T-this can't be happening

T-this can't be happening
deadline.com/2017/10/happy-death-day-blade-runner-2049-weekend-box-office-the-foreigner-jackie-chan-1202187771/

Other urls found in this thread:

ozap.com/actu/box-office-le-sens-de-la-fete-plus-fort-que-blade-runner-2049/539132
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do burgers have such shit taste?

65%

Redditors btfo. Just stick to rick and morty if you want to feel smart.

>horror movie beats everything else in october
?????????????

God I hate Americans

Probably because it's a horror movie released around Halloween and had tons of marketing as opposed to blade runner. People I know didn't even know what BR is

and dropping by day

56*

halloween isn't big in america anymore your walmart probably started replacing the store shelves with christmas already

>catched

Lobdell's a pretty cool guy so it bothers me less than it should.

Happening in France too:
ozap.com/actu/box-office-le-sens-de-la-fete-plus-fort-que-blade-runner-2049/539132

A shitty french/jewish comedy dethrones blade runner

This was the first time I saw a trailer for a film in the theatre. And you could collectively see everyone rolling there eyes or laughing at how bad it was. So of course its a hit here.

>reddit missed the 800 threads of pretentious cock monglers self flagellating themselves over this movie
>resorts to non sequitur buzzword in an atrempt to shut me down for daring to talk against his reddit movie.

I don't understand. Are you suggesting there might be some correlation to a horror movie opening around Halloween and doing well?

WB Exec here, please respond, I need to know before my meeting.

Just because it's Halloween people go watch a shit modern horror flick? Could save some bucks watching a decent one home.

HAHAHAHAHA
You can't fucking script how stupid murica is

it's basically the rick and morty of movies

>acting like a pretentious redditor by calling others that
>projection is non sequitur
Ok

They already did that when they stayed at home and watched decent scifi instead of BR.

This shit has been marketed since june, largely by normies sharing it and tagging eachother in it repeatedly. You can't expect a sci-fi movie with little marketing to beat that

>Tripfag
>Is also a redditor
Hmmm

>complains about buzzwords
>everyone is reddit but me
Whatever you say, faggot. Now go back to Harvest General, Sned thread or something to brag about this board superior taste in films.

It's October, people want to see horror movies.

Anyone watching Happy Death Day is too young to post here and likely illiterate anyway.

Has Instagram surpassed our social media might? Is this an Instagram movie? What say you, Reddit? How do yo like my spacing?

List them. Go on. I fucking dare you.

The first Blade Runner.

Interstellar and Inception

Normies go on dates on friday nights, they don't sit at home watching their epik cult classics. And women don't want to watch Blade Runner no matter how much virgin neckbeards claim it's the greatest thing ever made.

Not surprising really. Horror in October released on Friday the 13th. Normies eat that shit up.

this scotty the comic book dood?

Hi "normie" here,
Wtf is blade runner and why should I care about it more than a fun campy horror movie to get me in the mood for Halloween? It's pretty clear the choice. Ryan Reynolds is shit anyways.

>Inception

I walked out of this movie yesterday.

It wasn't because it was bad. I actually enjoyed it because I could see the threads of cinematic inspiration that went into it's creation.

A lot of people said it was basically a rip-off of Groundhog Day but I think those people are unfamiliar with the magnum opus of Tappei Nagatsuki, "Ri:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu."

I don't want to ruin the plot, but the protagonist dies repeatedly until he can solve whatever level he is on.

In this respect, Happy Death Day is unlike Le Mythe de Sisyphe by Camus. We share in her journey and struggle and push the boulder up the hill until we collapse under its weight and are forced to try again. Unlike his Sisyphus, it is possible to break through and push the boulder over the mountain.

Happy Death Day makes a strong argument against the philosophies of nihilism and absurdism all the while taking place in a world devoid of any real meaning. The MC is lives hedonically; sex, drinking and shallow relationships make up her life. And yet, she struggles repeatedly just to carry on living, And she succeeds.

This really was the feel good movie of the fall.

I'm just upset it was PG-13 and not R because a bunch of lil' niggas were behind me screaming and throwing popcorn.

In fact, the whole audience was full of tweens. I almost wish I had seen MLP:FIM the Movie in the empty screening room next to mine.

I got a refund at least and will be pre-ordering the Blu-Ray so I can experience its depth fully in the comfort of my home.

Based Jewish actress cucks Blade Runner at the box office

>being this much of a beta and not confronting and dominating these blacked.com

she looks like kimmy granger

Are you fucking serious?

I'm not going to be on the nightly news just because some blacks threw popcorn in the air.

I'm an adult and they're kids.

I just happily got my cash back.

And a free membership to AMC to boot.

Free refills on every large popcorn and soda for a year.

Only $14.99 was wasted that night because I didn't remember to bring to Large Coke and Popcorn with me. :(

The price of Kino I guess.

they lack the brainpower to appreciate kino

nuke america already

Wait, Scott Lobdell as in the same Scott Lobdell that writers comics for DC Comics and can't write a good comic even if he life depends on it? That doesn't even know the basics of writing? That Lobdell?

>Groundhog day
>Groundhog day with ayylmaos
>Groundhog day with murder

What's next?

Lobdell is a horrible writer and being le anti-SJW doesn't change that

I mean, how bad you must be when you can't even write comic books right?

we've failed them bros
they did it for us

Holy fuck, Scott Lodbell is a director too?

Red Hood is a top 3 book of Rebirth and Age of Apocalypse is only the best comic book event ever

>reddit spacing

As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.

it hurts...

They're both awful and say a lot about comic readers.

He's the writer
That site said "Scott Lobdell's" because it's a comic book site

Groundhog day with ayylmaos was Kino though.

But new Red Hood is comfy

He wrote it, didn't direct.

this
fucking wow stop the presses
anyways im happy it flopped, wont be room for some unnecessary studio forced meme sequel

Bullshit. Halloween is huge in America. Trick r Treating is dying due to pussification but the decorations, haunted houses, and horror movie watching is a big thing all month long.

2BeeFaire my Black coWorker loved Blade runner (he's the only black Person I know)
It's probably more of a Normie problem than black problem

Never change Sup Forums, I caught a fish today by pressing enter.

To be fair, it does take a rather high IQ to notice when reddit spacing

is used

unironically.

considering yesterday every fucking piece of shit 'channel' on this streaming website i peruse was playing Friday the Fucking 13th movies

All 8 of them
Literally 5 channels of them were all playing around the same movie at the same time, +/- 1 their sequels, i.e. one is playing the 2nd, the other the 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th, etc.

I hate horror plebs.

This is why we need another world war or plague.

Never change Sup Forums, I caught a fish today by pressing enter.

You used to provide good analysis of Kino.

Now all you are is a Lovecraftian dreamscape.

To be fair, it does take a rather high IQ to notice when reddit spacing.

is used

unironically.

So. Farewell then Sup Forums

E. J. Thribb (17½)

what?

Jesus why is this movie tanking? Was it really that bad?

Lol, cry harder Sup Forums

It's actually great

Could this pave the way to a When They Cry live action adaptation?

People are fucking morons and don't want to think while watching a movie.
Same reason why vidya is shit now, normie fuckes would rather do something that they can turn their brain off for.

this.

if it didn't flop we would get a Blade Runner Continuity Universe

It's amazing.
But I suppose it's a tough sell for the general audiences and they need that money to break even
Very slow pace and lingering shots like the original
Almost no action scenes
High concept sci-fi
no quips, no jokes

>americans

>implying Blade Runner makes you think

If you think BR2049 is a movie that requires "thinking," then you're just as bad as Rick & Morty fans who think they're intellectuals.

Even normies don't want to be associated with the redd it crowd, so they avoid it like the plague.

>it's a europeans desperately try to assert their culture by worshiping a shit movie over a shittier movie released at a better time
We did we save you from becoming Africa again? So you could be Arabia?

I really liked it but most people aren't into sci fi unless its shit like star wars which is more fantasy anyway.

Blade Runner will make its money back just very...slowly

There something wrong is the USA

>t. had an african president

bill evans

>actually replying to a brainlet that admit he plays video games as an adult

Amerifatskis truly are shit eating subhumans.
Glad at least Europe and Asia will save Blade Runner.

Oh please.
Admit it you love it.
Now you and and this board can circel jerk over how much better and smarter you are compared to the avarage person.

>A movie with a lot of symbolism
>Neh breh you can like just watch teh movie XD
>Implying capeshit and the usual hollywood drivel is the same as Blade Runner
You both are completely retarded.

>Now you and and this board can circel jerk over how much better and smarter you are compared to the avarage person.
A bit hard when all the plebs here listing BR2049 as their top film of 2017 also have other garbage like Guardians2/JW2/Baby Driver on their lists

Blade Runner's my favorite and I didn't like those movies.

This makes me happy.

>magnum opus of Tappei Nagatsuki, "Ri:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu."
This was fucking garbage. Natsu or whatever his name was, is the worst written MC of any anime I've watched

>Make a movie that appeals to multiple young, diverse, demographics
>It succeeds
>Make a movie that appeals only to irrelevant old white dudes
>It bombs

HMMMMM...

>Americans
>Saving anyone

They were the goodest goys to ever goy

I hate normies so much

Why do they have to ruin everything

*inhales*

>Watching sci fi movies as an adult

Only strong low IQ individuals would survive that, high IQ people are flabby and weak, they wouldn't last five minutes.

who are you to decide whats good or not. HDD is getting decent reviews.

Because it's a country full of niggers and people who voted for Hillary Clinton

It's good if you're a cuckold redditor.

>decent reviews

So did star wars and every capeshit flick in existence. Seriously fuck off if you think this isn't a problem.

I don't think its a problem. What are you gonna do about it~