>BTFO of Orville in premiere ratings even with a NFL lead in
>In the end drives record numbers of cbs all access subscriptions to 5+million
>Critics and audiences adore it

Orville
>Takes pride it's a cheap knockoff of trek shows
>All the jokes fall flat
>Bleeding viewers with every episode
>Butchered by critics
>Critics and viewers alike only liked the Krill episode because it wasn't written by seth macfarlene unlike the rest of the series

Can you guess which series is gonna get a second season?
Press F to pay respects

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TMTkedIUX8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't forget seth's pathetic attempt at drumming interest by doing a Q&A tweetfest for orville.
All questions asking why it's so bad compared to STD and Family Guy.
JUST

STD! Hahahahaha seriously tho no one cares about your shitty thread you should Kys sage

STD = kino
Orville = TNG fanboy containment show

Simple as that, The Orville only fits a niche audience while STD was designed for the modern television viewer

>Critics and audiences adore it

Audiences ? I don't think so.

Finna BASED

Rhe only reason STD is doing well (if it is, can't wait for those subscriber numbers next month after all the feebies are gone) is because it's got Star Trek in the title.
It's not Trek it's a shitty expanse knock off

It's such a shame that STD is on a nothing network

now i'm definitely not watching this victim nigger show

Hello Gerald

youtube.com/watch?v=TMTkedIUX8U

>orville general dies due to lack of interest despite it airing a new episode just last night

This is beyond sad

It reached bump limit genius

What's STD's budget? Doing 'well' might not be enough.

>Jason Isaacs not there
Based

he should have just died on 9/11.

bruh look at this dude ohoho wait till you see the ph- ooohuhuhu oh nononono ohohohooooooo..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA AHHH LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD HAHAHAHAHAAAAH LOOK AT HIS LIPS HEHEEEEEEEE

>Freakishly Strong
>Powerset based off of John Carter of Mars, same as Superman
>Basically localized Space Cop
>Those uniform colours
>Ayy Lmao
God damn it. All the Dragonball/Jiren spam threads from a few days ago are getting to me.

We don't have any idea if it's doing well or not.

The pilot episode was shown on CBS network tv and had a 1.9 rating, Orville pilot had a 2.7 rating as a comparison.

From there on it's been on CBS All Access, which means we don't know how well it's doing, CBS claim they doubled their subscribers, and I believe that is true, but it means jack squat since we don't know the number of subscribers prior to STD making it on to the platform.

As for budget and a second season, given that Netflix paid the lions share of the production costs for this season, unless they are ready to pony up for a continuance this show is dead. There's no way CBS All Access subscriber fees will pay for anything close to the production budget of this series.

>don't release ratings of your private internet show
>endlessly proclaim better ratings when quite literally its not possible, because fucking nobody subs to your shitty online service

Both are shit, it's just that the Orville is the bigger pile.

Help me understand television business, why do ratings matter on the very first episode aired? People need to watch one and then make up their mind if they plan on watching it further, right? Pitting pilot against pilot seems weird to me. Bleeding numbers is perfectly understandable though.

Orville

> pretty good show
> not so much a knock-off of trek but a real world trek.

STD

> Virtue signaling, the series
> Rob black and brown people of money forcing them to pay to watch and convincing them they have a duty to do so.

>Riker shaved
>Riker gets a beard
>Alara shaved
>Alara gets eyebrows
>Klingons unshaved
>Klingons get shaved
by the faggot Singer

Hmmmmmmmm........

Nevermind that shit, actual good Sci-Fi show coming through.

>general
That's your problem right there you fucking redditor. Everything doesn't need to have a fucking general.

Season 3 soon.

It matters as those are the only comparison numbers we have with which to gauge interest, which in turn could translate into CBS All Access subscribers.

If we had CBS All Access numbers, this would be a discussion of facts rather than guesswork.

You only like STD because it has pretty visuals. Everything else about the show is just mediocre.

The initial viewership drop was caused by them moving to a different day, which was completely expected. Other than that, the ratings seem to have stabilised.

>a real world trek.
What do you mean?

Why do people think Orville is not the SJW show and Discovery is? I've been trying Orville and so far every episode has been retarded levels of SJW like the female sex change episode. The scenes where the lawyer reasonably pointed out where the single examples of other species don't really relate to the question only to be called a dick stand out. The one I'm watching now is "religion is for close minded zealots duders".

Firefly was cancelled on the third show

Actually like both (despite Mcfarlance being a cuck) because I enjoy the theme, about to check out EP1 of

will report back soon. Here's a cool pic in the meatime.

oh god it's Syfy ...

Alright, I took a bite, now I've gotta chew it.

>star trek is all about screaming, people punching each other, and explosions!
truly a nu-male opinion worthy of nu-Sup Forums

>The initial viewership drop was caused by them moving to a different day, which was completely expected
Why do Fox always do that though? It's such a common pattern you'd think someone there just hates sci-fi with a passion.

And all was right in the world.

Not that user but I think he means Orville is an actual Star Trek show in all the ways that STD is not it just doesn't have the name. When you see how many Star Trek people are in the credits for Orville and how many people in the credits for STD are people who have been making cookie cutter bullshit for their whole careers it makes sense.

STD is so overdesigned is almost hurts to watch.

what was the point of making geeky things mainstream and then pumping it full of diversity and hyperleft politics?

what was the fucking end game?

>cbs all access subscriptions to 5+million

So you're saying 5 million is a lot on an internet user base with an optimal of multi-billions daily?

Hmmmmmm...

By your own data STD would be alongside The Orville, or lower in viewership.

I'm sure those people are all super smart so we should definitely follow their lead

But then there would be no American Dad and American Dad is great. At least it got immensely better once it stopped being really "his".

TNG is the shittiest Star Trek series. I have no idea how it is the most popular. Probably because the kiddos grew up watching X-Men 1 and X-2.

> STD was designed for the modern television viewer

It's a fucking JJ Abrams festival. His films physically fucking exhaust me. I don't know how on earth anyone would watch that show.

Last episode proved the Orville is far superior. They effectively made an episode of the first 2 episodes of STD.

They were facing a religious zealot (nuKlingon/Krill), but instead of the first idea being blasting them to kingdom come, they wanted to understand them through their religion ("Thats a Federation sentiment if I ever Heard one"). And even when they had to kill the crew to save the colonist they wouldn't kill the children, and had them returned to their home knowing that they might become enemies later.

Simply because it was the moral and right thing to do.
The Orville did STD BETTER than STD.

episode was reallytt good and made me laugh quite a bit and hit the spots of questioning morality and stuff that trek does

where as in STD, fuck all has happened and fuck all to care about, like just pure cringe and tryhard and elluding to things with no end in sight , juts terrible

Orville is garbage. Poltards here only pretend to like it to spite STD for casting a black chick as the lead.

Speaking of black actors this guy can't deliver a line for shit.
It's not just the dialogue that's written for him that's bad but his performance as well.
>next episode is centered on him
aaaand gonna be the worst episode

the left knows it looks like shit, the right is unaware it looks like shit

>Alright guys it's the premiere night of our show but before it comes on we have to teach drumpfy a little lesson by taking a knee and posting a picture of it on instagram

Why continue using this argument? Even Sup Forums loves Benjamin Sisko, a black lead character. The problem is Michael's a shit character, and that wouldn't change if she's made a white male; but being a black and female enables them to label those who criticize her as both sexist and racist.

Marketers don't know about Sisko. I can't find an archive of the articles before they started editing them, though google has some of the original titles cached.

Has this fat numale ever had an original idea?

fucking really
They're saying all of this as if Star Trek didn't have quite a few black actors already, including a lead, and including one of the first black women to have a regular role in a TV program.

The Orville is doing incredibly well with its ratings and is the highest rated new show on Fox.

No one cares. Fuck off.

It's literally the topic of this thread.

I care

No hes not, he's a big time anti-trump faggot.

why are they all taking a knee anyway?

Ding-Dong Diddly cringe

These are the same people who think cops "murder" blacks in cold blood.

> can confirm
Sup Forums here Sisko was fine because it wasn't in our face most of the time, except for that shitty comic book episode.
Mummy janeway was based too.

Because of institutional racism

>Show is behind a paywall

Is it really? LOL Glad I pirate everything. I'm so far removed from where the content of anything comes from now that I literally don't know what shows come from what networks or companies. Nor, do I fucking care. But, seriously, people PAY for that shit? hahaah

Yeah I wonder how long it will be before Sup Forums admits they backed the wrong horse. From what I've seen most people who talk shit about STD didn't actually watch it and they're trying hard to like Orville every episode, even ones about cutting up baby genitals.

>Hurr diversity!
Orville has a lower ratio of whites and men on the main cast than STD, and is 10x more political. I just don't get it.

Ever notice that the people who do this sort of thing are typically the same people who follow just about every 99%-styled event or propaganda? It is like they are desperate to belong yet desperate to be different.

Lol cry more Mr man tits

What is this the remake of Gay Niggers from outer Space?

Why do Orville fanboys have to go out of their way to be jackasses? If you love the show Orville is ripping off then surely you know you're being an awful human being.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa muh Sup Forums

Sounds like your saying more about yourself then anything Tbvh.

I won't watch discovery because it has a nigger lead.

As objective as I can be, it seems to me The Orville is winning.

You can tell whe.n people are Luke warm, or are invested and thus defensive on flawed shows, movies, ideas etc.

You can also tell when people love something. Fans love the Orville. The STD fan base is truly split, and even then I don't see the American level of positivity. Every serious YouTube review I've watched starts with, "well...it looks great"

So a myth.

No (you) for you shill

>6 episodes
>1 is a muh animals episode
>1 is transgender/sexism episode
>2 of them is le religion is evil episodes
This is far up its own ass than Discovery

MacFarlane is smarter than you and it shows.

You 100% correct

Modern televisions fucking sucks then. Why can't they even afford proper lighting?

>STD watchers mad that The Orville watchers enjoy themselves
I don't understand.

Both shows kind of fall flat imo but Orville at least makes me smile a few times and feel comfy whereas Discovery just makes me bored and uncaring

>I've been trying Orville and so far every episode has been retarded levels of SJW like the female sex change episode.
the protagonists were against the operation happening to a child.
>The one I'm watching now is "religion is for close minded zealots duders".
they're obviously muslims. the war obsessed culture, the severed head, the radicalized children.

Well that kills it.

Orville sounds deep as shit then, guess I have to pirate that show with no survivors.

Yeah, by the ratings, of which Orvilles are dropping and STDs are rising.

Most people I see criticizing STD are criticizing the behavior of the cast and crew and not the series itself, or are just bandwagoning with people who didn't even watch it. Viewership doesn't lie, though.

Political schlock. I'll just enjoy my comfy neutral Discovery.

>Viewership doesn't lie, though.
Too bad you have to lie about viewership.

And here come the contrarians, defending this tripe because it's made by their reddit hero.

>Viewership doesn't lie, though.

Where are these viewership figures for STD?

He's not talking about you personally, it's about normal people without autist agendas.

>Political schlock. I'll just enjoy my comfy neutral Discovery.
see

>Based
The badge of honor of the mouthbreather.

I'm watching E6, I'm getting a warhammer 40k feel from the krill. in a good way.

i do like the religious aspect, not in a fedora way but it sets them apart from the trek empires Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians.

I am defending Orville because It's kept me watching. I don't really over-analyze my media. I have so much to choose from that either something entices me to watch more or I shut it off and move on to something else. There's no agenda to my viewing habits outside of entertainment.

I shut STD off right when Michael vulcan-neck pinched her captain so she could mutiny and start a war. Not because she's black and not because the cast took a knee, but because that moment crystallized how poorly thought out and written that character(and the overalls story) is and probably will continue to be.

>not afraid to name the jew Weinstein
>not anyone's here
He is literally the best actor in Hollywood as we know it, cuck.