Movies which there is no escape even when you're dead because there is an afterlife where you're tortured

movies which there is no escape even when you're dead because there is an afterlife where you're tortured

in which there is*

event horrizon

event horizont
>is fucking 20 years old

this movie was in fact, terribly shit

The cenobites are not demons and have nothing to do with the afterlife. One thing I really loved about this was that the original had a real demon in the homeless man observing the aliens play pretend at what he really is.

they're NOT demons?????

they're lovecraftian aliens.

No. They're just their jobs.

They are puppets for the leviathan and it exists on a separate plain of hell. At least that's what some of the comics said.

far out man. and checked.

what does that have to do with anything?

Man, Hellraiser may be considered the best but the second one had some really crazy shit.

which one of the films was this?

isn't the leviathan supposed to be a fallen angel which has become the god of flesh and desire?

drag me to hell.

woman is cursed to be 'dragged to hell'
there's a point where she can pass the curse onto someone else.
she doesn't and goes to hell

I have to wonder in scenarios like this wouldn't the person go to hell anyway because pushing someone else under the bus would be a shitty thing to do.

The first one. At the end the homeless man turns into a flying demon and steals the puzzle box.

yeah, it's a common trick in devil's bargins.

Devil in Miss Jones (1973)

You can always ask good ol'JC for forgiveness. Or say 50 hail marys and repent.

>scared shitless by demons
>try to fight, futile effort, killed
>afterlife exists
>the same demons are now your personal torturers
>knowing not only is there no after-afterlife but there's no oblivion
>you will be like this forever

In the original they're just sex weirdos from the pain dimension/future. Barker based them on perverts he saw in various gay BDSM clubs and the entire point was that they're just people who really like pain and aren't really evil. The "Demons to some, angels to others line" is the core of the first film.

Then the sequels came (particularly starting from the third) and ruined it.

To sane people extreme BDSM lifestyles appear demonic.

Not really the same thing but Angel Heart ends with both the protagonist's and some innocent guy's souls being damned to hell forever

Literally the most downer ending possible

> not realizing you'll enjoy it after 40 years and become yourself a demon

And what was the Leviathan thing?

That's the big diamond shaped structure from the second movie. It's basically their master and in fact supernatural, but it's not Satan. Satan became their master in 3.

What's with the Hellraiser threads? Keep it up, though. Kino movie.

What I've never understood about sacrifice-to-satan narratives is how the devil takes possession of an unwilling victim's soul. it's not anyone else's to sell. just tying someone up and sticking a knife in them doesn't give you ownership.

Whatever happened to that Hellraiser remake?

Also he rapes his own daughter.

They're sacrificing their life, not their soul. All souls go to hell anyway, so it's not like it matters.

Been awhile since I've seen Hellraiser but don't multiple people escape the cenobites throughout the course of that franchise? (Namely the protagonists?)

yes but their usually the villains, like frank or judith.

He is the shield anvil and his work is not yet done.

Berserk

>everyone who dies in berserk goes to hell
What a retarded universe.

This isn't exactly true. All apostles go to a hellish void, and all sacrifices go to the same void supposedly, but regular people don't necessarily go there. The witch that taught Shierke for instance just goes higher up in the astral plane, and Griffith seems like he's able to communicate with spirits of the dead from higher astral planes (unless it's just illusion?).

>all sacrifices go to the same void
But that isn't fair.

the shadowman games had a similar lore, everyone went to deadside, not hell really but a dark/shadowy place. It had a voodoo influence.

I remember liking it in a morbid way.

It's what happens when their capital G God is literally evil.

That's what happen when you are branded as a sacrifice. Also the Ideal of Evil stuff that got introduce but went nowhere in the story.