Blade Runner 2049 BTFO by the RazorFist

youtube.com/watch?v=ES6jTsZ4NQs

Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kKaA1MEWSTY
youtube.com/watch?v=hUkCJDkG3fg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I disliked Bladeruner 2049 for similar reasons to this man, but I am now afraid to ever voice them in public in case I ever come across one iota as deranged and repulsive as he does.

How can someone present themselves like this and not know how they come across? How can he speak in this diction, dress in this way, grow his hair out without any kind of maintaining, and not be constantly disgusted by his own being?

>what if Joey Ramone and Movie Blob had a kid
Say no more

He clearly has a real thing for the original and knows it inside out, so if he says it's thematically and visually incompatible with the original he's in a better position than me to judge.
I don't think that shitting all over this film because of that is fair though.
I loved this film, but I get the feeling it would have worked just as well as a standalone cyberpunk film. I think they maybe forced Villeneuve to bladerunnify the plot/ film so as to keep the rights and maybe they thought the name would bring more people in.

>caring about B-movie edgy 1996’s school shooter teenager’s opinion

His thing is that he either really hates or adore things, never things in between. Look up his Mad Max and Dirty Harry videos, or some of his videos he talks about music he likes.

He's a Trump supporter and I think this video and the opinions expressed therein reflect that quite nicely.

>razorfist
No

he needs to chill out but he's 100 percent right. blade runner 2049 was absolute shit and didnt even look that visually impressive most of the time

>doesn't even finish the games he reviews
Why would anyone take this guy seriously?

>MUH ELRICH MUH COLDSTEEL,WITCHER IS A COPYCAT REEEEEEEE

>2049 abandons noir tropes
>2049 has no subtext
>JOI is invalidated because "THERE ARE NO HOLOGRAMS IN THE ORIGINAL!!!!"
>Ignores the fact that it was written by Fancher, who also wrote the original
>The original Blade Runner practiced "show don't tell"
>Totally lack of understanding of the core themes

This guy is a fool and should not share is half-baked opinions

Razorfist is totally going to BTFO the Witcher series with his upcoming video

Haha

What does this dude do for a living? Also, he shoots all his videos in his parents' house, but he lives there too, right?

truly a better version of spoony

He doesn't shoot his videos, his friend does. Razor doesn't edit the videos either.

Razorfist is an idiot and should do the world favor by swallowing fist full of razor blades. 90% times he is objectively wrong.

he is 41 years old and still listening to metal. why should i care what this edgelord queer thinks about movies?

I'm going to watch it just for my share of Slav keks

I actually can't believe I read some of those Elric comics and books. It was edgelord shit. I'll take Witcher over Melnibone any day.

I'm little biased about Witcher because muh Polacks, but its really suprising how little 'edge' there is within the story given the premise and time when it was written. Whenever people call Geralt edgelord I know they never really touched it.

If any Sup Forums poster hasn't heard of this faggot, he's a genuine contrarian with awful opinions who wears eyeliner.

everyone says to disregard his opinion because he thinks the prequels are good, but i haven't seen any proof of that.

so i'm asking here: anyone who thinks razorfist holds this belief, do post your proof or forever be a faggot wrong idiot

>What does this dude do for a living?

No joke, when he started shilling for Trump last year he bragged about being a political science major and knowing more about politics than people in the comments.

someone post his qt GF

But... the videos have little to no editing and the filming is just him laying down the camera and doing a one take. You being serious?

Most of the time Witcher comes a bit tryhard, but generally very human and realistic. In comparison, Elric comes off as contrived and "shocking" which degrades the world and the characters.

Just look how other worlds are handled. In The Witcher it was a calamity which explains fantastic and in the rare circumstance it's explored, shows how the other side also isn't happy. But generally, Witcher keeps it subdued because it's really not the point.
In Elric after you're sick of people dying and depraved shit happening reader gets treated to the most juvenile wish fulfillment of infinite dimensions and astral projection which just doesn't mesh with the setting. Then for the grand finale, after the main character was established as not wanting to be evil after all, decides to be evil and kills everyone because plot had a contrived turn to allow him being evil with the minimal of motivations which is supposed to be a justification.

Moorcock, going by interviews, knew exactly what he was writing. He wanted to shock by pushing edgelord-yness to the max. And retards gobbled it up. Razor among them.

skip to 7.10, he's a devout prequelfag

youtube.com/watch?v=kKaA1MEWSTY

Yes, this is well known.

>that cringe metal
>that posturing
The intro isn't for real, is it?

>Dokken shirt
hahahahahahahahaha
I've got a weak spot for George Lynch but the band is shit

I grew up in Poland when Witcher books started to become widely popular.
For many people it was their first contact with fantasy, often years before they heard of LotR.
When those teens started to grow up and began writing themselves, shit broke loose.
For few years straight all of the local authors were writing nothing but pure cringeworthy edge.
It's really funny because they read Witcher and all of it they remembered was how "brutal and realistic" it was.

Still it was at least fun. Now it's all shitty alternate history and shit post apo ripping off Metro 2033

He's right about the prequels tho

everyone loved the prequels until Reddit Letter Media came along.

>Kafka
>long texts
>great American novel
Is he joking, am I reading into this too much, or is he retarded?

(You)

This guy looks like an edgelord from the very first seconds of the video. So this is the power of american autism?

>some tryhard faggot
If you unironicly watch another man review a film then you are a movie cuckold.

you clearly haven't seen the videos where people talked shit on 'em back in the day

being a contrarian edgelord is his shtick

Seeing as he's a "self described metal head" I doubt it's just a shtick.

the fuck you on about, plenty of people hated the prequels when they first came out

youtube.com/watch?v=hUkCJDkG3fg

the shtick is just a bonus

t. RLM brainlet

ITT: butthurt slavs and eastern european faggots desperately try to claim that The Witcher isn't a blatant ripoff

Pleb detected. Bow before the Moorcock.

this, all people talk about are their waifus

So this is what a fucking pleb looks like huh?

You don't seem to understand. We don't care if it's a ripoff. Author rights and intellectual property are a meme. And if they aren't, they shouldn't be enforced out of the country the author is from. We're just happy Witcher is better than Elric of Edglord

I don't bow before 20th century anarchists championing female empowerment.

Fuck off Razor,Witcher is superior to your edgy dickjerking bullshit

I generally like Razorfist, but the guy is an extremist and part-time contrarian. The guy will think something is ass-cancer butt-aids and shit or god's gift to earth, with nothing inbetween. He can't think "2049 was not a necessary sequel, but its written by the original writer and made by a film director who clearly loves the original just as much as me. It an intelligent movie that is made for people who like the original, but I would have preferred it not to be made" instead its "THIS FUCKING MOVIE IS THE WORST FUCKING MOVIE EVER ITS TERRIBLE, EVERYTHING IN IT IS HORRIBLE AND WRONG AND TOTALLY NOT BLADERUNNER EVEN THOUGH ITS MADE BY THE SAME WRITER BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"

He also goes on these contrarian binges where he'll just take something that is popular and seen as a great thing by many people (Witcher 3, for example) and he'll just pick on small details until he hates it and then he brings it up every video to try and piss "fanboys" off so he can argue with them in the comments. Nothing is more cringeworthy than a youtube video creator arguing with their viewers in the comments section.

This is true for the most part.

Fans hated it but the general public loved it and then the public were told they had to hate it and went along with it.

evidence please and even then who cares elric fucking SUCKS

Hey, Guys, Im desperate for some dumb fuck to click on my shit YouRube video, please. The Post

Razorfist? More like FistedinTheAss

t. tasteless casuals who follows the herd

I really don't get it. I read Witcher comic from 90s written under supervision of book author and really the style reminded me more of Connan of all things rather than Elric.
It was so bad it actually turned around and became lovable

>doesn't play dark souls because its too hard
>tryhard one-liners and insults to dress his hollow opinions
>thinks utter dogshit like velvet assassin and games released by Spider are good simply because they aren't AAA releases despite being sub-par for every standard held for video game design
>likes to herk off the "middle market" of video games despite it being filled with more shit than he is.
>blatantly recommends awful games just because they're lesser known
>saw a 2007 Sup Forums recommended chart one day and now DUDE THIEF AND DEUS EX ARE MY FAV despite him being abysmal at them from his stream
>blatantly only works out his glamor muscles like a complete homo who lurked /fit/ "that one time" and now has stupidly plump biceps that wouldn't actually service him in physical activity with no shoulders and looks dopey as fuck. But hey, guess you'll be able to open that bottle of rogain a tad faster, huh Razorthin(hairline)?
>wears eyeliner
>defends star wars prequels

Name even one reason why I should listen to him.

>Name even one reason why I should listen to him.
To laugh at him.

I only have one rule in this life

And that is never to listen to the opinions of "gamers" because they're usually unintelligent and wrong

This guy is fucking cringe.

no. they were rationally deconstructed and people acknowledged that and agreed.razorhomo is simply disagreeing because they're famous and using it as an opportunity to rebel and give substance to his hollow self-styled "bad boy metal head" identity he developed out of his babydick syndrome. anybody who adopts a faggoty identity like emo, goth, jock faggots are not worth listening to and are trying to subvert some deeper underlying mental issue

razorcunt is a faggot.

>Doom poster
>Thief poster
I hope this guy is being ironic from the set design forward.

>no survivors

obnoxious delivery, seems like an insufferable cunt, also a complete fanboy of the original so he obviously has a preemptive bias against any sequel.

that being said, 2049 just wasn't good at all and most of his criticisms are spot on. people attacking the person and not the criticisms are intellectually dishonest.

because he yells and swears at the camera and looks all rebellious and like a tru ameri-can

this kind of thing of edgy ignorance where you just dislike things is very trendy these days

>loves prequels
>hates redditlettermedia
>tells the truth about Bladememer 2049
>works Sup Forumsedditors into a shoot
/ourguy/

>that being said, 2049 just wasn't good at all and most of his criticisms are spot on.
no they weren't. name one.

expositions and it looking to clean

>dialogue that provides audience with certain knowledge
>a post apocalyptic future advances in technology and "cleanliness", who'd'a thought?

I'm not seeing any points.

Why is it good?

the original was also set in a post apocalyptic future world and it looked quite natural with a dirty, murky feel to it.

Expositions that dumb the themes down, so your average Joe can understand them. Example, the audience seeing all those flashback scenes meant to explain how crushed Joe was and that he went after Deckard, so he could bring him to his daughter, just because he wanted to have a goal in his life and feel like a human bean.

You can complain about the plot, Ryan Gosling, the visuals, what have you.

But you lose all credibility when you start bitching about holograms being in a sci-fi movie.

Stop replying to this thread. This is a report of OP trying to shill his Youtube channel.

There are countless threads about the sequel being shilled hard, why keep those? Hypocrite much?

I kind of had a problem with how the emanator doesn't make sense.
All other holograms are projected but then he gets a stick and she can just be anywhere even though the device is in his pocket? She was even outside of the car.

Metalheads are the worst

No he's a massive faggot that really doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm convinced that any person who says Gosling is a bad actor simply hasn't seen enough movies.

it's set thirty odd years after the first so naturally there would be progressions in living differences.

those are from 5 years ago though and this is movie not a game that takes hours/days to beat

>former tranny commenting on the manhood of others

>tranny
what?

Try posting this thread without advertising your youtube channel. Then you might get serious discussion.

>BESTEST WIGHTSABER BATTLES GUISE
>YODA BE SO KEWL WITH HIS FLIPPING

Christ this is sad coming from someone who brags about having high standards and writing a "thesis" on Bladerunner.

>expositions
detective stories necessitate exposition.
>looking to clean
er, the city doesn't. if you mean the purposefully sterile outside environments and the inside of the wallace building, that is justified.
>Expositions that dumb the themes down, so your average Joe can understand them.
like?

Styxhexenhammer's retarded son

the example was stated in the post you responded to or are you going to pretend it's not a valid one?

>detective stories necessitate exposition
the original Blade Runner didn't spoon feed you about Deckard regaining his humanity, disregarding Ford's half assed narration almost everyone agrees to be unnecessary addition to the iconic tears scene.

He’s too smart for it all, man. He can see through the completely subjective bullshit, dude. He’s just on another level intellectually.
I’ve known fuck heads like this douche. Contrarian for contrarians sake. Good shit sucks because people like it and shitty stuff is awesome because I’m super smart and I get it man. I’m smart enough to understand why shitty stuff is good. That’s why I like shitty stuff and dress like a faggot. It’s because I’m super smart and everyone else is dumber than me. You’d understand if you were really intelligent like me. Now, if you’ll excuse me I have to cut the fingers off of all of my leather gloves, sharpen my swords, and finish my manifesto.

Fuck this faggot and every shitbag that refuses to grow the fuck up like him.

FUCK THIS RETARDED GUY WITH THE GLASSES REJECT WHY WOULD YOU CARE ABOUT THIS CUNT?

seriously. fuck his black and white filter, fuck his sunglasses, fuck his leather jacket. fuck his god awful attempts at humor. fuck his forced persona. he can eat a cock.

Because I can relate to the plot of a man who wants to become a real man.

As a rehabilitated former metal head I can confirm this.

I still enjoy the music occasionally, but the “style”, and the “culture” can fuck right off.

The more I think about the film the more I realize how flawed it actually is, and now much a successor it fails to be. Villeneuve is definitely a hack.

please stop shilling this stupid schoolshooter.
Thank you.

>the example was stated in the post you responded to or are you going to pretend it's not a valid one?
that was a plot-point.
>the original Blade Runner didn't spoon feed you about Deckard regaining his humanity, disregarding Ford's half assed narration almost everyone agrees to be unnecessary addition to the iconic tears scene.
this film doesn't either, ignoring the fact that the original blade runner isn't so good as a detective story. k's feelings are conveyed with a degree of subtlety, nowhere are we told specifically how he himself feels

You’ll have to try harder than that.

Maybe try being a huge edgelord faggot and make a 10 minute long REEEEE video where you don’t actually say anything constructive.

Considering that he doesn't play the games he reviews he probably also just pretends to have read Kafka.

This edgemaster, coked-up, faggotry spewing twink is just pretending, right?

it's just a bad film with terrible acting and failed drama and very questionable themes, you dismiss it but in the end it's true

>that was a plot-point
How does this affect the scene basically info dumping you the point of K's arc?
>k's feelings are conveyed with a degree of subtlety, nowhere are we told specifically how he himself feels
They are, up to the point when the replicant rebellion leader says how he felt broken and his hopes shattered when he realized what they all did, that they're not the special someone born from Rachel, but are instead regular types.