Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

This show is really good, especially once you get a few episodes in.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jv-NI4X_Amg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the format of this? 'Terminator of the week'?

you wish. theres literally one terminator they fight along two seasons. terminators become scary again in this series, i loved it.

John, my systems are failing, please touch my boobs in order to fix me.

Oh good, I actually prefer that.

Anyone remember the obsessive Summer Glau threads that used to be posted here? It was crazy when that show was going on.

No, there is not much monster of the week plots. It's just two long arcs.

I dont want to derail this into a weinstein thread, but did she suck weinstein weiner?

That is not accurate. There are a half-dozen or so other Terminators that appear on the show.

Example:

youtube.com/watch?v=jv-NI4X_Amg

Probably, he's had his greasy Jewish dick in every top tier actress and model

I can't think of anything she was in that was associated with him. She is a Joss Whedon girl.

now, remember that terminator that waited for like 50 years inside a wall of building until it was time to reactivate and fuck shit up? thats stuff was so cool.

Will I go to hell for fapping to my waifu?

This show was like falling in love with a girl that had cancer. I'm glad they went with that ending despite everything. Too bad the story ends there and there is a 0% chance of a comic.

This show needs to be brought back as an anime.

So the big reveal was going to be that Alison's brain was copied into Cameron's body, right?

this is more accurate. The show was pretty flexible. There are long-arc terminators as well as single episode terminators. This show also had morally ambiguous villains, some of which that were not terminators. On top of that, you have a glitchy, malfunctioning, unpredictable terminator that may or may not try to kill John Connor.

The ending to the show was most kino.

>it's been a decade
>it still hurts

I miss this show, completely changed my opinion on Brian Austin Green and Garret Dillahunt was f-ing scary as a Terminator

Speaking of shows that ended out of nowhere, what did you think of this series?

This show really has a pathos about it. An overall tone of sadness and sacrifice throughout that Brian Austin Green strongly helped. There is not one person in the cast who puts in a bad performance, and every episode feels like it adds to the Terminator mythos. Like you're finally getting to see what happened after Terminator 2.

>on a terminator sarah connor chronicles thread posting that shit
dude, come on

don't forget the Garbage scary T-1000. Made the girl pee herself because she knew that thing wasn't her mother.

or fuck him
seriouly one of the plotlines was that future john connor ends up loving the machines more than human beings

I was really surprised how well that show turned out. Apart from Judgement Day, it's the best thing about that whole franchise.

nobody knows, some future glimpses you see Cameron like locked up with Connor inside a room nobody has entered for a while. I was starting to suspect he was already dead.
Alison didn't seem to know John, something that's specially clear in the finale.
At this rate I think I will try to torrent it and rewatch it.

Up until the end of season 2, I was thinking to myself "yeah, I can see why this got cancelled"

and then I watched the finale and got really fucking mad that it got cancelled

Why couldn't they at least release a novel or comic?

I don't know. The rights for the Terminator franchise were in a fucking limbo at some point, I don't know if that was one of the reasons.
It is to this day the only decent follow up of T2. I like bits and pieces of T3, Salvation and Genysis, but they are overall terrible compared to the series and the potential it had.
Watching the series, made a lot of sense that by the end of Salvation John Connor was actually a Terminator like in the original script but McG seemed to be too much of a faggot to actually pull it off and as a result that movie is complete shit.

Do you think the eventual story of of T:SCC was going towards humanity making peace with the Machines?

I remember that they meet in a Submarine with a T-1000 at some point because not all the machines were on the same page as Skynet. Also The T-1000 that goes back wasn't clear if it was trying to build the same Skynet or a better one since it started caring for the little girl at some point.
Shit got complicated at some point and it was difficult to understand if the machines were just following instructions or just making their own choices. I really liked that.

I thought there was a fairly strong implication that John had "upgraded" his protector again and in the hostile future world he now had a T-1001 at his side. A season 3 with John and Weaver making their way through that world searching for John Henry would have been incredible.

Dammit, I will redownload and watch it again.

No, it follows a very long arc. The show is good, it flopped because of Summer Glau. As much as I love her, putting her in a leading role is a curse.

The dynamic would have been great because Weaver is not under his control at all and would only protect him out of her own free will, another evolution for the series. Going by some other things planned for the 3rd season I've read it seems like it was supposed to be a demonstration of how the war could have gone badly without John Connor. I imagine near the end of the season he'd have to return home again when the Skynet from that timeline has reached a level of power that is simply undefeatable. But then it would chase him back through time again, setting off the cycle anew.

You're insane. There is no other actress in the world who was more suited for that role.

I'm not disagreeing, but she is cursed.

>it flopped because of Summer Glau
I'd put the blame more on a being a TV format version of Terminator released years after the shitfest that was T3. People didn't really care about the the series at the time, and the TV show seemed like a cynical cashgrab that would probably suck, because TV version of scifi movies were usually low-budget and crappy. The writers strike completely fucking the second season also didn't help.

The show kind of never had a chance, which is too bad, because it really was great.

It didn't flop. It was the most watched show online when it was airing. The problem was Fox was behind the times in metrics and canceled it based only on live television ratings. It's one of the biggest mistakes the network has ever made. By the time the season 2 finale aired it was getting huge. A season 3 would have probably seen a massive increase in viewership since it would have taken place in the long awaited future war timeframe.

I can't stand the dood and Glau and Cersei can't act.

I think that is the logical conclusion. Skynet keeps trying to kill John Conner in the past and in the process keeps polluting the timeline with more and more Terminator technology leading to Skynet being built ever sooner. Eventually you're going to reach a point where the humans decide not to attempt to shutdown Skynet when it awakens and it doesn't retaliate with a nuclear war.

I think there was a nice subtext in the series where Camera was presented as Sarah's "daughter", thereby establishing a familial relationship between the original hero of the series and the machines. In this way I think the eventual story would move towards the Machines being the "children" of humanity who rebelled against their parent, and the eventual reconciliation that finally breaks the cycle of Judgment Day.

The series where John Connor was a little bitch who needs to gets protected by a teenage girl robot. And I thought the failed junkie in T3 was a disgrace. Absolute trash, stopped after one episode

John gets plenty of moments where he shows his strength. He is not a hand to hand or even gun fighter, that is stupid in the context of the series.

>that is stupid in the context of the series.
You know what was stupid? Making him a pansy despite what you're saying. And secondly having a teenage girl Terminator to protect him. Now obviously this show was aimed at girls.

Originally it wasn't supposed to be that, but for second season Fox executives forced producers to do that lot more than on first season.
No, everything implied that Cameron had become far more self aware than we led to believe earlier.
>It is to this day the only decent follow up of T2.
This.
>Do you think the eventual story of of T:SCC was going towards humanity making peace with the Machines?
I'm almost certain about that.
Fox didn't produce the show, it was produced by Warner Brothers. TV-executives tend to be even harsher out of house productions.