Brilliant game of cat and mouse building up to a possibly thrilling climax of protagonist vs antagonist

>Brilliant game of cat and mouse building up to a possibly thrilling climax of protagonist vs antagonist
>protagonist is pathetically killed off screen and we see a glimpse of the body for a few seconds, barely recognizing what has just happened
>"Dude turn your brain on! It's MEANT to be bad! It's a subversion of a tried and trusted defining trope!"
>"It's too deep for you. NO, deconstruction is not a filmmaking cop out SHUT UP"

Remind me why this crap ending was good again?

>built up to be a master hitman
>a master hitman that kills his own clients

So how did he become a master hitman in the first place?

>thinks llewelyn is the protagonist

stick to capeshit

Clearly not a movie for you, old man

Was the business man in the office really his direct client though? I thought he worked for the cartel and that guy was just some middle man who happened to be his contact state-side. Haven't read the book, is that ever expanded upon?

I kinda agree. I still loved the overall atmosphere of the film, but it was a time when people pretended the Coen-brothers were god's gift to this world and anything they made was 10/10.

Is OP a woman because that would explain everything

>already knows why ending was good
>ridicules it like a three-year-old
>"tell me why it was good"

Remind me why OP made this thread again?

you're absolutely right. Plus Llewelyn was a great character.
The coens can create great characters and expectations and like to sabotage it all halfway through for some reason. they did the same in Burn after reading. Maybe they have no idea how to solve a story? or they think an actual climax is too dumb for them? Maybe disappointing the the audience is a form of superior art for them, I don't know but it's sad

I sometimes make assertive posts about things I want to discuss in a way to bait legitimate discussion. It usually works better than simply asking, that's how bad Sup Forums is.

This is more OP bait right samefagging? This is worded so nicely to outline what the cohen brothers do and holding the opposite pleb opinion.

It's a Cormac McCarthy thing. His protagonists have a habit of dying in inglorious/underwhelming circumstances. The Road. All the Pretty Horses, so on.

>intelligent people couldn't possibly disagree with me
the absolute state of liberals, Sup Forums

Yeah It was shit. 2deep4u crap

real lives rarely end in "ultimate showdowns" between 2 people. life is not a video game or anime

For starters there is true grit, hail caesar and barton fink which are actually nothing like you describe and are very cohesive stories from beginning to end. What you're describing is just them subverting your expectations, which is in no way inherently bad. Their absolute most common theme is that real life is meaningless, we don't get neat close ended stories.

Shit just happens, not everything is Marvel trash.

I'm not at liberty to give out that information

>llewelyn's death
>ending
if you stopped watching then, it's no wonder you thought the movie was shit

I kinda dig it though, it emphasizes inevitability of death, no 10 min standoff scene, not culmination, just killed off screen like it's something completely mundane which it is.

SBURROOO

HEH YUGS PURROO