Did he realize that Joi didn't love him and she was programmed for it?

did he realize that Joi didn't love him and she was programmed for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/xzgfkmnvakdfui3py5a7.png/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

i wish i had a female programmed to love me

>implying that she wasn't programmed to love him

did you realize that love doesn't actually exist and we're just programmed for it?

I think this scene was meant to mirror the one where Deckard rejected Wallace's imitation Rachel.

Does the fact that she wasn't unique or "natural" make her feelings any less real?
(The answer is no. It's basically the point of the movie.)

Just like dogs, but that doesn't stop everyone from loving them back.

Programmed implies design user. No one decided who I'm supposed to love it happens through the pure accident of my existence

Only idiots love dogs

this image is correct, but for owners it's the reverse.

>Didn't love him...programed for it.
You contradict yourself fucko.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/xzgfkmnvakdfui3py5a7.png/

reminder these threads are made by viral marketers

>Does the fact that she wasn't unique or "natural" make her feelings any less real?
yeah cause they weren't her feelings. she wasn't a replicant, she was an AI. she didn't love him. he fell in love with something that only pretended to love him back. he thought he was special he wasn't

>only pretended to love him
Which is why she continues to freak out even while he's unconscious? From the perspective of the AI, she really does love him unconditionally, it's only us as humans that have problems accepting that.

The thing is that if we have to be completely realistic an AI of her sort couldn't have emotions since she doesn't really possess a physical body.
Well, a writer can come up whatever they want no matter if its realistic or not because this is fiction. Still I don't think that's how it was portrayed in the movie and that it was a point at all.

but that was the point you spastic
she's just a program designed to love. an ordinary adveritsement was able to show the same level of compassion and love as his supposed dear ole waifu, even calling him by his "name"
not a coincidence she gives him the most basic and popular human name imaginable
the argument is whether replicants are people or not. Joi is just AI

but "she" is just a program. She was never alive

Prove it

I've never met a cat owner who want an insufferable faggot

she isnt a replicant or a human. So she isnt even biologically a living being

>Which is why she continues to freak out even while he's unconscious?
the advertising for her is that she says everything you want to hear. In that moment, K would have wanted her freaking out and caring about him (cause no one else fucking does). From the perspective of the AI sure she 'loved' him, but it wasn't genuine. It wasn't voluntary, its programmed and forced. If he ever became a cunt she'd still love him. and thats not real love.

>the argument is whether replicants are people or not.
They are just the niggers of this universe.

> on self-aware appliance has real feelings
no

>implying that's any different from a human being programmed by their genetic make-up and environment to love another human

in fact if anything she can love more than a human since she can perceive the human she loves more accurately and honestly than any other human being can

cats are gay and dogs are objectively more intelligent tho

I agree.

>being a doglet

And that proves she wasn't alive?

I think the biological definition is "eat, shit and reproduce". I don't know if this has changed ever since I was in the fifth grade.

>when he owns cats

yep.

Did you miss the fucking scene in OPs pic where K realizes that it was all artificial emotion? Retard

Yes.
The camera zooms in very intently on the word "Jo" written on her advertisement. The director practically bludgeons you with the fact she was just doing what she was made to do.

*hint hint* so was he

if you program a game does the video game exist?

He was discriminated against all the time and he had no mother, so he didn't know what "real" love is.

K = data
Joi = EMH doctor.

soooo self aware AI does not exist in this film and I was just tricked?

People keep making him out as a broken man after realizing he's a fake and so was Joi, but K comes to the same conclusion Roy does in the original movie so he can't have that many regrets.

This.

Did everyone just... miss the parts where he's obviously salty about his lot in life? He wanted someone to care that he existed, that he wasn't just a product doing a job he was made to do, and so he bought a toy that pretended to care about him. K realizing she's just an artificial product doing what she's designed to do, ie: exactly like himself, is why he snaps and hunts down the replicant bitch and saves Deckard.

false dichotomy, both are great

You missed the point of the movie. The fact that it's artificial doesn't inherently make it less real.

yeah to him it felt real. It was a simulation. Its like watching an ASMR and pretending she is your gf

He didn't snap..His goal was to reunite Deckard with his daughter , not kill Luv.

>see movie with gf
>So I'm like your Joi, right?
>mfw

>that only pretended to love him back
Your assumption that this is true is where the problem lies. Does the fact that her base emotions were programmed make them less any real from *her* perspective? I'm naturally inclined to avoid snakes because my instincts (i.e. my programming) tell me to. Is that inclination not real because it's instinctual?

Ehhh Roy was more pissed off that he was designed to die after a short span of life. K had a normal human lifespan, so aging wasn't his hang-up. His problem was that he had been doing exactly what he had been told to do his entire existence. Him deciding to save Deckard was the only self-motivated action he ever undertook.

So while Roy had a 'life', K existed for just a few hours.

But that's true of many women, user

>from *her* perspective
There is no "her" perspective! she is a fucking program! Its time to stop posting already.

*You* say it was a simulation. I say from Joi's perspective, her feelings were as real as those of any human.

see

* i got the posts backwards

>she is a fucking program
And that means she can't be self-aware? Humans are robots too, we're just programmed and controlled by nature.

I'm still a bit split on this. Did he realize he was a fool to care for her, or did he still love her and was lamenting her death?
On one hand they do hammer you over the head with the "everything you want to hear" stuff and her calling him Joe. But there's also plenty of references to him being perfectly aware that she's not real and her going beyond her programming by helping to cover K's tracks. So while she might've been programmed to do so, she still seemed to love him.

the fundamental question is whether she voluntarily loved him by that point (cause she does show voluntary actions seemingly going against her programming) or whether its just sub conscious and forced. otherwise it isn't real.

Both, he's come to terms with being a fake but he understands a miracle now

But he did snap. After they took Deckard he could have gone right to LAPD HQ, done another mindfuck test, and gone back to work like the product he was. He was only suspended for 48 hours. Instead, he became the thing he usually hunts: A rogue replicant. He did it for a reason of course, but that's besides the point. Him saving Deckard proved he was actually "real" and not doing just what he was made to do. Him killing the kung fu replicant slut was just incidental because she got in the way. She also enjoyed being a replicant and he didn't.

Can you explain how that would be possible? Maybe if she was a replicant or a cyborg. But she is a straight up COMPUTER PROGRAM

Explain please what makes YOUR perspective "real."

No he realized that they're all just products programmed to love you unconditionally

Humans and Androids are just programs in a different shell.

The problem with your argument is the word "programmed". She was scripted. No matter how you try to rationalize it, some pimply greasy engineer slapped together some Diaper Code that became her personality.

When you talk to a chatbot and they reply negatively when you mention your love for unicorns and Hitler, is that emotion real?

This, you can't be a Chad and have a pet that cucks you for resources and doesn't actually care for you

I have free will. everything she does is predetermined operations.

The real question is, did the AI charge his account for the prostitute? Does Wallace Corp get kickbacks from the brothel?

but you are just fuckin saying that with absolutely nothing to back it up. Just a 2deep4u little poem type line.

>But he did snap. After they took Deckard he could have gone right to LAPD HQ, done another mindfuck test, and gone back to work like the product he was.

I seriously doubt he could have gone back to baseline after everything he's been through.

>free will

Damn we're opening up a can of worms here. Fucking love this movie.

skepticals btfo.

a psudeo intellectual like yourself loves this movie im sure.
>I heard someone say humans have 0 free will once, wow deep

Again, is my fear of snakes not real because it's instinctual/programmed? From Joi's point-of-view, wouldn't her feelings seem real whether she was programmed to have them or not?

Uh, so? Here, imagine this. A supercomputer is programmed to fully simulate every aspect of a human brain down to the neuronal level. Is the mind occupying that brain not real? Joi could be like that, and even if she's not *literally* like that, her code is almost certainly built on neural networks.

>You look like a good Joe
>Everything you want to see
>Everything you want to hear

Sup Forums's dumb

he's not an artificial product, there's no difference between replicants and humans in the film other than implanted serial numbers, they are a slave underclass

I think this scene shows that K's Joi was in some
sense real or unique, at least to K. If she was just a program to him, he could just buy another one and go on living. When he sees the giant Joi ad it's like being visited by a ghost, she looks exactly like his waifu, but he can tell she isn't the same and he can never get her back.

He realized that even if he could buy another one, his Joi would have been irreplaceable

>wouldn't her feelings seem real whether she was programmed to have them or not?
SHE IS AN AI THERE IS NO FEEL K JUST PROJECTED THAT ONTO HER

Well of course he couldn't. Point being, he could have tried. If he was still under control doing what he was made to do, he would have tried. But he broke with that existence the moment he went after Deckard.

So the hologram was never real, and he only became "real" the moment he rejected his raison d'être.

Does it matter if she didn't really love him?

No, because the chatbot isn't self-aware and isn't programmed to actually experience emotions within the context of its self-awareness. By any modern test of intelligence/sapience, Joi is.

You almost certainly don't. The universe and everything in it (including humans) is, essentially, determinstic.

It parallels the scene where Wallace tries to sell Deckard on a new Rachel

Based user posting my same interpretation at the same time, wanna go out for a drink?

>>wouldn't her feelings seem real whether she was programmed to have them or not?
absolutely not. Its like saying an emoji really feels emotion. There is no biological thing to back this up.

No, he realized that what he did have in his Joi was real even if she was programmed for it. She loved him and nothing anyone says can change that. She even put her life on the line just to be with him. That's real love even if she was programmed for it.

>egyptians worshipped cats
yeah and look where that got them hmmmm

>ooh no freewill, 2deep4u, throw in the word universe to make it sound that much deepr

>Haha look at these dweebs I'm Übermensch intellectual that doesn't like nuffing

Go rope yourself you miserable faggot.

>No, because the chatbot isn't self-aware
Neither was the hologram. The bitch's marketing tagline was literally "Everything you want" in the movie. She's a complex network of scripted responses. He could have bought another one and had her at the same level of personality eventually.

Real women are also incapable of love

But how do you know that? How do I know the people I talk to IRL aren't just programmed to respond to me in a way that mimics intelligence and self-awareness. I don't, and neither do you regarding Joi, and therefore it's unreasonable to conclude that she isn't self-aware. Read about the Turing test.

But an emoji isn't programmed to be self-aware, whereas Joi clearly is. This is a question of psychology, not biology.

define non-artificial "real" love
define self-awareness

>we have no freewill
>we are esstially human robots guys
>its 100% the sub-concious in control I read this once
>oh noes Governemt brainwashing us we cant do anythin

Chemical reactions.
Chemical reactions.

i don't fucking get it, did we just watch different movies where the scene with pink Joi doesn't exist in yours or what?
how can you misunderstand a movie this bad? are you just that desperate for a happy ending?

>Neither was the hologram
The problem is that you're just asserting this to be true without explaining why it's true.
Joi acts like a human. She grows and learns new things. She's cold to a hooker who she perceives as a threat to her relationship with K. She *says* she feels things. She *says* she thinks. She talks about *herself* in a self-aware way.
I'll say to you what I said to the other guy; read about the Turing test.

But I'm correct. If the human mind is seated in the brain, then it's necessarily deterministic.

>How do I know the people I talk to IRL aren't just programmed to respond to me in a way that mimics intelligence and self-awareness.
I highly doubt this is the rabbit hole they wanted you to go down with this film, but its atleast interesting this sort of debate has sprung from it

Not completely true or correct at all. Its called self control and awareness. We arent apes in the wild.

I think it probably is, to an extent. BR2049 is basically about the blurred line between what we traditionally perceive as real and unreal.