JUST

JUST

>bad movie makes no money

I see no problem here

>CARING ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY A FLICK MAKES

kike golem get ye gone

waifu fags will defend this cause its a muh 11/10 kino, the orginal only cost 28 million and made 33 million back

This really pisses me off. This film is a masterpiece.

>the original film was in theaters for exactly 7 days
>It only made the money back after a nearly 30 year period on home video
>it's never been re-released in theaters despite the praise given to the "Final Cut" of said film
>The second one is bad because it bombed like the first one
t. fucking idiot

This is a testament to Denis character. He said no to raping the market with spoiler ridden trailers and it took a toil. He is a true cinephile. It doesn't matter studio heads loved it and it will take awards.

yeah so how many years do you think it'll take the new one to make back its 100 million dollar deficit?
20?

Not my fault, I went to see it.

CHINA PUTS KINO BACK ON THE MENU ONCE AGAIN

>Best Cinematography
>Best Editing
>Best Sound Editing and Mixing

all possible winners

China gets 10 American movies a year, do you think this is one of them?

>blade runner 2049 flops
>shadow of war flops
Warner Bros is finished this weekend. Good.

>happy death day
>a literal who? flick about a sorority girl dying over and over again
>gets more money than BR2049
LOL

The movie is going to have better legs than the majority of modern releases, I guarantee it. The film lends itself well to multiple viewings, word of mouth and reviews are excellent, and the 3d vs 2d gimmick will be enough to pull in some business. The film's primary demo is men age 25-40, which is coincidentally the demo least likely to see a movie the opening weekend of release. Finally, there is probably a significant bloc of science fiction fans who are going to watch/rewatch Blade Runner before going to the cinema to see 2049.

It will make a profit, how much is to be determined. I imagine it will be a modest success. At the very least it will break even.

Didn't Sony publish BR2049?

But normies don't like it, that's huge word of mouth gone right there

Kinda worried about this.

Studios are getting more and more nervous about taking risks with each passing year.

I'm worried the theater will just end up a glorified comic book venue.

Where's you get those numbers from

Sony and WB distributed it and a bunch of whos? produced it

>the cinema auteur and tripfaggot enters scene

Will the chinks once again be the saviours of quality sci-fi?

Justice League will save it.

>long, boring, unnecessary sequel that has none of the thoughtfulness of the original disappoints both the fans and the accoutants
wow what a shame

>the filthy fat fuck, capeshit watching, dorito dust sniffing fat fuck enters the kinotheque

Deserved it

>that episode called "OP is a jew"

that reality is already here, the question is how long till their next risk. they will continue to make money making movies and every other studio will do a risk here and there for the cinephiles

Good. Hopefully Hollywood will take this as a sign that ORIGINALITY is important and stop making sequels, reboots, and remakes.

Just got back from seeing it. One guy fell asleep and two nigresses walked out. Afterwards, I everyone complained how boring it was.

I thought it was fantastic. Will become a cult classic like the first one.

>150mil
on fucking what lmao
movie looks like shit

you should know by now that the domestic box office doesn't mean shit, they are not making movies for (you) anymore. br49 is just shy of 100 million, it will hit 150-200 in the next few weeks.

>very long art and atmosphere Sci-Fi film based on a cult classic
>released in fall season not summer blockbuster or christmas holiday
>nearly 3 hours long
>no enormous cross promotion and merchandising blitz on every fucking channel.
>focus is atmosphere and metaphor not action, plot and dialogue
>Actually asks the audience to think and reflect inwardly

There's a reason people call shit 'patrician tier' and 'kino'. The whole idea of patricians is that they are a tiny minority compared to the unwashed pleb masses. This movie doesn't appeal to plebs. Simple, loud all-action capeshit is for plebs. Marvel studios has perfected marketing to plebs. This is hollywood and denis villanueve taking time away from big budget tentpole pleb-tier moneygrabs to actually make a love letter to a classic patrician movie. So yeah it might only barely break even, even with international sales but nobody cares because it was relatively low budget; nobody expected it to make piles of cash and they can always use hollywood accounting to claim losses on it and evade taxation.

Are bluray/dvd sales still relevant? Because if so I think it will do good (I hope)

>>it's never been re-released in theaters
Actually, my theater was showing viewings of it for a day before 2049 was released.