What has the better theme Gondor or Rohan?

What has the better theme Gondor or Rohan?
youtu.be/E5_xb522jEo
youtu.be/h_JfHLs2Nc4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sIhnYFRu4ao
youtube.com/watch?v=O-vFvgfH2kI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rohan is literally better in every way imaginable.

Rohan for melancholy, Gondor for grandeur, Shire for comfy.

RIIIIIDHERS OF ROHAAAAAAN

WHAT NEWS FROM THA MAAAAAAAAAARK

RIDE NOW

why did hackson butcher Gondor so much?

to make way for the ghost army

Because the Return of the King was already a taste of the horrors to come

who here /goosebumps/?

How was it in the books? I bet the city was supposed to be surrounded by large fields of grain or something.

Rohan Chad
Gondor Virgin

oh no it wasn't big enough!

someone make this please

fuck lotr music never gets old.

RIDE WITH ME

Gondor's soldiers die like flies in the movies and are anonymous faces, while book Gondor still has some noble leaders of old houses that Hackson cut.
Book Gondor won the battle on their own in the end (with Rohan), movie Gondor is saved by bullshit ghosts

When Gandalf arrived all the citicens where being evacuated. The orks never make it into the city. When they breach the Gate there is a standoff between the Witch King and Gandalf but before anything happens Theoden arrives and the Gondor soldiers decide to sally out of the city to help the Rohirim. The army of the dead cannot harm living people and Aragorn used them to free the cities at the river from the pirates and bring reinforcments from them to Minas thirit. Denethor wasn't a bumbling retard his character was absolutely butchered. And the Gondorians fight strong and bravely compared to the movies portraying them as pushovers

Rohan
>strong, tall, aryan features
>inspired by Anglo Saxon and Germanic culture
>manly warriors
>are not afraid to go to their death

gondor
>sh*tskin features
>manlets
>decaying degenerate nation

This. Concerning Hobbits is comfy as FUCK

Rohan, best soundtrack is the lighting of the beacons though

youtube.com/watch?v=sIhnYFRu4ao

Gondor is actually a realm twice as big as Rohan instead of just Minas Tirith and a 5 mile radius around it
Minas Tirith itself is surrouned by lush farms, forts and the wall of Rammas Echor (remember Theoden telling Grimbold to "take his company right after they pass the wall" even though there is no wall in the movie?) instead of dead, brown wasteland
Gondor soldiers are actually far superior to Rohan in might and power and all the usual attributes that Tolkien considered good but they are portrayed as total wusses in the movies. The knights of Dol Amroth were a superior cavalry force to the Rohirrim and they even ride out of the city at the end of the battle
The Army of Dead merely scares the living shit out of the corsairs and the Aragorn frees them. The corsair ships are then taken over by Gondor soldiers who stayed in Southern Gondor and Aragorn brings them to Minas Tirith to relieve the city which underscores that the victory was won by men instead of a green blob deus ex machina

there are of course other aspect too... things basically start going down in Fellowship already with Aragorn being a reluctant pussy

Aragorn seems really autistic in this, idk why

aragorn is a guy who has spent most of his life in the wilderness wandering by himself, there's a large chance of him being autistic or incredibly introverted

Rohan.

Really? I find it to be pretty much the other way round. Gondor's theme is far more melancholy. It's all about lost glory and faded grandeur.

Rohan because I was always a Rohanboo

Rohan

there's actually audio of me yelling in LOTR
dunno where specifically but it's pretty cool to think about

prove it fgt

can't really, I was just at a cricket game where Peter Jackson was recording the crowd's roars for battle scenes. I was right by the recording shit

youtube.com/watch?v=O-vFvgfH2kI
here's a clip of it

Can't remember exactly but that's in the EE Appendices. If I remember correctly they ended up not using that audio because it was too noisy or something but I could be wrong

Why were the cities in LOTR so empty? what the fcuk negro

All the mortal realms were at the end of long periods of neglect or decline. Gondor was depopulated by plague and war, Rohan was much the same. They designed the cities with this in mind.

ah fuck, that ruined my day

Because nobody gives a shit about Belfalas, Lamedon, Lebinnin, and the other fiefdoms being the ones to save Gondor. People remember the Army of the Dead.

I would have liked to see Dol Amroth make a cameo appearance at least, not even a speaking role, just showing the Swan Knights

probably cause middle earth was inspired by the black country, which was peppered with huge mills, factories, and smoke towers that were in the middle of being abandoned. It must have looked like great castles across the landscape that were just left empty

because Hackson ran out of CGI money

that's why Gondor looks like a barren wasteland

Even as a child I knew there was something wrong with Gondor not having any farms outside the walls or roads anywhere. It's literally just a wasteland for no reason. Watching the movies 15 years later, there are so many shots that look like blurry muddy shit. The scenes where Saruman is on his tower especially stand out. In the background there are miniature CGI orcs running across the ground and they're so bad it's comical. In your OP the shadows of the houses do not match the shadow of the cliff and the fence on the right doesn't even connect to the ground. How do people like these movies again? They turn to shit immediately after they leave the Shire

You are both literally autistic

that's actually a great idea

Take your ad hominems and shove them up your ass kid

>muh taxes
>muh agrarian output and city supply system

there is no difference between gurm and people whining about muh farms

Rohan = Snow Niggas

>things basically start going down in Fellowship already with Aragorn being a reluctant pussy
Honestly felt his character was more compelling in the movies. His arc in Fellowship is bretty good.

Why did they build their city in the middle of nowhere? the winters must be hell

>In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face.

>All save one. There waiting, silent and still in the space before the Gate, sat Gandalf upon Shadowfax: Shadowfax who alone among the free horses of the earth endured the terror, unmoving, steadfast as a graven image in Rath Dínen.

>"You cannot enter here," said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. "Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!"

>The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter.

>"Old fool!" he said. "Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!" And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade.

>And in that very moment, away behind in some courtyard of the city, a cock crowed. Shrill and clear he crowed, recking nothing of war nor of wizardry, welcoming only the morning that in the sky far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn.

>And as if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns, in dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the north wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.

The whole point of Gondors depiction in LOTR was to show a dying nation which was being poisoned by nearby mordor. The Crops were failing hence the blank fields, the men were good fighters but tired from constant warfare.

How the Gondor soldiers were shown in the film was bloody realistic. They were in a constant state of skirmish with the orcs across the river and wore fucking heavy armour all the time, of course they would not be at their best.

The problem is that they never shown the so called decaying crops, farms, or anything like that so we are forced to assume that peter jackson just forgot about it. You say the whole point was to show a dying nation. They did that with the elves leaving middle earth but it was never a theme in the movies.

It's not really a city but the seat of the king.

Why did he pick such a shit place to put his seat?

Nah, it was used for the Uruk war cry during the siege of Helm's Deep.

Next to a mountiain range overlooking a plain? Pretty smart spot if you ask me

rewatched the series last week
this scene hits me harder than any
its so good

>AS THE SUN RISES

Rohan is for underage Anglo-Saxon LARPers
Gondor is for noble patrician Chads

I want to know more about these guys.

>as

look at this fag