Why do Americans pay this British person to act smug and make fun of them on TV?

Why do Americans pay this British person to act smug and make fun of them on TV?

Other urls found in this thread:

thedailybeast.com/why-british-actors-outclass-hollywood
youtube.com/watch?v=dpscJe4L9Do
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's wrong Drumpfy? Triggered the Left is making fun of your loser president?

No. Can you read?

No I'm actually British and it confuses me. I overheard my room mate watching him and all he does is act smug and insult his audience and they love it.

I'm wondering if Americans just hate themselves.

thedailybeast.com/why-british-actors-outclass-hollywood

The writers are American though. He just reads jokes that are written for him. The smug brit accent is funnier.

A lot of us have a weakness for British and British-like accents.

As far as Daily Show spinoffs go, he went with a formula that is closest to the original thing, one that seems to work better than the others.

>the writers are Jewish though

ftfy

I for one have a hard time remembering what year it is

2 words
cuck culture

he's an american citizen
lots of americans emigrated from other coutries

>I'm wondering if Americans just hate themselves.
no it's just the left that hate themselves, which is the entirety of this man's audience

I fucking hate lefty Americans who self-depricate by calling themselves "dumb Americans like me" whenever speaking to foreigners. It's easily one of my biggest pet peeves.

It's really funny how unpopular he is in england. He's not even hated, he's just unknown.

Americans are dumb though.

the type of americans he's shitting on don't watch the show

Go ahead and put that one in the trash.

yeah, he had to settle for the consolation prize of being relevant in the american television industry, sad!

Have you seen how obese and dumb most of america is? It's a cultural sinkhole that only exists for corporations to exploit. Why shouldn't we make fun of this? Look at the president for example of america's degeneracy. It's always been trashy but now the jerry springer rejects are angry because their lives are shit and they're just realizing it.

>Why do Americans pay this British person to act smug and make fun of them on TV?

So he can tell racist White Americans they need to vote Dem and pay more taxes to help out Blacks and Mexicans, then he goes out and buys a multi-million dollar condo apartment in Manhattan and uses shell companies to pay no sales tax on it….

>goes out and buys a multi-million dollar condo apartment in Manhattan and uses shell companies to pay no sales tax on it….
something your conservative overlords are surely morally above

Louis Theroux is a Brit who does something similar.

He always goes over to America to film documentaries of American weirdos.

I miss Stewart and Colbert (no, he's not the same in his late-night show).

Stewart's brand of humor was more humble and subdued.

Colbert took an opposite tone, of brazen, unapologetic satire, and owned it.

Oliver is just that: smug, and honestly boring. "Drumpf?" Really? That's the best you can think of?

I'm liberal and I find both him and Jon Stewart's replacement boring.

Why did witch house have to die?

Louis' dad is American and you can tell he likes Americans more than the English. They're a happier and more honest people

it was a meme genre

It's 2017! He left UK and moved to US, where he's been living I guess few decades now, and earning himself more than enough

I think he's a liberal cuck, but I admit his show is still a lot better than most

Who do the British have to make fun of them? Oh right, same bunch of wanna-be comedians from Cambridge university. Same shit.

Americans need to be put in their place.

youtube.com/watch?v=dpscJe4L9Do

About a third of Americans are submissive asses

Because the left can't meme and their only influence on culture is through franchised stand-up shilled into your televisions.
They lost the news influence as soon as fake news became as apparent. They continue to lose Hollywood as no one sees their billion dollar vanity projects and continue losing money on them.
The only thing left is their late night "comedy". So they will push it and fail to understand why it will tank in a couple years as it becomes more and more unrelatable and unintelligible as it pushes narrative over what people are watching it for... The funny.

No, we hate the retards that keep defining us on the world stage.

>all this salt
>autistic screeching at no one

I think you need a lie down.

Bit too accurate?

absolutely based fucking ollie reed.

I found The Daily Show unwatchable long before Stewart left. The new guy is fine, it's just the material they give him is too preachy. The problem is the show and the staff, not the host himself. For me, that is.

Show me how the right is more funny, though.

Religious conservatives can't make jokes at all, and the rest of the modern right can't seem to graduate past "DUDE, NIGGER LMAO."

>it's okay for us to be immoral because conservatives are immoral!
>btw we're the good guys

The right's not funny, they just genuinely seem to think that making racist edits of images or yelling about refugees and black crime is somehow funny to most people rather than something only they find funny

>libruls r badd becuz big house
yup, absolutely nothing about this comes off as disingenuous

Americans adore the taste of British cock. We send all our shit TV personalities over there to act superior and tell them they're dumb and they just eat them up. Some kind of weird psychological thing I suspect. I mean they stabbed the mother country in the back which had given them everything. They must realise the sheer ingratitiude of what they did and subconsciously need to make amends somehow.

Depends what's your definition of right.

Bill Burr, for example, I would say he's right leaning, and he's currently hilarious.
But you'll be like
>he's not rightwing, he married a black woman
And then who's the racist

Or, when it comes tos strictly political commentary, hardcore rightwinger like Ben Shapiro and Milo Yiannopoulos, both are funny.

you're partially right.

The left hates their country

My statements are absolute truths

>So he can tell racist White Americans they need to vote Dem and pay more taxes to help out Blacks and Mexicans

this is strangely accurate

Yeah, it was definetly the big house part that caused upset, not the 'using a shell company to avoid taxes' part.

The retards here defining you aren't all that much better

>All Americans emigrated from other countries

ftfy

>here
"here" being Sup Forums? You expect higher standards? jump off a building.

Why do (((Americans))) pay this (((British person))) to act smug and make fun of them on TV?
ftfy

Tell that to pierce morgan, subject.

Go to /wsg/ and find a pol thread. Hell any ylyl thread will have something right leaning and funny. The entire paint sketches of hypocrite liberals is still gold. Meanwhile this is the left on social media. Hearts and minds user, hearts and minds is how you secure your support and future.

Is this another Brits vs Burgers thread? Aren't you guys tired from ?

Alex Jones is funnier than any leftist.

Not any dumber than a Brit or any other European.

This
Especially when you can't help but disparage the leaning right from the standing right and miss the entire point of the process of feeding information.
The moment leftists stop defaulting into defending themselves by asserting the only rightists are their version of rightists is the day we actually can get back to some kind of political bipartisanship.

You first, do you think you'd leave a creator?

>John Oliver
>Piers Morgan
>James fucking Corden

Yanks have truly dismal taste. Appreciate you taking these cunts off our hands though X

Because it makes trumpkins butthurt.

Are you new here or just retarded?

John Oliver is based though. He was great on Community as well.

They aren't trying to be funny in those posts, though.

K

What if I told you right wing faggots are not his audience.

What kind of bubble do you live in?

It's because the left has nothing to joke about anymore that can't top the literal joke in office right now.

Get off Sup Forums newfag

So your argument is that people should keep guns so they can assassinate the president?

Not me. I couldn't care less and wish trump would dissolve his egotism with a strong hit of acid

meant to reply to

>the only rightists are their version of rightists
>this thinking only applies to the left

>can't top the literal joke in office right now.

Congratu-fuckin-lations, liberal snowflake. You are 100% right. You just completely accidentally made a statement, a realization you could never make on purpose. Trump being in the office is a joke, THE joke which, as you yourself just admitted, nobody on left could top.

We like British people saying Americans are shit. John Oliver, Simon Cowell, Gordon Ramsay.

Anyone who plays tightly to the "rules", or takes the "rules" very seriously, instantly loses in the world of comedy.
15 years ago it was the religious right. Today it's the left.

I wasn't saying they were. I was pointing to this as being a prominent example of leftists in social media, as in the largest
battleground of the culture war. This is what they are putting into the ether that is the internet. Meanwhile

This is an example of what is coming from a right wing perspective and not just getting seen but actively circulated through all corners of the surface net.
Just look at how politically decisive and poignant Kimmel has become in the last couple weeks. Do you think he has changed any minds? Made people stop and think? No. But these memes pointing out hypocrisy in rhetoric, these comedians pushing against political correctness, these political corespondents pushing their talking points in a civil but serious way with Shapiro and a brazen and challenging way with Milo, these are actively not only turning people but pushing more than just the echo chamber that the left still seems to believe they not only need but will never need to step out of. It's stagnant and it's going to continue to lose support as alienation continues because of this and misinformation becomes their only reliable to hold onto their support.

He does this a lot. Tweets without thinking.

Yup, and any other form of tyrannical oppression that could disrupt the individual self.

haha DRUMPF

>calls you a racist

What do?

Call him a limey cunt.

Well...yea.

>British person
It's been a while since that was true.

>Why do Jews pay this faggot to act smug and make fun of whites on TV?
You now understand post-modernity.

a Jew

the Nazis were right, Jews flip out if you call them Jews. it's not on his wiki page but he does have Jewish ancestry and that's why he looks like that

Own up to it and speak to how all people are racist and it's not necessarily bad

oh look, the hourly Sup Forums thread!

This goy gets it.

because most americucks are cucks, especially the ones who watch HBO and vote democrat.

oliver is also literally a cuck. his wife is some manly bitch ex-soldier who probably got gang-banged whilst she was """serving""" overseas.

Get out has a nigger
But, he's a british nigger. The rest of the cast (including other niggers) are americans

The Force Awakens, Star Wars, the biggest thing ever. Has a nigger in it. But, he's a british nigger

You see it now? You get it? What, you though the "eternal anglo" was just a meme? Anglos are just as bad, if not worse than Jews.

Because Jews run American media and actually hate American traditional values.

What's the matter, Ahmed? Did a mean old american drone blow up your grandma or something?

>he actually think he is opressed in thw first world
>violence against democratically elected officials is okay if I meme my brain into thinking anyone who opposes me is evil
SJW logic, literally SJW logic...

He actually does have interesting, pretty well researched topics

>the racism isn't a bad thing meme
2edgy5me

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD YOURE SO RIGHT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA MY GOD HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS BEFORE? IS IT REALLY THAT SIMPLE? YES! YES IT IS! YOUR COOKIE CUTTER PERSPECTIVE AND ERRONEOUS ASSERTIONS HAVE COMPLETELY WON ME OVER TO YOUR SIDE OF THE POLITICAL PERSPECTIVE!

see how inane regergitating rhetoric is and how it actually accomplishes nothing but self virtue signalling and is simply masterbatory? No, still probably lost on you

I know it's a clickbait trash site, but it's still painfully wrong.
The reason why they're prolific in hollywood is because British acting culture is about taking any job they can get and doing the best they can with it.
There will always be outliers, but it's that attitude that gets them where they are. It's also why American actors like Jackson, Walken and others stay relevant even if they star in shit films from time to time.

Needless to say, none of this refers to Oliver

Prejudice is racism isn't

yes comrade
america shall fall!

alah akbar