/hor/ - horror general

This was underwhelming as fuck. Soup Nazi being one of the main characters was a surprise though.

Other urls found in this thread:

btdb.to/q/musaranas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just watched this for the first time. I've seen so many horror films from the 20's all the way into the 90's. I honestly thought I was completely desensitized and felt that I've seen it all. I was dead fucking wrong. The fact I can still watch another horror movie and have it leave an impact on me is mind blowing. It had a good build up, great suspense, jaw dropping effects, and was aesthetic as fuck. The Ennio Morricone soundtrack was breathtaking and a damn fine cast. I purposely waited to see this and it got to the point where I started to feel maybe I've waited too long and that I'd end up disappointed. Man this film is a work of art in a genre that gets so much shit. I'm glad I dropped $20 for the Scream Factory Blu Ray. You get the film in the highest quality, THREE fucking audio commentaries, documentaries, and literally a shit ton of special features.

Easily shattered my all time top 10. I thought the original movie was pretty good but this one is a must watch.

Is there anything similar to Noroi I can watch? It's probably my favorite horror film since 2000 at this point. Something that's complex, bit of a slow burn that focuses more on atmosphere and feelings of unease rather than outright gore until the climax at least

only thing that comes to mind is occult, another found-footage japanese horror

Yeah, that's also by the same director. I've seen that and loved the hell out of it too. Just wondering if anyone would have any non-Japanese films comparable to that.

Jersey Devil comes close, in terms of how it is a documentary style setup where the crew ends up getting involved. But it's not nearly as good as Noroi or especially not Occult. Most Western found footage really lacks subtlety or buildup.

Made a mistake, the title wasn't Jersey Devil but The Last Broadcast--it's about the jersey devil legend.

Thanks for the recommendation user. The Jersey Devil legend is pretty interesting in the first place, so I'll give it a watch soon

A movie that never gets mentioned and is only sort of a horror movie: 3 Women

Posting some of my favorite Japanese horror

Holy heck this was boring and forgettable.

>The Haunting
>boring and forgettable
underage detected.

I can't imagine any horror fan not seeing this movie. Its a classic and god tier.

Stolen. House is the fucking tits

what's in the lower left?

>pleb film in the OP

>bit of a slow burn that focuses more on atmosphere and feelings of unease rather than outright gore until the climax at least

Lake Mungo, for sure.

Yotsuya Kaidan. It was pretty good.
>Lake Mungo
This is the ultimate meme for horror threads. It's shit.

Just give me something to watch man
Preferable semi-recent, non-supernatural themes

>This is the ultimate meme for horror threads. It's shit.

You're one of those retards that thinks Lake Mungo is shit because its not nonstop jumpscares and gore. It's a good film. Not perfect, but good. Everybody should see it and there's a reason its posted often.

>someone is a retarded for not liking nonstop jumpscares and gore
user please

>Preferable semi-recent
Yeah you get nothing. What kind of faggot decides to join a horror general asking for recent films of all things.

There's plenty of recent indie movies worth seeing.

This is great

Guess what comes out the 24th?

Oh great. More direct to Netflix trash that no one will actually bother watching.

Lol whatever nigger, when I post the torrent for this, the thread will be full of people who want to see it. There's lots of requests on private trackers as well.

Does it have anything to do with ?

>Sup Forums
>producer of Paranormal Activity & The Purge
>Sequel to an already shitty movie
>b..but the thread will be full of people who want to see it
Yeah good luck with that. Maybe we can finally get an entire thread of underage tards who will be too busy to post in decent horror threads.

This is actually a really fun, little known horror movie from Canada that Sup Forums should watch.

why do they feel the need to make a sequel to a something that doesn't need it, they did the same thing with the man from earth

actually enjoyed this. i liked that it wasn't 90 minutes, like most other found footage films, made it seem less of a drag

I can already see it in between You're Next and Zombeavers as I try my best to scroll past it as fast as possible.

got recommended to me in a similar Sup Forums thread like...4 years ago now. very fun indeed. I love the idea of being trapped in an isolated location while the apocalypse happens on the outside

Looks like nothing but garbage CGI. Also
>Canada
yeah I'll pass.

Dude I might have been the one who recommended it to you.

I love recommending unknown indie horror.

I always tell found footage lovers to watch this, for example.

So are we posting indie horror?
I can rec this.

There's all sorts of neato shit made in the last ten years man. Have you seen You're Next, Green Room or The Borderlands?

Kino coming through

More required viewing that isn't posted often

>You're Next, Green Room or The Borderlands
Hot garbage
Nothing special (except Patrick Stewart)
Shit

What are some thrillers on the cusp of horror iyho (in your honest opinion)?

This one is a bit horror-ish

Wouldn't agree but I really liked Coherence.

This is not what I expected when I joined the thread. I'll try to save it before it gets too far gone.

semi-similar

If you think this looks generic and plebbish like I did then you're dead wrong, totally defied my expectations and ended up being one my favourite movies I watched lately.
Really awesome atmosphere and tension building, and has a really unique set-up compared to most horror films.

I found it slow and was disappointed by a lack of payoff, but for a cheap as fuck movie it was really nice in parts.
That masturbation scene though

Nice trash movie you got there

Tell me about the Green Room
Is there torture in it and is it very graphic? Trying to determine if I could watch it with my wife

I can agree it didnt have many thrills.
But I found the performances by the actors and the atmosphere great.

This movie is so fucking aesthetic. Every single frame is incredibly gorgeous to look at. It's almost an art film in a way but with a wacky plot. I wouldn't be surprised if Criterion puts this out at some point

Kino Spanish thriller-horror here

Looks like shit. Person in the middle trying to do their best Peter Lorre impression.

Not a gorefest, violence is rarely used but its really well done and gets to you. It's a great movie to watch with people, really makes you worry about and root for the main characters.

>poster makes it bad

dumbass. this was one of the best films in the past 10 years.

Also, this.

Might have a different reputation around here if all the promotional material hadn't screamed horror movie

forgot pic

>this was one of the best films in the past 10 years.
Horror films maybe which really isn't saying much.

>does for subways what jaws did for oceans
Why is this type of review so common? It's scary how many films use that endorsement or some variation, like psycho and showers.

thank you user

what kind of people do you think become movie reviewers for Entertainment Today

this was surprisingly intense. I haven't seen the original in forever so I'm going to check it out later for comparison.

Lol. The Netflix interface sucks ass.

Are there any good "hidden" horror movies? Recently I discovered that even Finland made one called The White Reindeer.

>Ugetsu is horror

Best hidden gems on Netflix and Hulu?

>The Dark Souls of horror movies

Stay Alive?

Daily reminder that Sauna is criminally underrated.

The unrated version yeah sure got to admit the voice activation stuff still isn't even really a thing in games

lol

Your problem now is you're going to seriously struggle to find another film that can compete. I don't think I've watched a horror film more times over - sometimes with a notepad in hand to try and work out the order of who gets infected and when - and never gotten bored of it, with the possible exception of The Shining. Nothing else really measures up to Carpenter's Thing.

Name them please x

Fwiw, stuff I've seen recently that I rate:

The Void
>6/10
Was a nice execution, probably the best recent take on unknowable horror, it just lacked in a few places, would like to see with better director, reminded me of Hellraiser.

The Witch:
>9/10
Great, different feel and style, genuinely creepy, brilliant atmosphere - see A Field In England

Neon Demon
>7/10
Beautiful looking, mesmerising. That said, I couldn't give a fuck for the characters...

Twin Peaks Season 3
7-10/10
See The Witch description mostly.

Red Christmas:
8/10
Aussie comedy/horror, pretty fucked up premise, genuine different spin on shit and jesus - the "monster" is fucking depressing

It Comes At Night:
6/10 too slow, didn't give a shit about the characters, nicely shot

American Horror Story:
>5/10
I'll stick with it, traditionally a leftist (nonSjw), the portrayal of that shit is funny, it's not dark/horrific enough though :/

Kuso
>8/10
Fucked up splatter

Also been enjoying some classics, Howling 2, Return of The Living Dead 2&3 etc.

I finally got around to watching this. This was good, well worth checking out

are both the best indie I've seen, loved the atmosphere in Invitation.

Perfect Host was awesome

It is pretty brutal/grahic - she'll love it ;)

Witching and Bitching is better

Where can i watch/download? I can't find it anywhere.

You don't try hard enough. Learn to not give up. Learn to torrent.

btdb.to/q/musaranas/

Do you want a Suicide Squad-styled slasher movie? A team of slasher villains lead by Ash to save the world.

i want a suicide squad styled slasher where ash saves the world by himself

i think that's called Ash Vs The Evil Dead

season 3 when?

>by himself
Shame about the turds names Pablo and Kelly, especially Kelly. Like holy fuck get rid of them already.

How is the original anyway? Haven’t seen either.

Recommend me some horror films with great t&a. Movies like Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers and Lifeforce. I already watched pretty much every single slasher movie there is and everything with Linnea Quigley.

>Skyrim, with guns!!

This movie has a good concept but how the fuck can you call it a good movie? It's like the writer was like "eh that roughly makes sense, film it"

Lake Mungo is like a modern day Grifter except even worse because it actually exists and it wastes 2 hours of your life

Well that's more effort than 98% of horror movies. Not that it's saying much. Probably could have been a 44 minute Twilight Zone episode.

Thanks man.

Absolutely nothing special but I guess it's worth watching for the sake of it.

This was some really uncomfortable thriller kino. Loved the tension. The score reminded me of Enemy.

pleb detected

Is The Babysitter (2017) any good?
It popped up recently on Netflix and some people say it's fun, but it looks like one of those modern PG13 movies aimed at teens that end up being crap.

Pretty sure it's a horror comedy.

Recently watched
Don't Torture A Duckling 9/10
What Have You Done to Solange (inc.) wasn't in the mood for a slow burn so got distracted and need to watch again

I wish there was an actual fucking monster in that shit instead of this stupid "people are the real monsters" shit that's been appearing in a lot of movies and shows nowadays. It's probably the worst modern trope.