How did K end up with Stelline's memory?

How did K end up with Stelline's memory?

She designs memories to be used in replicants.

Did she know that Ks memory of the putting the horse in the furnace was actually hers? Does she know that she's the spawn of replicants?

yes and no.

She said using real memories is illegal.
Why did she give Wallace Corporation an entire and authentic sequence from her own personal experiences?

Bad writing

A better question is how did she have that memory at all if she had no immune system and had to live in a bubble in the first place

The immune system thing was just a ruse.
She was put in the bubble after they realized the orphanage wouldn't be a long term solution to housing her.
This way no one asks questions or anything.
It makes the robots memories feel more authentic, it was a defining moment for her.

Besides, speaking from personal experience, when writing things, it's hard to NOT put something from your own experience in your work, it makes it more personal and important for you.

exactly
the seed of rebellion against total obedience is already ingrained in the replicants

>Why did she give Wallace Corporation an entire and authentic sequence from her own personal experiences?

It is not stated that she did or did not. She only stated that she subcontracts for Wallace, despite his offers to buy her company.

She obviously made the hide-toy-horse-get-ass-kicked memory but it is not stated who requested it or why. Nor is it stated how exactly K ended up with it.

It is pure speculation, but perhaps the underground has agents in the replicant production facility who could surreptitiously plant the memory in certain individuals.

it wasn't real it was a FAKE memory you idiots she was LYING

I still think it would be hilarious if the immune system thing wasn't a ruse. All this to get a replicant to reproduce and it turns out they make defective children? That would be too good!

Why are people this fucking autistic? It's pretty simple you do not need to make it complicated
>every artist puts a piece of them in their work
She did it because it was a fond powerful memory and decides to share it even though she shouldn't because it's illegal.
She's very kind and has no idea that she's the child of a replicant. The only person who knows who she is Freyza and K.

He didn't. She ended up with his memories.

This will be the reveal twist of Blade Runner 2079

>"There's a little bit of every artist in their work"

Reminds me of Sebastian in the original
>"There's some of me in you"
This movie is fucking kino

YES THEY REPEAT THIS IN FLASHBACKS SO YOU GET IT
THERE IS NO GRAND CONSPIRACY FFS. SHE WAS AN ARTIST. SHE PUT A PIECE OF HER IN HER WORK

she is in the isocube already, what else would they do?

>and decides to share it even though she shouldn't because it's illegal.
It is not illegal to create and share memories. It was only stated that implanting memories of actual humans into replicants is illegal.
As it is, it cannot be known why Stelline created the memory file, who she gave it to, or how it K got it.

Don't focus too hard on Stelline. She is just a macguffin to drive the plot. She's not a real character.

When did memories start getting manufactured? In BR (1) Rachel's memories weren't just made, they were replicated from brain cells from Tyrell's niece. So:
>nexus 6: no memories
>nexus 7: memory implants through cell replication
>nexus 8: memory implants through manufacture

Now, K asks her if real memories can be duplicated and implanted, and she says yes. Now, I doubt Ana got her brain cells replicated, so that must be either she willingly manufactured a copy of her memories, or by some other means someone got a memoire of her memories and replicated and implanted them onto new replicants...

Neither seem to make much sense.

then why was the horse actually there?

>As it is, it cannot be known why Stelline created the memory file
THE MOVIE FUCKING EXPLAINS IT IN A FLASHBACK SO YOU WOULD GET IT!! THERE IS NO GRAND CONSPIRACY OR SOMEONE IMPLANTING MEMORIES.

SHE DOES NOT KNOW THAT SHES IMPORTANT, THAT SHES BEING SEARCHED FOR OR THAT THIS MEMORY CAN BE USED TO TRACK HER DOWN.

SHE PUTS A REAL MEMORY BECAUSE ITS A POWERFUL ONE AND SHE THINKS ITS HARMLESS

OMG YOU FUCKING PEOPLE

THERES A FUCKING FLASHBACK!!!

My theory is that she made up that memory from her own, but not a 1:1 transfer, more like she remembers the orphanage, she hid the wooden horse there but maybe she made up the story about being pursued by the orphans, getting beaten up and shit.

This memory is sent to Wallace Corp. Ro be put in most of their blade runner replicant, maybe all of them. Because the LAPD wanted replicants with a strong sense of justice.

That way, no matter the blade runner replicant that would stumble across Sapper would start the chain of events that K did. Which makes him extra unspecial.

I dunno

I know nigger, I'm explaining to OP who obviously doesn't get it

calm down
people will ignore the truth of your statement for the gratification of putting you down

Are you really this retarded? By implanting potential blade runner replicants with this false memory trail he would end up either believing he was the child, break baseline, then be killed OR run away to join the cause. We don't even know how many blade runners have previously fallen for this scheme and been killed or joined the resistance before K. It's like a fishing scheme but with the bonus of potentially locating and killing Deckard, closing an open end.

OK, so explain it to me please.

why did Stelline create a copy of her horse memory? I only saw the movie once and must have missed it.

it was not a real memory

>yfw all the shit you fed Sup Forums last week is still being regurgitated today.

user what do you mean, I already shouted it. Even the movie tells you

She is not aware that she's special and the she might be searched for. In her eyes what she did was harmless and only helped replicants deal with the cruel reality.

>it was not a real memory

Wait, then where did the horse come from? It was dated, and Dr. Ebola mentioned its age and radiation signature which led him directly to Deckard.

Just watched it for the third time and still saw something new:

>at the orphanage all the girls have their hair while all the boys have shaven heads
>in the memory the little kid had hair while all the boys had shaved heads

It was a metaphorical Trojan horse, a prank

that doesn't explain why, though. She could have just as easily given them happy memories instead of brutal memories.

Also, why would she risk doing anything illegal?

I get that she said that, but a memory that specific with the real horse exactly where the memory said it would be seems more than just a harmless whatever memory.

Anyone else not like the way they handled the construction of memories in this?
The memories she's able to build should require more than one person in a room with a bunch of camera scales.

Yes it was you god damn retard.

ignore that guy, poisoning the well

neat

>that doesn't explain why, though.
BUT IT DOES EXPLAIN WHY. She's an artist. She draws from real memories to create her "art", she just shared this one and didn't see any harm.

>Also, why would she risk doing anything illegal?
Because she did not see any harm in it. She was helping replicants in her eyes. It would probably be hard to tell or prove if she thought she could get away with it.The reason the movie mentions it's illegal is to stop any further conversation between K and her.

She can't say it's hers and she made it because she's afraid that she might be in trouble with the law, he's a police officer he flashed the badge in this scene. Yet she cries because she feels bad because K is breaking down and it's because he's obsessed with that memory.

>that specific with the real horse exactly where the memory said it would be seems more than just a harmless whatever memory.
How would she know that a toy she hid 30 years ago would still be there.. And what difference would it make. Again she doesn't think shes special or wanted so it makes no difference

AHHHHH

1. Resistance is in contact with Steline
2. No one is in contact with Deckard
3. Deckard knows too much and is a wild card
4. The only way to find Deckard is to analyze the wood horse's DNA
5. The Resistance would rather kill Deckard than have his knowledge of their movement be accessible
6. Steline keeps implanting her horse memory into replicants? And the horse is still at the orphanage, even though it could lead people to Deckard?
7. Deckard only wants his kid to not get killed but visits her anyways?

none of this movie makes sense

>just as easily given them happy memories
They need to have all kinds of memories so they know how to emotionally respond...

>none of this movie makes sense

Your austic headcannon doesn't make any sense, the movie keeps it very simple and keeps the explanation in one line, and it spoonfeeds you that line in flashbacks.

>Resistance is in contact with Steline
There not. She doesn't think she's a replicant.

Kino

>that doesn't explain why, though. She could have just as easily given them happy memories instead of brutal memories.
Imagine the kind of naive chumps you would get if you gave them nothing but happy memories. Think this though.

fuggg

She technically isn't a replicant and the resistance outright say they are watching over her. The fact that she lies about her parents being sent to Mars is proof enough there is collaboration between them.

it actually goes deeper than that, there's so many layers within the memory and the horse itself

notice that when K tells Joshi about the dream, she immediately comments on him being protective of what's his and teases him by suggesting that she'll take his alcohol

but the memory itself IS the precious object he's holding on to, the promise of which he thinks will give him a soul by proving that he was 'born'

even within the dream itself, we see a microcosm of what's going on in the movie, as the child herself hides the object while tricking others that she had destroyed it only to get beat up by the others who had sought to take it from her (hmmmmmm)

the dream on its own has metaphorical meaning, and combined with the extended effects it has on K and the rest of the replicants and their inevitable reaction to this memory, the insinuation is that it was always inevitable for her to not only pass on the memory but that the memory would make it so that she would get found
it plays into how Wallace simply seeks slave labor from the replicants but Ana, ironically, has given them a soul through herself

The movie is a total mess. You arnt wrong.

oh my fucking god please shut the fuck up
Her parents were never said to mars and she never lied. She was adopted. They were ready to leave. They couldn't leave because of her condition. By all logic she lived a normal live and had loving parents inside her bubble.

And "the ressitance" never kept an eye on her. The only person who knew who she was and where she was is Freyza.Even Decard didn't know.

that doesn't wash, though.

SHE is the one who mentions it's illegal. If he did, that would be one thing, but SHE brings it up. You don't mention something is illegal to a cop. They already know.

>The reason the movie mentions it's illegal is to stop any further conversation between K and her.
That is never stated or implied. They wouldn't mention it's illegal and then never bring it up again or even suggest that she'd be lying. Plus, she keeps talking after mentioning the illegality of the act.

It makes more sense that she made the memory on request from someone, completely unaware that it would be implanted in replicants and when she saw a replicant had to live with that memory she cried in sympathy for K, knowing how traumatic it was for her as well, and the needless pain that K "remembers".

Again the movie is pretty simple and explained in those flashbacks...there's no grand conspiracy where everything is interconnected but one coincidence , that K who has that memory is assigned on this case

You're very stupid.

Sup roastie

>You don't mention something is illegal to a cop. They already know.

It's called exposition and smalltalk fuckface.

>They wouldn't mention it's illegal and then never bring it up again or even suggest that she'd be lying. Plus, she keeps talking after mentioning the illegality of the act.

SHE STOP TALKING AFTER SHE SEES THAT ITS A REAL MEMORY PUT THERE BY HER. SHE CRIES AND HE GOES BERSERK

The movie sucks. The first half is great then it collpases into an american movie.

wow, you're not even close to baseline.

Does it make sense that K was created to be nothing more than a scapegoat?

>she teases him by suggesting that she'll take his alcohol
She is clumsily coming onto him. She's not threatening to take his alcohol.
>If I got drunk, what would you do to me

Are you people fucking with me or something? I'm done

So freyza lied to K ?

NO YOU FUCKING ASSFUCK WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE YOU FUCKING RETARD COCKSUCKER NIGGER CUNT IT'S NOT EVEN A HARD MOVIE TO UNDERSTAND YOU DENSE FUCKING MOTHERFUCKER

lied about what?

>I'm done

You never started, kid.

bull fucking shit

she blatantly comments that he's protective over what's his and then immediately talks about the alcohol and finishing it

yes coming on to him is part of the scene, but this parallel to him being protective and territorial, like a god boy.... is very much a part of the scene

That she didnt know who deckard's daughter is. When k realize he isnt a child.

She never said she didn't know, she says she will reveal her to the world when the time is right.
She tasks K to kill Decard because Decard could lead them to her. That, along with the fact that even Decard didn't know to me implies that she's the only one who actually knows.

All this arguing. We should get back to the more important topic of whether Joi truly loved K.

I want to see the film a second time. Should I go to IMAX this time? I just saw the standard version the first time

I think the point the film was trying to make is that it doesn't matter

I'm guessing...no..

Wouldn't it make sense that she basically has the same AI as a replicant, just not the physical body?

If so it's all programmed in her to love.

Here is the plot of the movie:

Batista accidentally fucks up and drops his mail all over the street so the LAPD sends K over to kill him. K, who just so happens to have some memories of a toy horse, discovers an elaborate chain or clues that leads him to Deckard. These memories, real or fake, were implanted into him by the messiah child of a replicant Rachel and a maybe not replicant (?) Deckard, named Stelline. Stelline is being watched over by the replicant resistance movement. This resistance group, with Deckard's help, fudged the public and private records to say that two genetically identical babies were born, an apparently obvious impossibility, and that one died of a genetic disease while the other genetically identical baby did not.

These obvious clues were planted because... why? Why would Stelline so carelessly be planting those memories into replicants whether they were real or fake? Why would they create such an obvious forgery for the LAPD birth database for someone to find? Why not just say that one kid was born and that it died? If K really thought he might be the child, why didn't he just test, then compare, his own DNA to the sequence he found on file?

The only small possible explanation was that the plan was to eventually use this elaborate setup to reunite Deckard with his kid somehow? But then, why implant the memories to introduce a needless third party since Stelline already knew where the horse was? If it was a plot, does she just randomly implant this horse memory into replicants hoping they might find and kill Batista, in order to find the inscription on the tree? Was all of that incidental, and the actual point to try to reveal to the public that Rachel, a replicant, could have children? If that was the case why not just reveal her bones outright?

The point is, the plot of the movie was stupid and unimportant because what was important were the characters and visuals.

This tbqh

he realized she didn't at the end when he saw her standing on a billboard

>implying cheeto dust put any thought into this

Yes, it's worth seeing it in IMAX.

That was the story she was fed. She didn't know the truth.

>I think the point the film was trying to make is that it doesn't matter

That ignores the theme of characters growing beyond their predestined paths. K grew, Deckard grew, Luv didn't and died for it. Why shouldn't the third most prominent character in the movie not be permitted to grow beyond her programming?

>he point is, the plot of the movie was stupid and unimportant
It wasn't stupid, it was simple and it made sense. It was well thought out, but it didn't bother you with any forced exposition or tiny details but it was obvious they did think of the tiny details.

Your autismal head-cannon doesn't make any sense though I admit

BRAVO DENIS

D
E
N
I
S

I like this

That was the truth. She was adopted. Her adoptive parents obviously had money so they could afford to go off world.They had to stay because of her. Her genetic condition also makes sense because she's not born of an actual human

I seriously wonder how some of you manage to survive daily life when you fail to understand a movie this completely. It must be a confusing and wondrous thing for you.

The plot of the movie follows no actual plot or logical story, the events that happen are just excuses for character development. This has nothing to do with headcannon but the film's priorities you idiot.

I don't think the whole memory implant was intentional.

Rachel doesn't have any idea who she is in this story.

She just uses some of her memories to make them for the replicants. After all she does say some of the artist personal experience spills into their work.

>How did K end up with Stelline's memory?
It fell in via a plot hole.

>The plot of the movie follows no actual plot or logical story,
Yes it does, you're just too autsimal to understand it.

>for character development.
Are we talking about the original or 2049?

If you had read the book, poor health is a reason why humans would get stuck on Earth as opposed to moving to the outer colonies.

Way off baseline

the whole story is driven by K following a trail of bread crumbs placed in his mind off of the complete chance encounter of being the cop who had to take Sapper Morton in

>K wipes off the tree's root to reveal the date 6.10.21
>Girl to the right of me immediately starts complaining that she has no idea what that date means

>It's finally revealed that K is not the child
>Girl says "But then why is he going around thinking he is?"
>Stelline is revealed to be the child, even though this is painfully clear from the start
>"Ohhhhhhhh it was her!"
Maybe the batman shooter had the right idea.

The only reason why the memory would stand out is because of the birthdate that match with the tree. The only way that memory would come out is if the replicant saw that date on the root of the tree or come in contact with that furnace.

thank god someone understands
what madness drives a man to think this Instead of a very simple explanation. I mean the movie spells it out for you so there's no confusion

She was so cute and comfy

Okay, tell me straight, American, woman, or both?

Rachel was so good at making memories because she probably used alot of her own even though it was "illegal"

The memory of the horse is probably in thousands of replicants

She said she had been in the bubble since she was 8. But based on how important she was to Freysa and the liberation of replicants it makes sense that the adoptive parents and immune deficiency were just stories used to conve gently put her in a safe place. How else would Freysa know about where she was?