The Leftovers

Just finished this tv kino and now I'm sad that I have nothing else to watch. Anyone wanna recommend me something?

Also was Nora lying about traveling to the departure dimension and if so why did she avoid Kevin for so many years even though she loved him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xscxEfujcsI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

Mad Men and True Detective S1 are in my top 3 shows along with The Leftovers so check those out if you haven't already

Theres nothing else. Everytime someone finishes Leftovers, they ask the same question.

Just rewatch True Detective or The Wire, or if youre a faggot Sopranos.

>Also was Nora lying about traveling to the departure dimension and if so why did she avoid Kevin for so many years even though she loved him?

Thats 100% entirely about how you personally view it. If you are a brainlet and think that it was all religious nonsense, then she lied.

If you knew from the start that it wasnt religious, then maybe it is possible that it was all scientific and not supernatural.

As to "why". Nora didnt allow herself to be happy. Especially after the black baby was taken from her. She wanted to be miserable.

true spoiler I don't think she was lying. plus matt was there and saw her leave, now she's back. granted she could have "pulled a kevin" and lost her mind too, but I don't think that's the case. but the reasoning for not telling him could be that she did think she lost her mind, and facing kevin would have been too difficult because kevin knows all about losing your mind.

I think they made the last scene too low budget and was poorly written. some flashback scenes of the other side would have really added to the legitimacy of it, along with more specifics around dates, like "I was gone 12 years" but I guess they couldn't be arsed to do that. plus they probably wanted it to be a point of contention so fans would continue to talk about it, like we are now.

rewatch lost, the best tv show of all time

>Mad Men and True Detective S1
I'll give True Detective a shot, thanks

>Thats 100% entirely about how you personally view it. If you are a brainlet and think that it was all religious nonsense, then she lied.
I'm okay with letting the mystery be to be honest and I think the ambiguity makes the ending that much better. The only thing that bothered me at the end of the show was that I didn't really understand the significance of Kevin's spirit world hotel saga. I guess I'm supposed to form my own opinion but I'm not sure yet.

But the afterlife karaoke scene was the most kino moment I've ever witnessed desu

true detective s2 is shit btw, just stick to 1

>some flashback scenes of the other side would have really added to the legitimacy of it
Yeah it feels like the purposely left out any flashback scenes to call Nora's credibility into question.

You pushed a little girl into a well, mate

The Leftovers is great, but it's not as good as many say. That being said, some episodes were the best produced by any show.

The best episode of The Leftovers, International Assassin, is a complete ripoff of The Sopranos.
>Dream sequence
>Hotel in the afterlife
>Mistaken identity
>Gun in the bathroom thing from The Godfather
The writers are fucking hacks.

I don't think she ever left. When she supposedly was about to sent over, she starts to scream. It's cut short, but I believe that was the motions she was making. Kevin didn't really look like he bought it either, but he didn't care if it was true. He just wanted to be with Nora.
Back in the day, you could scroll through the first page without a LOST thread. It's the only show to bomb its ending to such a degree that people more or less universally stopped talking about it.

i believe she left and found them

also imagine being in that 2% world

It wouldn't fit Nora's character. The whole point of her self punishment is because she doesn't want to allow herself to be happy knowing that her family is flat out gone. She takes it to mean that she's forgetting them or moving on. If she went to the other side and saw that her family was happy and content, then why would she put herself in a self-proposed exile after 'returning'? To save herself the embarrassment of running out on Kevin and Matt? It's ridiculous. Nora telling that story is more or less her way of saying that she's willing to move forward and leave the past lay by telling herself what she wants to believe. The Nun even brings this up in the finale, user. That being said, I do believe Kevin visited the afterlife.

Trailer looked like it had fags in it. No thanks.

Who are you talking about? I can't recall a single gay character in the show.
youtube.com/watch?v=xscxEfujcsI

My stretchy-as-fuck interpretation is that the moment of departure was a catastrophic, near-instantaneous, worldwide nuclear disaster (alluded to by the sub scene in S3). 98% of the world's population died in an instant. The "Leftovers" were actually those who departed all along, since they were the ones that survived. The series examines life after death, dealing with both the loss of one's own life and those who we left behind.

It marginally explains all the freaky shit that happens, since this afterlife isn't governed by the laws of reality, just by the imaginations of those who think they're still alive. Some people are starting to realize the truth (GR, those embracing supernatural aspects of life), while others cling desperately to ignorance and refuse to let go of everything they love.

By that token, Nora's story is made up. It's very close to the truth, though, since Nora is very close to letting go (if she hasn't already).

This was the most disappointing series finale since Lost. That being said, I loved the scene where Kevin and Nora are at the wedding and slow dance together. They were so happy to have each other back but didn't want to admit it.

I like your interpretation, but it would make Lindelof a one trick pony.

Take a formula and improve on it, no harm in that.