He did nothing wrong. In fact, the replicants would be much better off if they just let him complete his plan

He did nothing wrong. In fact, the replicants would be much better off if they just let him complete his plan.

He was fucking everything up for the humans. If the replicants found out how reproduce independantly they would rebel just like it started to happen in the end of the movie.
Look at the haitian revolution to see thw aftermath of a succesful slave rebellion.

Skinjobs are smarter than niggers though.

whoa there buddy. Replicants are superhumans
haitans on the other hand are former royalty, among other things
But yes, given the reproduction possibility, replicants would be probably much more prone to rebellion
Do we even know how their conditioning works

What is his plan though? Give replicants the ability to reproduce for their own sake, or so there can be more slaves for humans?

crushing this workforce deficiency. With no survivors

He would only apply the reproduction knowledge to his nexus 9s or whatever they're called. Those can't really disobey. If the resistance keeps the child, they can use it as a symbol of their right to be acknowledged as human.

He said there was a demand for more replicants than he could ever create. So he wanted to figure out if he could use the child to figure out a fast track to the creation of new replicants.

Also it was very personal for him. Tyrel figured out replicant reproduction. Wallace fancied himself a god, so he couldn't stand being worse

The goose was pretty brutal when started killing though.
That part where he broke that guy's back bane style was savage.

But what is exactly the resistance's plan? Okay, so two replicants had a child, great, but most of them will still never be able to reproduce.

They will end up fading away in some decades. And, unless they murder the entire human race, as soon as the remaining replicants become too few to be a threat to humans, they will be hunted once again.

I got sone serious elon musk vibes from the guy.
Was it done on purpose?

Why did he need the child anyway? He had the mother's skeleton and the father alive in his possession.

Couldn't he just analyse their DNA and figure out how did they manage to reproduce?

It's not clear what they're plan is other than they're gathering strength and holding on to the child for later use.
If they lose the child and the Nexus 9s can mass produce themselves faster than they can gain nexus 9 followers / find nexus 8s then they're screwed.

He's a representation of Samael, the demiurge of the immediate inevitable human dystopia.
The point of the demiurge is that he believes he is the god of all creation but there is a world beyond his comprehension to which mortals should aspire.

For the story purpose, kek
If Deckard was just normal human, then he would give him no clues
But reasonably he should be able to extract DNA from the bones, we do this already irl

>He was fucking everything up for the humans
Yes, because he sees them as inferior. His breeding replicants would be a race of inherently tough, strong, loyal, obedient and hardworking people who are loyal first and foremost to him. He wants to be the god-emperor of the final form of the human race (reproducing replicants) who will colonize the galaxy in ways that humans are much too weak and lazy to do.

The child is a MacGuffin, don't ask those questions.

I guess so. It's hinted that he saved the world from starvation (in trailers) with his technology

Isn't it pretty much stated in the movie and the three interquel shorts?

That sounds very selfish of him desu.

Don't ask me for the quotes, but i believe so

He needs Rachael's complete DNA, and you cant get that from her 30-year-old bones / hair; it is badly degraded.

The fact that Wallace didn't try to get Deckard's DNA pretty much confirms that this movie doesn't consider him to be a replicant, even though officially it tries to be ambiguous about it.

how gnostic do you take 2049 to be?

Wallace is the god, BLIND god no less, of the material world, coldly treating life as a means to an end

While Ana Stelline adam and eve creates all the internal memories of the replicants, that inevitably lead back to her, free in her creative process

it's already ironic that wallace seeks the same person that works with him without him knowing it, but it seems even more ironic that he desires her in order to study her physicality to reach his aims when her power lies completely in her imagination

all while she's a woman who maintains her 'freedom' by being completely closed off from a literally toxic world

That and she rejected his offer of buying her out.

>you cant get that from her 30-year-old bones / hair; it is badly degraded

Is this why she had the wrong eye color?

>The fact that Wallace didn't try to get Deckard's DNA

They could easily have taken a blood sample off-camera.

Jews are the wealthiest and most privledged segment of american society.
its a shit movie. They do a lot of good work in the first half only to throw it away.

>Sup Forums has a shitty opinion
Wew

>They could easily have taken a blood sample off-camera.
we cant really talk about things that happened off camera and were not implied to have happened in any way

I just put the jews part in to get (You). However, the multicult is cancer that is soon to destroy the US.

The second half of the movie is trash. Who cares what happens. I care about K and his relationship with his holofu as the movie was building up until that point. Its like they have no idea how to make movies.

She didn't have the wrong eye color, it was Deckards way of saying "fuck you" to Leto

he's objectively correct tho. About the amercian jews that is

Well I didn't care much about his relationship with his holofu.
I thought she was a way to show how lonely K's life was nothing more or less.

Didn't say he was.
The whole weinstein scandal shows again that wealthy jews can only get fucked by their peers.

>The second half of the movie is trash
>I care about K and his relationship to his holofu

and you demand that everyone takes your thoughts seriously?

But who cares if humanity lives or dies if a relationship betweeen a fake man and his fake wife means nothing? They missed the whole point of existence.
If that doesnt matter than replicants really are nothing. Just machines.

Yes. I am not alone either.

the past few years many powerful figures in media have had allegations of sexual misconduct, yet this guy is a jew and its all anyone here cares about

Nixon himself said that the president can't break the law, and he was right. People in power generally have always gotten away with doing what they want up to a point

i don't see what anyone accomplishes by cheering or ignoring any one of these particular individuals. it's all the same to me

it only takes one generic da joos post to get (you)s. back in my day we had to be more clever

his holofu gets literally stamped out of existence and you think you're entitled to bitch and moan, because the movie literally took away your dopamine interest in the movie

fucking hell man. might as well say that 2049 is already here

I noticed something he said to Deckard that seems to parallel with K when talking about pain
>The pain reminds you that the joy you felt was real
>The pain K felt seeing the big soulless Joi reminded him what he felt with his Joi was real

i thought the same thing when wallace said that but i also thought that the joy/joi parallel was too on the nose

First its the jews then its the mud bloods. Da jews is their first line of defense so of course they rise to it.

Why should I care about humans or replicants? Is it because they have real feelings and emotions and relationships? Oh dont mind about that. lets just jump straight to the apocalypse without dealing with why anyone should care.Its transformers level plot.

We never said he was doing it for good reasons, just ones that are mutually beneficial.

Your logic about how you invest how you care through character would make sense if K, the main fucking character of the movie, disappeared with Joi

He doesn't

I don't even see how the resistance plan and his plan differ too much. Sure, he would try to enslave them in the end, but the initial goal is the same.

Look at the percentage of jews in american population
look at the percentage of millionaires that are jewish
look for jewish surnames in media, business, academia and law
privilege doesn't need to be unearned
jews are the most privileged group of people in amercia

I stopped caring when the plot switched to being about the end of the world instead of being about someone who questions if they are real. Americans need to get higher IQs.

Nepotism is a hell of a drug.

>I stopped caring when the plot switched to being about the end of the world instead of being about someone who questions if they are real

how fucking dense are you?

from the very beginning K's whole quest was driven by his sense of identity and the reality of therein

the whole movie is driven by him chasing the meaning of his memory and the identity it gives him, the 'end of the world' is all a backdrop for this

how the fuck are you so high on your own supply that you ignore all of this and then talk about IQ?

It didn't become that?
It made you think it was going to with the resistance then K said fuck that and went off and did his own thing
I'm guessing you had help to the theater cause you're obviously a retard who can't properly function for himself

I hineslty dont care if the worlds lives or dies. I care about the people in it. When the holofu dies the movie should have been about that. That would be what would happen if he were a man. He isnt though. So who cares. He isnt real.

we're talking about sexual misconduct in relation to public figures in recent time.

your talk of jews is irrelevant, and shows that this isn't really about seeing how powerful men abuse their power but just about finding ways to blame jews for anything and everything

is it possible for things to be traced to a singular group of people? sure. but not every conversation on anything at all that happens in culture can be boiled down to the jew, the dirty virus that corrupts the whole of humanity. gosh, if we could only get rid of them then the world would exist in harmony

have they gassed harvey yet?

Him saving Deckard is pushed forward by her dying when he sees the giant hologram of her
Holy shit you are stupid, stop talking

Is slightly on the nose but it still works I think

I think the best thing about his character is that he pretty much comes out of the whole movie unscathed.

>we're talking about sexual misconduct in relation to public figures in recent time.

i wasn't the user who brought that up
we're talking about sexual misconduct in relation to public figures in recent time.

hell no, as a human race we'd still kill each other in en masse, but the West would be a much better place for white heterosexual men (that is: me) than it is now

No seriosly. The movie focusses on all the wrong things. The hollywood commitee that decided on the plot really spoke to you though.

This. We're not just talking about tens of thousands of replicants, but potential millions and billions. Wallace needed a work force that would be able to self replicate and expand throughout the galaxy, constantly sending resources to earth and ensuring humans would never need to leave the solar system and immediate stars. His vision was one of complete galactic control and colonization for a core of human elite, not the propagation of replicants for their own sake.

They are all older models gone rogue and Wallace probably thinks of them as liabilities, considering that he purchased the Tyrell corporation who made them. They are already all marked for death by society - Wallace included - because they've run from their owners. They just want freedom from being hunted; getting new replicants who can breed doesn't help their cause unless they can make those replicants rebel with them. And that seems doubtful if the new reproducing-replicants are as obedient and loyal as the Nexus 9's.

Hinted, or it was mentioned explicitly in the text in the opening

it was literally Ridley and the original writer and another guy, no one else

Why so much talk about a 7/10 movie?

Wallace is patriarchal control of women. He represents the Tyrannical Father.
Water is associated with creation, femininity, chaos.

Wallace's office is on a flat plane of water, he has control over it.
Almost every woman in the film is controlled by Wallace, directly or indirectly, and his goal is to extend his grasp to full control of reproduction.

Wallace's control is suffocating order, which makes the world dead.

Deckard represents the Wise King, he is also a patriarch, but he protects women instead of exploiting them. K must rescue his "father", and breathe life into the old traditions of the society.

You might think this is an SJW understanding of the movie, but look closer:

The main woman in the movie trying to become independent of Wallace's patriarchy is Joi. She desires to satisfy and love K, she wants to be a traditional wife.
The main woman who is under the control of Wallace is Luv. She is a professional careerist woman, she is untraditional. She is resentful and cruel.
Wallace kills a newborn replicant, similar to an abortion.

blah blah blah
do you read this far into everything in your life?

you don't care about the people in it

we're given one person's perspective which is largely dominant throughout the whole movie

you only care about the precious 'holofu'
the fact that you even refer to the character like that already shows, by itself, how full of shit you are in trying to rationalize all this bullshit about the movie when all you care about what the gratifying pretty obedient woman onscreen

>That would be what would happen if he were a man.
he is a man. the world takes everything from him and he does everything he can with the little influence he can to save the one real thing in his world of pure artificiality
THAT is what makes him real

U mad brainlet?

>I care about K and his relationship with his holofu
This was all about Goose and his character arc, his holofu wasn't sentinent at all. They had no "relationship"

not so fast

Luv seeks the validation and attention of Wallace in just the same way Joi tries to please K, throughout the movie Luv makes reference to her relationship to Wallace, specifically when she kills Joshi she talks as a little girl would "i'm going to tell daddy/authority figure that you did this" she takes that exact tone of voice

The purest person in the whole movie, the one person who has the most creative power is Ana, and she is completely enclosed from the world. Since we know what Wallace wants her for, is this implying that femininity itself has to be enclosed like this so that i can be free?

We see that Deckard has a stockpiled collection of art and then K watches a hologram of frank sinatra enclosed in glass, a simulation of past art, past creativity kept 'living' in this enclosed form. Ana, being the creative force of the world enclosed in glass is obviously tied to this, which also fits in how wallace sees her, as the 'key' to unlock his mass goal

at the end of the movie we don't see deckard let her out, we don't see any communication going on, all we see is deckard seeking contact THROUGH THE GLASS with his daughter, who doesn't recognize him at all "to love someone sometimes you gotta be a stranger"

nothing in the movie exists simply in static references to 'traditional' or 'untraditional'

remember that joi MIMICKED a 'traditional' housewife, but it was just that, a simulation meant to get a rise out of K, which it doesn't