What are your favorite Shakespeare film adaptations, Sup Forums?

What are your favorite Shakespeare film adaptations, Sup Forums?

Pic most definitely related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7X9C55TkUP8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Macbeth - 1971 version
Roman Polanski kino

This

By far the best

Macbeth with Patrick Stewart where it all takes place in one big apartment building or something. With the super duper cheekbones girl
I can't remember if it was a movie or a BBC tv-movie thing.

btw the recent version of Hamlet with Fassbender is absolute trash.

Titus Andronicus was bretty gud

>the recent version of Hamlet with Fassbender is absolute trash.
You mean Macbeth?

>err *Macbeth with Fassbender whoops

HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH!

Ran>Polanski Macbeth>Throne of Blood>Kurzel Macbeth>The Bad Sleep Well>Coriolanus>Brando Julius Caesar> McKellen Richard III> everything else

Olivier, Taymor and Branagh adaptatiions are all trash.

perfection.

were they fucking high when they directed this film? i mean alan cummings is always high but what about the director

the macbeth patrick stewart one that has the 3 witches are nurses? was pretty good, i think it was like a balkan setting? but the 3 witches were shit because whenever they were on screen it turned into a fucking marilyn manson music video

If you ask me Shakespeare is overrated.

If you ask me, you're retarded

someone whose work is still regularly talked about 400 years later and you think your opinion is worth listening to?

Shakespeare is like The Beatles. Personally don't care for it but can appreciate the significance.

chimes at midnight/falstaff is fucking godly. Better than citizen kane imo.

Should probably get this one out of the way.

400 years of what else, exactly?

as much as I like the bad sleep well I always found it a bit of a stretch to say it was an adaptation. I mean it clearly has Hamlet elements in there but I wouldn't say that it could be advertised as an adaptation of Hamlet or recommended as such. I think the film uses it maybe as a starting point or foundation but then builds mostly its own thing.

The 1953 Julius Caesar with Brando as Mark Anthony is highly underrated.

Check out his funeral speech: youtube.com/watch?v=7X9C55TkUP8

Kino.