Still, I get it.

Nolan I can understand but really just from the reaction his films get. I think his films are very good, but it's more the culture of the films than the films themselves.

I don't get Villeneuve's inclusion. I would bet he wouldn't even be mentioned if he hadn't made a film sequel to Blade Runner, and even still it was a film with a lot of artistic merit. I think his mentioning is entirely reactionary and you should re-evaluate.

Anyways, the supposed "death of cinema as an art form" is the audience's fault.

How can you create this image and not include JJ

>tfw too smart to change formula

Nolan and Feige are hacks but not really offensively so. I dislike them and the impact they had on cinema but I don't think they're doing any lasting damagw.

And leave of Villeneuve, he's one of the most talented people working in Hollywood right now. He hasn't made a movie that wasn't at least pretty good and the new Blade Runner is one of the greatest accomplishments of recent american Science Fictio .

James Cameron

Implying it wasn't Spielberg and George Lucas.

How does it feel knowing that cinema's best days were before you were even born? It will never happen again too.

because its a troll image.

Spielberg killed cinema way back in the 80s. That fucker made everything about attracting the lowest common denominator so the film could sell in Peoria. The entire point of dramatic cinema is that it won't sell in Peoria.

Add Snyder

They're the saviors of modern cinema.

snyder is only tricking mexican teens and pajeets

It's like an extra set of spider eyes

>t. Snyderfags

>cinema
>art form

>the savior of modern cinema

Film is unironically the highest form of art.
It actually contains all the other art forms in all the filmmaking elements, from fashion, architecture, design to music, photography, the writing and performances.

With film, you can express your idea in just one single frame through framing and composition, the performance, production design, sound
etc, while in for example books you have to use multiple sentences just to set up the scene and for the viewer to grasp what's happening. Reading words linearly is not efficient and it relies too much on the readers imagination, film is just much more efficient. Also with film you get an exact fixed artistic expression that can’t be changed, while in books half of the narrative is in every readers imagination and it's entirely different with every single person.

Now that doesn't mean everyone uses the medium to it's maximum potential, but it has a far greater potential than any other art form.

>not Spielberg, Cameron and Bay
They're the McDonalds of cinema.

I doesn't contain the video game art form.

In videogames the "artist" is the player who chooses how to experience the game, and like I said with films you get a fixed artistic expression that can’t be changed.
And let's face it, most people (players) are sub-intelligent brainlets.