Holy shit, they actually did this movie 1:1 like the anime. The result blows my mind. Instant classic for me

Holy shit, they actually did this movie 1:1 like the anime. The result blows my mind. Instant classic for me.

Why the fuck did I never really hear about it outside of here (not considering the fact that my internet consists mostly of Sup Forums)

Akira when?

Please, post the picture of her with the subway bags

outside of surface level and some iconic scenes, this was nothing like the anime, very disappointed
>people actually want live action akira
fucking why?
anime niggas have the shittiest taste

Akira is too artistic and pure to be tainted by Hollywood.

Maybe that's because I'm not an ''anime nigga''? I only saw the big titles as a teenager; Akira, GitS, Princess Mononoke, Ninja Scroll. I actually despise most animes out there.

so you just have shit taste, I understand

And this is why you should shut your whore mouth and stop trying to ruin actual good animes with 3dpd shit you fucking normalfag

Looks like I rustled some animu pillow humping virgins. This makes my day.

>1:1 like the anime
>mix random plots from the first movie, tv show, and Arise
>main villain is nothing like the original from the show

The shit was so badly done, even Zack Snyder fags would call it superficial.

I'm happy I outgrew this place and took the habit of seeing movies before coming here and talk about them so I can make my own opinion.

You fags are the worst purists out there. Guess only chads can enjoy things, right? Repulsive.

but the movie was legit shit

>old and busted ScarJo
>CGI body looks retarded and fat (even my dumb as a brick normie sister noticed that)
>stupid plot and autismal dialogs

>old and busted ScarJo
>CGI body looks retarded and fat (even my dumb as a brick normie sister noticed that)

How are those valid arguments? You can't even develop why you think the plot is shit without saying memey ebin things like autismal.

I was really impressed with the opening sequence being 1:1 like you said. I wouldn't mind if (((Hollywood))) adapted more anime if it turned out as good as this.

>How are those valid arguments?
whats your point? those are really valid arguments actually.
ScarJo looks like shit and the dialogs sounded retarded to me, like somebody was trying to make this shit sound 2deep4you, forced and autismal.

It was almost 1:1.
The biggest changes were:
The Villain.
Origin of Major.

The first of these is easily forgivable since they pretty much fused three characters together into one for the movie, and it paid off because the film rendition of Kuze was interesting.
The thing about the Major was a little harder to swallow, and in some strange way I think it was done as a result of the whole white-washing thing, which just adds a whole other layer to it.

Everything else was pretty much straight out of the 1995 film, and indeed the film was very well made.

If they ever make Akira with this much tact and appreciation for the source material, it should end up being very good. But I think next on the horizon is Battle Angel which I have been following since 2006, ever since it was announced Cameron was interested. But sadly Cameron isn't going to be doing it, and instead Robert Rodriguez is up to bat.

it's not 1:1, that would mean it's shit

Jesus Christ

Dumb frogposters. I'm not really into calling people Reddit, but if I had to do it only once in my lifetime, it would be now without any doubts.

>muh reddit boogeyman
whats your point retard? can't handle it that you wasted paying to see that turd of a movie?

>good animes
lol

I know I'm being trolled but have a last (you) dumb kid. Hope you grow out of memes.

This movie was absolutely great to say the least

The creator of the original anime himself said this is what he had in mind when he made the anime.

fuck off retard, you're obviously too dumb to see why the Shitty GitS movie sucks ass.
go and rewatch what essentially looks like a neverending PS3 era cutscene.

based dicaprio owning the rights and not letting anyone do anything with them because they'd only fuck it up/

>the whole plot of the movie was to explain white washing the Major

>But I think next on the horizon is Battle Angel which I have been following since 2006, ever since it was announced Cameron was interested. But sadly Cameron isn't going to be doing it, and instead Robert Rodriguez is up to bat
Goddamn this makes me so mad that Cameron would rather shit out more fucking Avator than make Battle Angel Alita.

nice body

But the only good thing about the original was the animation and art design. It sucks as a movie. The script and plot are written terribly. It has great animated scenes but then comes to a complete halt with long nearly still frames of people spouting long winded exposition. I say this as someone who owns it on Blu Ray. So just redoing 1:1 in live action was the worst thing they could do.

>I say this as someone who owns it on Blu Ray. So just redoing 1:1 in live action was the worst thing they could do.

I feel the same, but the world and visuals are so engaging that I can't not love it. Same thing goes for Star Wars in general and LotR. Don't really like the stories but the visuals are too impressive.

I've seen it twice now.
It's not terrible, it has some neat visuals. I didn't saw any major issues with the script, maybe the hacking stuff was a little cheesy for 2016.

But the action scenes were few and between and mostly sucked. Just bad CGI and bad directing.A guy getting thrown around in the water by an invisible superhuman should have been amazing. Instead it felt really poorly done. So yeah I think it needed a better director and a better lead.

Like pacific rim was a well done, well directed anime movie, this was just eh. Can't get too excited

Not every movie has to be 80% action scenes

>Original Film

Questions of Major's identity are briefly touched upon, definitely not what the movie is about, the Major willingfully accepts merging of her consciousness at the end.

>2016 gots

The whole movie revolves around Major's identity and her quest to define herself.

Maybe so but I was entertained in the end. I'm happy I'm not an autistic elitist.

The CGI was overall fantastic, especially the scene "in the water". You do know that's straight out of the anime, right? It was pretty much shot for shot.

The only element of the CGI I had issue with was the design of the tachikoma which I thought was pretty uncreative.

Then why did you say it was 1:1 then? And why say that's a postive thing until people call you out on your shit?

>Maybe so but I was entertained in the end. I'm happy I'm not an autistic elitist.

I'm not an elitist, your point was just completely wrong

>I'm not an elitist
sure pal

One of the major themes in the 1995 anime film is about her identity. The climax, in which she is fused with the puppet master, and later comes into a new loli body, pretty much solidifies that fact. Did you even watch the anime film, drumpfkin?

This is one of the few movies I've enjoyed this year.

>The climax, in which she is fused with the puppet master, and later comes into a new loli body, pretty much solidifies that fact. Did you even watch the anime film, drumpfkin?

Did you even read my very brief post? I mentioned that.

This is not at all 1:1 like the anime

Visually beautiful film but completely philosophically defanged. Very, very safe choices in an adaptation of a cery harsh film.

I didn't want live action Akira but chronicle turned out to be pretty okay

I was the worst move I've ever seen and I'm glad it flopped

Well I saw Transformers and it was definitely worse also it didn't flop so I'm not glad at all

>Major willingfully accepts merging of her consciousness at the end.

Disagree. The movie makes it clear she has no choice, but doesn't say anything about what she thinks about it. In fact, the film give the viewer no cues about what they should think about it; there's no music in the scene, Major's face is completely deadpan as a resilt of the situation.

Realt good filmmaking, forces the viewer to come to their own conclusion about whether it's good or not, but presents the merger of man and machine as an inevitability.

Meanwhile the ScarJo film (which I did like on the whole) has a simple hollywood-friendly message about how you'll always be yourself, becasue anything else is scary!

do people just cast scarlett johansson for any film that lets her wear a skintight bodysuit now

Why not? I saw a 15 years old with multiple suggestive shots in a blockbuster movie this year.

You mentioned "merging of her consciousness at the end". It seems you didn't even understand it though, because she goes into it a bit about what she is really feeling at that moment.

I tried to find a suitable clip of the ending of the film on youtube to no avail. So I guess I'll just have to type this out:

She says: "When I was a child my speech feelings and thinking were all those of a child. Now that I am a man I have no more use for childish things" (A biblical quote) followed by "And now I can say these things in my own voice because I am now neither the woman who was known as the major nor am I the program called the puppet master."

When you watch it you'll notice when she says "because I am now neither the woman who was known as the major nor am I the program called the puppet master." she says her title, not her actual name. This implies that she is not longer simply a machine, in her eyes at least, but a person.

After saying this, Batou smiles. He seems happy with this response. I think this is because he sees this as I do, as Kusanagi recognizing herself as a person.In any case she is coming to terms with her (new) identity.

Transformers are not even a movie, just a bunch of unrelated scenes user

not funny tho

GITS SAC is way better than the original movie

What's your point, user? Again, i mentioned this in my post.

I understand that Major and Puppetmaster merge at the end, and the concept of Identity is therefore addressed directly.

but the movie itself isn't about that, the driving tension of the movie isn't built around that, it's just something that happens at the end as more of a concept than a theme. That's all gits was, a bunch of concepts thrown at you at lighting speed. It wasn't about Majors struggle, or who she was, or what she is. Just because her identity is changed at the end doesn't mean the entire movie was about her.

>movie is garbage for a variety of technical and artistical reasons
>the only criticism anyone has about it is "not muh"

>live action akira
Chronicle?

user you might be having a stroke.

>88968610

If you like crap spelled out films sure

Sort of feels like they dumbed down the message of the anime and threw some kind of awkward message about consent. But aside from that, I just thought it was okay. The visuals is probably the best thing the movie has going for it.

>variety of technical reasons
Holy shit this!
Even the blocking on a scene that's just two characters delivering dialogue is fucked.
I don't know why this literal who of a director was put in charge of this shit.
There are a few cool practical effects/props, and maybe a desktop wall paper or two. But the movie is just a fucking stinker.

If she was smart she would've used a metal rod to leverage the lid open.

I'm sure she had plenty of time to find a pry bar while a robotank is trying to wreck her shit.

Actually he is doing another Terminator with Arnold over Battle Angel Alita. Im fucking stoked who gives a shit about them ruining a classic anime when we can get a true to god terminator 3 with all the originals.

too subtle, you need to go bigger next time

No, he's doing Alita. Tim Miller ("Deadpool") is doing Terminator.

Scarlett looks old ugly and fat, why THE FUCK did they pick her

A Ghost in the Shell adaptation should have been Directed by Gaspar (Enter the Void) Noe and scripted by Alex (Dredd, Ex Machina) Garland and Charlie (Black Mirror) Brooker with an R-rating!!!FACT!!!

>steven shekelberg

Nope he's producing it just like Battle Angel. Tim Miller is directing Terminator and Robert Rodriguez is directing Battle Angel.

nice quads bait bringer.

>1:1
Great observation user

terrible bait

you're a fucking mong, this was completely different to the anime on a fundamental level

GITS: what you is not fixed, people can change you at any time without your knowledge
Movie: dude accept yourself lmao