Well that was awful

well that was awful

is this tarantino's worst? if not, what is?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QHb8tBh_VnU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>well that was great
fixed

Stopped watching 1.5 hours in. What did I miss?

>it was just like people talking for 3 hours and shit, nothing happened.

worst is deathproof but I actually enjoyed it

the Reservoir Dogs bloodbath at the end.

Inglorious Basterds is his worst. It's full of excurciatingly long takes where nothing happens. He thinks it builds tension to watch Klaus eat a waffle or drink milk while he wears his SS uniform but it just drags on and makes the entire movie insufferable. Also, Pitt's terrible attempt at a Southern accent.

a nigger and racist fall in love

>literally a shitty Reservoir Dogs in a cowboy setting
It was kinda comfy though.

why dos Tarantino want to blackwash spaghetti westerns so fucking badly?

>long takes where nothing happens.
You have an attention span problem.
>Pitt's terrible attempt at a Southern accent.
His accent was bad on purpose...

goggins was kino in this

it's the purest pleb filter. it's in his top 3

Because he loves blaxploitation films from the 70s as well as Sergio Leone films and he wanted to splice those two genres together and make a black pride Western. That's what Django was. This was really more a stage production of a Robert Altman film in which all the humor is replaced with gritty 90s Miramax violence and swearing.

tarantino lost something after kill bill 2. Everything since then has been pretty mediocre.

Not at all, Tarantino just has an editing and pacing problem.

youtube.com/watch?v=QHb8tBh_VnU

Because there were a fuckton of black dudes in the west

>tarantino lost something after Pulp Fiction. Everything since then has been pretty mediocre.
FTFY

its way too bloated.

that said, gets better on second viewing.

i think what you're talking about is his distinct style. He takes his time, especially with dialogues, to let tension build and let the actors 'do the talking' as it were. You have to listen carefully and pay attention to detail, especially to the actors' expressions. Idk i just like it a lot and had no trouble at al staying concentrated and engaged watching IB.

His worst script, but Jennifer Jason Leigh was great.

I love movies that take place in one setting and is nothing but dialogue. Literally the best type of movie.

Have you seen The Sunset Limited and My Dinner With Andre? Those two are great in that regard.

Go back and rewatch that first scene in the French farmer's home. Where Hans Linda and the farmer sit at the table and smoke, drink milk, etc. I want you to tell me, honestly, that couldn't have had three minutes cut from it and lost anything in the process. Then, if you're still unsure, go to where Hans sits down with Shoshanna and eats the strudel and creme and tell me you couldn't lose at least five minutes of footage from that scene and not have been better off or at least lost nothing.

The Sunset Limited is my favorite Mccarthy play, and the screen adaptation with Jones and Jackson was pretty decent, all things considered.

Go watch Marat/Sade.

I recently rewatched it and enjoyed it more than I ever did because of Christoph Waltz' portrayal of Landa. I could have had 5 more minutes in both of those scenes if the writing and acting was as good. He's just a one of a kind character being portrayed perfectly by Waltz.

The scenes are that good because they take their time, in my opinion.

*nails the door shut 5 times for no reason*

god tier
>jackie brown
>vol 2
goddess tier
>fiction
>dogs
>bastards
mediocre tier
>death proof
>vol 1
shit tier
>django
>8

Not even close

Jackie Brown
Reservoir Dogs
>power gap
Pulp Fiction
>power gap
Hateful Eight
Kill Bill
Django Unchained
>power gap
Inglorious Basterds
>power gap
Deathproof

Kill Bill is his worst

jackie brown is boring af niggers fuck off

Have you never seen 'Deathproof'?

i don't understand the hate for death proof personally, but apart from that... you gotta admit the car chases and kills are amazing, right?

people talking in a cabin then dumb action shlock

Yeah Deathproof is definitely the worst tarantino movie. I felt crazy watching it because I felt like I was missing so much.

death proof is the ultimate pleb filter

>His accent was bad on purpose...
Source?

>Source?
Brad Pitt has a history of being critiqued for his accents. I think Quentin wanted to play with that by giving him one of the worst accents ever. I mean, to think the silly accent went over Quentin's head is laughable, of course he heard it was funny and inaccurate. There's also a lot of moments in the movie where it's being played with like the 'buongiorno'.
Also the weird spelling 'inglourious basters' comes from Aldo's bad spelling as it's written on his gun that way in a scene. Aldo was pretty dumb and silly, like a b-movie character.

It's a movie built around fast forward or a media player scrubber
>fast forward like 15 minutes
>still see the same shot for like 30 seconds and miss zero dialogue.