What are the ultimate nostalgia movies and tv shows for those born in 1997-2001?

What are the ultimate nostalgia movies and tv shows for those born in 1997-2001?

Other urls found in this thread:

ranker.com/list/the-highest-grossing-90s-movies/all-genre-movies-lists
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>born in 97
>90's nostalgia

>born in 1997
>90's nostalgia

97 child here

You can't call yourself a "le 90s kid" unless you were born before 1988.

I'd say before 1994

So you're saying someone who was 7 can consider themselves a 90s kid? Tell me, how many good, vivid memories do you have prior to the age of 7. I'll wait.

This board is for 18+

My good memories begin at age 5

I remember the World Cup in 98 and I was 4 at the time

same for Euro 2000, when Slovenia qualified for the first time
>that 3-3 with Yugoslavia still haunts me

I was born in 95 and cannot tell you a single thing that happened in the 90s
my earliest memory is at the end of 2000

No such thing as a hybrid millennial/gen z. Anyone born after 1994 is too young to remember how life was before smartphones, the early days of the internet, 9/11, and so on. The person in that image is a Gen Z'er in denial.

I'm sure they though Baby Driver and BR2049 were hella f*cking epic.

>No such thing as a hybrid millennial/gen z.
Ok Millennial policeman

this. thank god I don't remember much of the late 90's/early 2000's. what a shit-tier stretch of time.

I was born in 95 and i remember not using smart phones, social media or the internet.

To be fair, "the 90s" as we think of them didn't really end until 2006-ish. 2006 was the end of many things that were apart of Millennials' teenhood/childhood lives for a long time. It was the end of

>Sixth generation gaming (PS2/GCN/Xbox).
>The iPod being a huge status symbol and no iPhones.
>Unrestricted Internet and no PRISM.
>Late 90s/early 2000s shows like Yu Yu hakusho, Inuyasha, That '70s Show, Charmed, and Malcolm in the Middle,The West Wing, Alias, Will&Grace, Everwood, Bernie Mac Show
>MNF on ABC
>original ABC sports
>WWE Raw and Smackdown's logos and entrances
>Paul Tagliabue as NFL commissioner
>Funimation dubbing DBZ
>UPN and WB merged into the CW
>Roger Ebert left At the Movies
>TV Land strictly showing OLD SHOWS
>ABC family just being family orientated
>old style NBA on ABC

In late 2006, movies were beginning to look more brand new. Blu Rays coming on the scene. The 7th generation of gaming hitting full swing. New TV shows such as DEXTER, Heroes etc. Gen Z shows like Hannah Montana and High School Musical became popular. New TV networks. New actors and celebs beginning to appear. Pluto stopped being a planet. Social media booming in popularity. We were slowly en route to the 2010s.

Idk why a Gen Zer would be in denial. Millenials constantly get shit on by everyone because Boomers are the only ones who still buy media. Gen Z gets kept left alone because the oldest ones are just now entering highschool.

First world generation designations only applies to those in the first world.

Dude I was born in '89 and even I feel like I missed out on the '90s because I barely remember the first third of it. If you were born any later than like '94 or '95, you mostly missed out on peak Pokemania and absolutely missed out on peak Simpsonsmania, and basically have 0 connection to '90s culture.

God I feel old. Not due to my age, but because I cant relate to all these millenials. I was born in 88. Different times man.

>tfw 97 was 20 years ago

being born in 1983 i've always felt stuck between gen x and millennial.

Homeward Bound

this board is 18+

Learn to count

In my personal experience
>The Iron Giant
>The Incredibles
>Finding Nemo
>Ice Age
>Shrek
>Chicken Run
>The Grinch
>Harry Potter
>Spy Kids

Jurassic Park
Toy Story
Titanic
Independence Day
Terminator 2
The Lion King
The Phantom Menace
Armageddon
Ghost
Aladdin
Twister
Saving Private Ryan
Mrs. Doubtfire
Austin Powers
The Fugitive
Batman Forever
...and so on

ranker.com/list/the-highest-grossing-90s-movies/all-genre-movies-lists

If you were born between 96 and 99 AND were poor, you got all the leftovers of the 90s.

Almost all of these are 5-10 years too early for people born between 1997-2001

Whatever you say retard

they're from the 90's, why is it my fucking problem Millenial kids are desperately trying to be 90's kids? Get your own decade bitch tits

there are Sup Forums posters who were not even alive when:
>LOTR hit the cinemas
>JEWS hit the WTC
>Saddam hit the ground
for these kids nostalgia probably means some shitty 2010 tv series and GTA4/Battlefield 1

Parents fighting
Playing a Gameboy Pocket
The neighbours gave us their SNES when the PS1 came out
Dad left
Crying on the first day of school
Pokemon anime coming out

All before 2000

>1997
>goddamn 2001
>90s nostalgia
theres something wrong with kids nowadays

n-no user pls no feels

>tfw I thought this post was a joke until I thought about it for a sec
Time was a mistake

this website is 18+ only. There's no one under that age here.

>this website is 18+ only. There's no one under that age here

I don't get why these faggots need to cling to a term that groups the time they were born or whatever to feel special. It doesn't make them unique. Oh wow, you watched Angry beavers when you were like 3 and jerked off on newgrounds then years later made hella flippin epic memes about your "crippling depression." Is this anything to feel proud of?

the 90s died on 9-11

>ultimate nostalgia generation of the 90's
>born between 1997-2001
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Don't worry, they'll leave this planet once we have colonized mars.

I was born in 93 I remember playing Half life on my dad's computer, MGS on the ps1, trying to play Pokemon in the car at night, getting my first dog, getting chased by my grandma's dog.

>born in 79
>Remembers turtlemania
>Nintendo supremacy
>Disney afternoon
>Collecting general mills UPC's to mail them out for that sweet ghostbusters holographic t-shirt
>that sweet pee-wee herman doll
>getting stoned in high school in the 90's was fun. it was the only way power rangers was tolerable
> peak era for rap and wrestling
>going to actual fucking raves

The 00's were unbrearble as far as pop culture was concerned. the internet was its only positive

>Is this anything to feel proud of?
No, it's just that we weren't ready for the internet, we probably never will be. Anyone can say anything effortlessly and have it viewed across the entire planet, we take this much too seriously,

>Spider Man was 15 years ago

how old do you feel

>90's
>nostalgia
Delete this shit thread right now.

All garbage.

Embarrassing

If you dont remember being gen y you're not a 90s kid.

>1996 master race reporting in

I'm sick of you oldfags using the term "are you born in the 90's or something?" when someone asks something stupid on Sup Forums. Being born in the 90's doesnt mean you're
automatically stupid.

And stop saying that people born in the 90's just leeches on your nostalgia, that we have nothing that is unique for our generation in pop culture. We 90's kids have plenty of own nostalgia like Pokemon, TMNT, Sonic, Green Day, N64, Harry Potter and LOTR just to name a few. And don't forget Youtube, we practically invented that shit.

And another thing, stop using the term "edgy teens". If you oldfags can't deal with our swag that's your problem. Fucking 30 year old cuck moralfags! You just jelly!

I think what you're taking about is actually the well known change that happened 2007. Pre 2007 and post 2007 are two completely different worlds. But the 90s ended in the 90s, or at most the very early 2000s like maybe 2001 tops. Mid 2000 tech was way too advanced in comparison to 90s tech to be considered the same thing

This.

Shut the fuck up, kid.

I believe that's a fair cutoff point.

You should know better tban to take that bait user.

Those aren't 90s things. Those are 2000s things. iPods, PS2 etc.
90s was PS1 and PC. CD players and walkmans.

I dont know why 90s born querrs are so desperate to be 90s kids, why is this seen as something cool?

I remember seeing Toy story in theaters and watching street sharks and beast wars, when they played motorcycle mouse on ABC once a month on Saturdays.... Feels good take me back to that time.

>1996
Kys.

People like this should be summarily shot

Because it was the last decade when kids actually left their house and experience the world like the thousands of years before them. To be a 90s kid means you have a connection to the old world even if you feel native in the new one. It's like Americans obsessing over their heritage.

You've got no "swag". You are a pathetic generation of damaged safe-space dwelling, trigger warning demanding idiots.
Literally no cultural impact. Nearly all your entertainers are superannuated GenXers who should long since have been put out to pasture, but creation requires initiative and independence of thought leached out of you by mobile phones and social media.
You didn't "invent that shit", we did. You just use it like sheep.
We don't think you are rebellious and edgy, we think you are boring and lifeless.

Born in '91, don't remember much about pop culture before 9/11 except Batman flicks and boy bands and Columbine.

>The Iron Giant
>Garbage
Leave, pleb.

1981 gen x master race reporting in

Perfect blend of 80s childhood and 90s young adult

Walkman was cool in the 80s. We still had them around in the 90s, the problem was the replacements didn't work out (CD Walkman was inherently flawed, MD didn't take off).

The 90s were a great decade for me at least.
>Ebeneezer Goode
>Mad for it
>Ladettes
People were in general chilled and happy, liberal attitudes prevailed without being annoying (although now everything we believed is apparently super-offensive, like not caring about race and thinking that what people did in their bedrooms was their own business).

>you have literally no cultural impact
Neither did you

>Gen Y/early Millennial thinks he's Gen X in the same way late Gen Y/Gen Z think they're 90's kids.

If Jurassic park is older than you, you're not really human

>liberal attitudes prevailed without being annoying (although now everything we believed is apparently super-offensive, like not caring about race
Remember how in the 90s they told us that your gender doesn't define you because you can do whatever you want regardless of whether you're a boy or a girl? How we went from that to "I enjoy things generally considered masculine so I'M A MAN AND IT'S MY IDENTITY" is fucking puzzling to me.

You seem to be under the misguided notion that modern leftists aren't batshit insane. They're the same ones that think BvS wasn't an abortion.

Bitter millennial shit right there. So sorry you aren't gen x.

Gen x ends 82/83.

Don't be jelly of my gen x life millenial snowflake fag

>No such thing as a hybrid millennial/gen z. Anyone born after 1994 is too young to remember how life was before smartphones

Are you fucking serious? I was born in '98 and smartphones and social media only started to get really huge and normie-fied when I was at least 13. High school age. Most people define what they believe to be normal and the way things should be by how things were in their childhood. Kids born prior to '01 and after 1995 have had/are having an experience that isn't like any other that came before them or will come after them.

Thats a good explanation user. Thanks.

>Literally no cultural impact. Nearly all your entertainers are superannuated GenXers who should long since have been put out to pasture, but creation requires initiative and independence of thought leached out of you by mobile phones and social media.

Don't blame the kids for something the jews control. If the amount of le wrong generation kiddies around is anything to go by then you know the shitty lazily made uninspired milquetoast entertainment in the world pandered to them is not something they chose.

Totally agree, I find it utterly baffling. There are two episodes of the West Wing which is a good barometer for liberal views in the 90s. In one, there is a gay republican senator where the moral is being gay is just a small part of who he is and doesn't dictate what he thinks or how is going to vote. In another, there is a black businessman and the moral is just because he is black, that doesn't tell you anything about what he believes etc. These are absolutely clumsy didactic lectures from Aaron Sorkin that everyone applauded at the time. They'd be considered hate speech now.

I used to be a batshit inane leftist, its just today's batshit insane leftists make no sense to me. I have no idea what political position I'm supposed to occupy today because I still think we were right at the time. All that Martin Luther King shit y'know, contents of character not colour of skin, what you do is all that matters about you etc.

I was born in 1990 and got my first mobile phone (nokia 3310) when I turned 10. You were 2 years old. I made my first social media account in 2003. You were 5. Both of those things were mainstream among kids my age when I adopted them.

How many of you fags saw jurassic park in the cinema?

The world was ruined in 2007 and these confused kids were the last ones born before the end and that's why they subconsciously cling so tightly to the remnants and their few memories of the old world and of normalcy, fun, culture and happiness. They don't really mean 90s, they really mean proto-2007, they just don't know it.

You're embarrassing yourself

>having a phone at 10
I'm sorry that your parents failed you user.

I didn't because I didn't had any friends to go with, I've been alone my entire life.

>nokia 3310
>smartphone

Look at this dumbfuck.

Also he said 'normie-fied' not 'invented'. Doing something like making a Facebook account in 2004-2008 was an extreme rarity, doing something like making a Myspace account in 2006 or making an MSN account in 2004 was still a thing solely youths did and not everyone and their mother like with social media now. Kids having a phone at 10 only just became a normal thing in the past 4 or less years. You're an exception to the rule, not a definer of it.

>being this jealous
Everyone had a phone by 3rd grade. It was great for all parties involved. They could reach me whenever they needed and I could let them know if I'm going over to a friend's house or something after school. I bet you're an American and grew up without the concept of kids acting independently but where I'm from it's pretty standard kids walk around on their own and find their own things to do. And when I needed a ride home or to practice or something I could call them, on my phone.

Not really. If you were never a young adult without a smartphone, your entire experience of adult life has been changed. I think this might be why so many millennials are anxious, they are used to careful arrangements mediated by a phone. One thing I don't think millennials do much is just go out somewhere to see whats happening and who is there. Going places and finding out they were closed. Not being able to find le cool nightclub and ending up somewhere random instead, falling in with a bunch of new friends for the evening etc. Its no wonder they have no social skills and seem so closed to new people and experiences.

w-what happened?

I had an Ericsson GA628.

whoa so epeyic

1991 fag reporting in.

I remember the 90s well

You cant actually enjoy the 90s if your ass was born past 95 (I was 81), >never will you experience having 20 dollars and buying 4 action figures and still have money left over,
>never will you experience a CRT tv coming on again
>never will your rip the shrink wrap off your favorite movie at Christmas,
>never will you take a new N64 cartridge out of the box and listen to the start up menu for twn minutes before pressing start

Tears in the rain anons....

Not a smartphone but it's irrelevant, it's still technology of the time that allowed for networking (unlimited texts, constant communication etc.)
>Doing something like making a Facebook account in 2004-2008 was an extreme rarity,
Fake news. Facebook yes, but Facebook wasn't the first social media. Before Facebook most countries had their own social media sites.Vast majority of kids had an account on one of them. And everyone had MSN or similiar too.
>Kids having a phone at 10 only just became a normal thing in the past 4 or less years. You're an exception to the rule
Like I said, I was one of the last kids in my class to get a phone in 3rd grade. Most had one in 1st or 2nd grade. You just probably lived in some 3rd world shithole if this is a 2010s thing to you.

I was born in 92 and I hesitate to call myself a 90's kid since I didn't really experience 90's culture fully. I think if you were a teen in the late 90's you can call yourself a 90's kid.

I was 8. Dad took me

I remember the 3310 being hot shit because the 3210 was what most kids had since it had came out a year or two earlier.

81 here. I believe you my negro because I remember that 80s well

I was 13...

>let's bond over shared experiences add a layer of connectedness to us
>WHY DO YOU DO THAT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?! IM PICLE RICK WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

I saw it on VHS and saw nightmares about the sheep leg hitting the window scene. Literally the only thing I remembered of that movie. I thought it was the scariest movie I knew for close to a decade before rewatching it as an adult.