/MHG/ Mindhunter General

Is he, dare I say, /ourguy/?

Nobody wants to discuss this KINO piece?

why does holden knock over the autist kids tower, seems like a dick move.

why don't you discuss it in the general?

don't you have enough /guys/

He had a feel of pic related.

because he is an autist as well

Most people are probably still in the process of watching and don't want to get spoiled.

I liked it, every time a new killer was introduced I would go watch actual footage of their interviews and compare. They were pretty faithful to the actual guys, very impressed. The set design is also second to none, the world feels very lived-in. Also as a fun aside:

>they have the new guy listen to BIttaker and Norris tapes
>figure it's some kind of interview
>look it up
>my face

He was easily the most interesting. He seemed somewhat remorseful, how he said he thought people like him should be killed. Maybe that's not correct though maybe its more like he just understood he was bad in an academic sense.

What general? This is the only one

see

nothing happens: the show

Loved it. Couldn't get over how obviously gay Groff is.

The Iceman killer is cooler but apparently he wildly exaggerated or was attributed far too many kills.

He sort of does. Very happy to talk about his crime in that same way, but you also can't be sure if he's bullshitting or not.

Pretty interesting show, but I don't see why there's the need to add the relationship drama between Holden and his gf, or the drama between holden's partner and his autistic son.
By the way, the part where they are naming the methods of killings, and when they get to the "serial killer" term felt so forced.

The show generally revolves around the first generation of men revolting, viciously, against the first wave of entitled, overeducated feminists with a chip on their shoulder against men.

Every killer in the show has a problem with his broken mother and is white. fascinating

>the first generation of men revolting, viciously
no it revolves around the FBI first becoming aware of these men, who have always been around and always existed.

hit up the ol' wikipedia list of serial killers.

what did they mean when they dedicated so many scenes and episodes to a lesbian doctor opening tuna cans in her spare time? is that another sociology experiment?

what was the doctor's role in the department besides securing the funding by going behind the director's back when he was already doing the same thing?

why do we need duplicate women in the show who are both obvious power hungry cunts?

Is it because they represent the mothers the killers created?

>asking the exact same questions in two threads at the same time

>pretending to know the mystery/allegory behind the tuna cans

is this gonna be the new "he doesn't know how to use the three shells"?

I'm like 30 minutes into the first episode, this dialogue is really bad and its seems like SJW sociology trash. Does the whole season bang this drum? How long will I have to listen to debbie bloooowing away the stiff stuck-up fed with her free spirit and tough defiant bad-grrrlness?

Post like these make me wish the poster would fucking kill himself.

Yep.

There is a scene with a super cool black dude, but they can't hire him because he is black and everyone is racist

what, you enjoyed the bar scene dialogue where you're getting beaten over the head with dead tropes?

no but I hate the whiny little shits that can't finish an episode before jumping onto Sup Forums to share their whining and dragging in a bunch of current socio political bullshit. Fuck you too BTW

combined with the og punk rock onstage this shit is the most obvious fucking fodder for the sociogy grad students i was constantly surrounded by in college

the fact that you're watching a Netflix original makes it impossible not to notice this shit, they execute it with the subtlety of a dumptruck

The intentions are good but I don't like the formula. It feels like it's dumbed down to not scare some people away. Holden never feels like a person. A human being. He's always a character. You look at the guy and immediately thinks "this is a movie character". For a show that's well written in some many moments, it's sloppy with its own main character.

So what I'm saying here is pretty much what another user said here .

The dialogue is dumbed down to the maximum. It's taking characters that are supposed to be complex and human and turning them into obvious tropes and clichés so it will be easy to digest for the average viewer. But is the average viewer even someone who'd watch something like this? This isn't a killer of the week type of show.

this. the show is a stinker that was about two hammy over-educated cunts who resemble the mothers of the killers that holden is obsessed with, hence his attraction to both of them

you know what, let me rephrase my original post:

the dialogue is stilted and is very preachy. does it continue to be this way for the rest of the show?

yes

It feels like a weird hybrid. Baby's first serious show about serial killers. I'm not sure if it's dumb trying to be intelligent or intelligent but trying to be dumb enough to be digested by the average viewer.