Is Rogue One kino?

Is Rogue One kino?

No, it's essential "Only the Last half hour is worth watching"-core

Nah it was shit

Doesn't get good until Whitaker dies. Afterwards it gradually improves until it's the best thing to happen to the series since ROTJ.

I thought it was nice visually but the story was so boring that it was a chore to watch

banjo?

well it's better than phantom menace

probably better than clone wars

It's good but literally half of the movie feels like filler.

>well it's better than phantom menace
Lolno

>probably better than clone wars
sure

Felicitys butt is kino

I don't remember any of the people in it.

>iRebel was cut

absolutely boring

I think this is a fair statement.
I regret seeing TFA, not seeing R1.
Still, no more nu-SW for me.

It was so dull.
None of the characters were interesting or likable. I felt nothing when they starting dying one by one.

I think Gareth Edwards can come up with some cool visuals but he's just terrible with actors and dialogues.

it's this generation's citizen kane.

Yeah, i even disliked the character played by Donnie Yen, which i am a fan off.
This has never happened before.

The story is average, but I was impressed by the visuals. More power to Disney if they can put out shit like this on the regular.

That's the weirdest thing I liked most of the cast but couldnt care less about the characters they portrayed.

They managed to make me not give a shit about Mads. That's an achievement, I Guess?

This

And this.

The last 30 minutes are really good and there is some emotional pull to it but nothing fucking happens in the first 1 and half hours. It's still much better than TFA. Atleast the protagonist was somewhat likeable and cute.

I actually like the first half more than the long battle on Scarif.

George Lucas likes RO and hates TFA

Just skip to the last 40 minutes and you're good.

I hated the music that played when the yellow title hit the screen. It sounded utterly clumsy.

Doesn't surprise me. Rogue One is much better and doesn't rape the OT to death. Even if you hate R1, it atleast doesn't break the Lucas films like TFA did.

Whitaker is so bad. Almost burst out laughing in the theater.

What butt?

I agree, but I didn't mind the rest of it. That one track clashes with everything else. They'd probably be better off eventually replacing it with the generic screen crawl in a future revision.

The last 40 minutes are pretty ok, but there was so much wasted potential. The whole movie was full of wasted potential.
No that's the sign of a bad screenwriter and a mediocre director.

I hoped the movie would humanize the Imps. Disappointing to say the least.

half the """"""main characters"""""" are 2-dimensional and forgettable as fuck

The director has put out solid work in the past, if anything this comes down to Disney micromanaging everything.

The character he plays is pretty much insane at that point from untreated PTSD.

It starts out messy, but like someone said, the last half an hour is great. And if you don't mind CGI Carrie Fisher, even the fan service bit at the end is fun.

This.

Any Star Wars movie will never be true kino because Disney will not let it.

The best it can achieve is something like Captain America: Winter Solider, the best of capeshit which is not saying much.

When I almost fell asleep watching Rogue One, I remembered it's the same director as Godzilla and it was part of the ride watching his films.

>that shot of the upside-down Death Star

Yep, it's kino.

But the last half hour aren't worth watching either.

A good director wouldn't let Disney micromanage all that shit. He/she would rather go and do another Movie than to bow down to Kathleen Kenedy and her squad of feminists.

Monsters is the only good movie he has to his name thus far.

It's good, but I didn't like any of the characters apart from Krennic

Should've had Gin and a twilek rebel make out to calm each other down.

>A good director wouldn't let Disney micromanage all that shit.
Yeah, and then get a reputation as being hard to work with and have a much harder career going forward. Just look at whatshisname that got booted from the Han Solo movie. He was getting hammered in the press as being a piece of shit.

Yeah, that's the solid work I'm referring to.

Good luck trying to stop the mouse micromanagement. They are the essential market research company. If they see things going towards something they don't like the director is booted fast in favor of someone that knows the score.

Also happened to Trevorrow.

Except the last 40 minutes of the movie came almost entirely from reshoots

it's likely that the movie was a complete piece of shit from the get-go and the reshoots that added all the action at the end to try to save it

Haven't seen it but can't be worse than Force Awakens

>Except the last 40 minutes of the movie came almost entirely from reshoots
This is nothing but unsubstantiated rumors most likely originating from pro-Disney sites. We don't know what they reshot.

And this was completely unknown before they where accepting the deal?
My point is a good director would say politely no to Disney.

Or maybe Kennedy is as much a perv like Harvey and they just decided not do go down on the knees and lick the wrinkled pussy of that old hag.

>My point is a good director would say politely no to Disney.
You know plenty of good directors have worked on big budget shit and used it as a stepping stone to other projects.

this one

>fat arse on a thin body
Is there anything better on this world than this?

Why didn't they put that butt in the movie then? It was no where to be seen.

Besides the “dullest franchise in history,” is there anymore of a brainlet tier series than Star Wars?

They did but she had black pants.

Just because a movie has little to no subtext and aimed at the masses doesn't mean it cant be good.

Raiders is a good example of what you can get if you embrace the pulp.

Really doesn't look good in those pants.

I liked it more than Star Wars 7.

Especially the Vader scene was amazing, it felt like it was from some sort of horror movie. You don't see a lot of stuff thats not centred around the protagonists in the normal Star Wars material so i think it was a pretty nice new angle

Also the visual + audio design was amazing

Still better than Marvel Cinematic Universe

Shame that the male and female leads were the two most boring people in the franchise.

Big mommy boobies

Reddit lite's thoughts on Nostalgia Critic?

That's why Disney was fine killing them off.

Does anyone have a source on what the reshoots added?

Yeah the cinematography in this was the best we've had since the original trilogy.

I've been a Starwars nerd for 3 decades and I thought Rogue One was trash

To be quite honest, I do believe that it was the worst film of all time