CN rushed the final Regular Show season so hard that they haven't even finished the final work on the finale yet

CN rushed the final Regular Show season so hard that they haven't even finished the final work on the finale yet.

twitter.com/SeanSzeles/status/817199233090490369

So basically it's airing as soon as it's completed next Monday. That's the reason it's airing on a Monday during a Teen Titans all day marathon, instead of at a better time like on the Network Premiere day Thursday, which has no new episodes that week so it would've been a perfect placement.

I didn't realize Regular Show still existed

I watched it until Season 5 but then I didn't know about new episodes because it wasn't made apparent.

Wait, RS ends this week?

>The show revolves around main characters being cucks
>The show itself gets cucked

L O L
O O
L O L

Next Monday. The penultimate episodes are on Saturday at 12 PM, but CN put the episodes online early and by chance some people found it and put it on Mega. I don't have the links but if you want them I'll search.

...which is why it's being canned. Plus it's been around for a good time.
It lasted longer than the original powerpuff girls and the creator wanted it canceled because it had a long enough run.

Not sure what's with the bitching along AT. Do people want seasonal rot? Do people want a zombie series like simpons, FOP, or spongebob

At this point, it's expected of Cartoon Network. They treat all their shows like shit aside from TTG! or Mighty Magiswords. What I'm really worried about is how this finale's gonna play out. Will it actually give the show some satisfying closure? The Space Adventures in general were fun at first, but as soon as they completely abandoned everything for the Pops/Chosen One/Rebirth of the Universe plot, I realized that JG Quintel and his crew really didn't know what the hell they were doing. It's very unlikely that a 22-minute two-parter is gonna have enough time to pull off an
E P I C, C O S M I C B A T T L E and still allow Mordo & Rigs to officially leave The Park in the end. This series finale's gonna be an even bigger mess than "Weirdmageddon 3".
Next week. Monday, January 16th at 6/5c (a.k.a. The 'Fuck You' Timeslot).

This isn't about wanting more seasons, it's about proper treatment on the final one and this is some bullshit. They're airing the finale the minute they get it finished. That's getting it out of the way so CN can be more fuck all later.

In fact this is hardly about Regular Show at all, it's about CN's lack of caring about cartoons. This is one of the better topics because it's ending and the treatment as it's ending is worse than, say, not enough SU reruns or AT not getting a 10th season. Those don't compare to what this show is going through.

Oh my god that scene was adorable. Maellard's Package was fucking great.

>Cartoon Network. The best place for cartoons!

Leaving the park is no longer important, since it's now a job that actually means something since they're now fucking astronauts, the greatest job ever.

CN is just fucking period.
>Treating RS like shit during it's final season, even after RS helped CN out of its slump.
>Leaking all episodes of the Steven Bomb a month early and playing it off like a marketing scheme, all while the creators were unaware.
>TTG marathons up the ass.
>Stalling on Lakewood Plaza Turbo even with fan demand.

I mean is Disney and Nick really any better? seems like all three treat their shows like shit (with few exceptions of course)

>playing it off like a marketing scheme
Don't do that, SU bro. They've done it to Regular Show for awhile, and I'm not even including the shit from this season. They premiered months early episodes from mid-season 7. It's not "playing it off" they're actually doing that, it's still retarded but don't blow it out of proportion because the creator didn't know.

A notable good thing Disney did was air all the Gravity Falls episodes in order on repeat over and over until the finale for a lot of days.

Regular Show gets jack shit but insult to injury is after an all day TTG marathon, which is only on that specific day.

Netflix is really the only place for cartoons now.
>CN is all TTG.
>Nick is all SpongeBob.
>[as] is all Fox reruns.
>Disney XD is a dumping ground.

They removed the episodes right after they made the announcement. I'm pretty sure they were covering their asses.

Really, it just shows how disconnected the network is with it's creators.

>since they're now fucking astronauts, the greatest job ever
>he never had a summer job as a cum taster in sweden

>>Disney XD is a dumping ground.
It's sad that Disney Channel is devoid of cartoons, like what the fuck. It's sad they put all their cartoons on a secondary less-owned network. I guess the upside is they don't focus on viewers as much to depend on getting renewed. I think the only way a show can get canned on that extras channel is if it offends someone or gets a few episodes with ratings .50 and under.

Nicktoons Network was essentially the first Disney XD, just a burial ground where cartoons come to die.

I'd hopw I'd never say this, but I miss Snyder.

I mean sure, he brought the dark age of the network with CN Real, but afterwards, at least he actually gave a fuck about the programs CN aired. The current president just made the network even worse by throwing every single cartoon that isn't TTG in the trash.

>covering their asses.
I'd try to kiss up to the fandom that made someone suicide over a drawing too.

Jokes aside, they got backlash for a marketing ploy which was dumb, and decided to take it back. SU fans are in high number and can get shit done.

Regular Show suffers from everything because even if people do speak up, it's mostly kids and teens from tumblr and twitter. SU has a huge adult following that does autistic letter sending and more.

I wonder if those rumors about her being a moral guardian are true.

Women piss me off. Almost all of 'em, and she's doing that gender no justice.

I heard she hates cartoons but that was just a rumor if I recall. She looks like such an uppity bitch from some movie.

>still insisting it's a marketing ploy
>the SU fandom barely complained

Bruh, it's not a pissing contest. Every show that's not TTG is getting treated like shit. Even Mighty Magiswords will probably get thrown to the wayside after a few more weeks.

>it's mostly kids and teens from tumblr and twitter. SU has a huge adult following that does autistic letter sending and more.
Right, because there are no adult followings in RS.
And there are no kid and teen Say fans in twitter and tumblr.
And people still right letters.

Betty Cohen was the president of CN from 1992 to 2001. Cartoon Network has been on the decline ever since she left. Samples was decent, Synder started out shitty but turned out decent, and Miller has been shit since the start and hasn't changed.

>>the SU fandom barely complained
That's a fucking lie. There's articles about them crying about it, that dumb bitch from the show who said "when you watch the leaks I don't get paid, thanks a lot!" and a few other notable different groups of people. It had a lot of bullshit on here too. I can only imagine how bad Tumblr got.

I'm not saying it's a contest about which show is getting treated worst, but it's obvious the things you're saying are constrewed.

Right now this is the only show that's ending, and it's one of the longest running shows currently airing, and for CN it should matter more but they're fucking it all to hell.

SU isn't ending, it still gets reruns, is at the forefront of most Thursday night promotions when it's airing, and guess what? Still gets noticed a lot on their marketing sites.

What else would SU fans be upset about aside from not enough reruns? Erratic airing schedule? Consider yourselves lucky the show hasn't ended 2 years ago from overairing.

>Right, because there are no adult followings in RS.
Not anymore, at least not in a vocal range. I, a friend, and some folks on here who claim to be adults are the only ones in the talkback threads anymore. In fact, I'm not even sure if the OP of those threads isn't a kid.

RS used to have an amazing adult following, which helped it get over 3.0 ratings for Season 4's premiere, but they dropped ship long ago, and the only people watching are kids on Tumblr, and a few adults here like myself.

Why would the old adults who watched the show but dropped it bother complaining about the treatment they're probably not aware of?

>Right now this is the only show that's ending, and it's one of the longest running shows currently airing, and for CN it should matter more but they're fucking it all to hell.
You say what that guy is saying is construed yet you forget about Gumball and AT.

Seems to me the incompetence that ran the show into the toilet strikes again rather than CN "rushing" it. I mean, they've known for months.

>that dumb bitch from the show who said "when you watch the leaks I don't get paid, thanks a lot!"
Because god forbid people's jobs suffer thanks to inept networks.

>I can only imagine how bad Tumblr got.
>Go to Tumblr.
>It's mostly people gushing about the new episodes.
>The posts talking about leaks just say to watch it officially or making memes about the situation.

And nothing of value was lost

It's not even how it works. She was saying she wasn't going to get paid for her music.

Don't use that drastic "god forbid" cherrypicking on me. It's all you SU fags can fucking do.

>There's articles about them crying about it, that dumb bitch from the show who said "when you watch the leaks I don't get paid, thanks a lot!" and a few other notable different groups of people.
This taco is so bland without the sauce.

I'm not going to fucking spoonfeed you. Can you not try it yourself just once, dipshit? If you looked it up you'd find the articles. I don't know why you dumbasses can't type in shit on google.

That's...still bad. Although does this "dumb bitch" work on the show in any capacity?
Also
>Assuming an SU fag.
>Accusing me of cherry picking.
I'm not even an SU fag but your butthurt is hilarious.

Nice copypasta.

>I'm not saying it's a contest about which show is getting treated worst

You've been saying this for months. But what you said after is what's really important:

>Right now this is the only show that's ending
>SU isn't ending

No. Fucking. Shit.

That's what people have been trying to tell you for months. RS is ending. It had its run. You're not entitled to repeats. You're not entitled to a marathon. You're not entitled to commercials every break (which the finale HAS actually been getting.) You're not entitled to the timeslot you think is best (8pm is still the most desired slot on every network, and noon on Saturday is still great for toons.) You're not entitled to some big sobby celebration about a show that has been overshadowed by almost every other one.

Hell, you're not even entitled to a final episode, much less a full final season.

Don't get me wrong, those things would be NICE, but your spoiled entitled crying has always been ridiculous. Retain some dignity before it's over.

You're braindead. It's almost unbelievable.

>Nick
To be fair, they did find a suitable sparring partner for the Sponge
>Disney XD is a dumping ground
Except Disney still cares what they put on XD and try their best to keep them alive and respected. Nicktoons and Boomerang are more dumping grounds than XD is

Are all RS fags this insufferable?
Or did the good ones leave and the only trolls are left.

>You've been saying this for months.
This is my first thread on the subject? I'm not going to respond to the rest since it's based on something wrong. You can think I'm lying but this is a misunderstanding, you're confusing me with I think the OP of the episode threads.

>Except Disney still cares what they put on XD and try their best to keep them alive and respected.
>Cancelled WOY because "two seasons were enough" but begged Alex Hirsch to make more GF.

They are really pushing TTG to be their Spongebob but it's just not going to happen. Not in the sense that some people hate it. it just lacks the same kind "charm" and that "recognizable-ness" that make their characters icons that currently renders spongebob immoratal.

FOP tries but they constantly get canned and they always ways to change things up.

How ironic would this be when TLH is miles to death by Nick?

>some CN shows have their episodes ready like a year in advance because CN puts them on hiatus for fucking forever and refuses to air them
>fucks over RS by doing the opposite to the extreme

It's impressive how CN covers all the bases of retardation.

>mah WoY
Cry me a river, at least you finished your series.

>Are all RS fags this insufferable?
I'm a fan of reading about CN mishaps, you're being insufferable about shoehorning SU in saying "CN tried to say it was a "marketing scheme" when really they just have it out for the show". It was a marketing scheme, that's all there was to it. It's dumb, but they do it to every show. They've done it to Gumball, RS, AT, and especially TTG. They don't promote it on TV but they do promote the CN App itself. They're motives are shit but it's not about what this thread is, it's a dumb marketing scheme which you failed to comprehend. They only took it down because there was a backlash. No one from the Gumball fandom or the others commented on it beyond in the Sup Forums threads with "A new episode leaked, once it's uploaded we can talk about it", and in RS' case, just a handful of people are even following the show to know what's going on.

Despite TTG being told as the biggest and most popular show on the network, SU has a higher following and get noticed easier by CN. It's a wonder they even took them down from the backlash they noted. I'm assuming it was internal discussions though, especially with that singer/voice actor saying she wasn't going to get paid or something due to thinking it leaked on accident.

No one on the crew of any show know when an episode airs on their App unless fans talk about it. Lots of Regular Show crew members check Wikipedia to even know when episodes air, it's a deep internal discussion.

Plus, SpongeBob is an original IP wholly owned by Nick (and Viacom).

TTG is based on an existing show and is shared by DC Comics and CN.

Jesus christ, this image pisses me off. They were dropping hints of a big character shift coming for Mordecai; that scene in particular standing out. Then JQ says the next season will be "completely different" and I was excited for what seemed to be leading up to a character driven final season.

Of course, what we got feels like a season of a cartoon that's jumped the shark and is trying something new out of desperation, it's frustratingly disappointing for one of my all-time favorite cartoons to go out like this.

>We had so many more stories to tell in Season 3.
-Craig McCracken

Nope just this manchild, who is the only reason RS even gets threads on here anymore so he can piss himself over how poorly it's been treated with its six seasons and loads of merchandise and formal sendoff that 95% of cartoons never have and never will get.

If he wasn't around, the finale thread would get posted ten minutes into the episode and it would get like 50 posts from people who didn't realize it was ending but do realize they don't care because it became shit, as surely will be reflected in the finale. As it deserves.

I thought Mordecai was going to leave the park too.

Now he can only leave in 2 ways- they all decide to stay space warriors or something or they go back to Earth and settle in, and everyone ends up leaving to do what the end result would've been for everyone, to where Mordecai leaving doesn't hold it's own weight.

I was hoping after the season in space was confirmed, JG was going to just go all out and parody the shark jumping ordeal, but no, he just literally jumped the shark.

No one is shoehorning SU into anything; I actually mentioned other problems with other shows. You zeroed in on SU for some reason.

And I know other shows get leaked but five episodes a month before schedule? And the fact that they took them down shortly? I never said CN had it out for SU (that would probably be AT and RS) but goddamn are they incompetent.

And you're going to need to put a source on this backlash. All I've seen on Sup Forums and tumblr is people creaming over the episodes and the song.

>Snyder stopped being CEO! Maybe the new one will be better and make CN great again!

I'm genuinely dissappointed in this too though.
I was never the biggest RS fan but I recognize that it helped CN a lot during the 2010s and it's a shame they're treating it this way.

Those shows weren't made with a story in mind, complain all you want about them for going on for too long (especially FOP), but I'm not as bothered by them as say.... a show that does have a story in mind and goes on for too long to the point where any conclusion that is gonna be reached is gonna be unsatisfactory looks at Adventure Time

It's wild you've been in every single thread though, like you're trying to be more of an obnoxious retard than him. I don't wet myself to these threads but I don't find them too terribly obnoxious. They're pointing out real problems with a network like this. It's not about being entitled like you said, it's obviously just about mistreatment in general. You're picking and choosing things out of these threads to be overly picky about. Some of these arguments are pointless, it doesn't need a marathon, and 8 pm is alright, but you can't denounce everything so hard because one guy keeps talking about it over and over.

This show still does have a following, they just lurk more often than post. It doesn't deserve what's happening. I don't know why you hate the show so much you think no one cares at all beyond this one vocal kid, but you're always here.

It's like a double sided autistic object. You consider this obnoxious and unneeded, as do I to an extent, but you're just making it worse in every regard because you end up provoking him sometimes or whoever it is talking about it. It just turns to a circlejerk.

The focus on SU came from what you said about it that apparently isn't in the same regards to the others. Also the episode came in all at once because they're airing together on TV. If they were split up by weeks the episodes would've been put up online a week apart (but still a month early to their tv counterparts).

I never said it wasn't in the same regards as others. Also, it wasn't going to be weekly, it was going to be in the Bomb format; new episodes every week.

>like you're trying to be more of an obnoxious retard than him.
What the hell did I do? I never even downplayed what was happening to RS; it genuinely is a shame and should be treated better.

No I think he was saying it wasn't the same kind of mistreatment. On the same level.

Well again, I wasn't trying to make it a pissing contest. It's not who gets treated worse, it's the fact they're treated this way period.

Do WBB and Clarence reruns come out anymore?

>What the hell did I do?
You repeat in every thread that this guy is a manchild, he's feeling entitled, he isn't owed anything, the show is shit, no one cares about it, etc. etc. You even said in that post it deserves this.

You did downplay it by saying none of it was needed in the first place and that the show is horrible.

...Wrong guy.

I also meant to respond to the part where you said you didn't mean it would be a week apart. That was my example of why it was 5 episodes in advance of a month. It's because it's a bomb schedule and the episodes are paired together on TV, so they're paired together on the online release which happened to be a month in advance. If it was a week apart for each, it would've been such for the month early releases.

Not really for Clarence I don't think but there's still WBB reruns about as much as Gumball on a decent day.

I'm not sure that's how SU does it's bomb formats.
On that note, fuck Miller for spreading the bomb format everywhere. Just because it worked for SU doesn't mean it works for others.

Don't get me wrong, I was genuinely a Regular Show fan for a long time. I finally threw my hands up after the last crock of crap with Mordecai at the wedding. I've since seen the stuff with Rigby trying to do better for Eileen, and that's legitimately sweet, but it's the only decent thing the show has done. The rest is pretty shit.

Now, I'll actually agree, the network could at least bother to do semi-regular repeats (this is true of a lot of their shows; there's no denying TT:Go is dominant.)

And I hate to agree with this dope, but a small marathon (not every single episode) of some of the more classic/monumental episodes would have been nice too.

But my god, if you've been a single RS thread in the last six months, you know what a petulant child this guy has been. And it's really damn annoying considering the show is getting as good a farewell as you could hope for, but it's just not good enough for him.

As an actual fan of RS, I hate these threads always being started based on outrage at the show's treatment, which isn't great but hardly unjust. It'd be nice to see a little excitement or an attempt to get others excited, instead of constant whining and anticipation of it.

It's pretty bad how obvious it is to even normies how it's being rushed.

The Halloween episode aired out of order because they dumped so many episodes at once but for some reason cared enough to hold the Halloween episode to it's holiday (excluding airing it online multiple weeks early). A writer of the show said that they didn't expect the episodes to be dumped like this and that it was in fact out of order. People presumed at first the episodes were airing for 3 weeks so much so they could get to the halloween/other holiday episode(s) on time, but that wasn't even the case.

Come to now and they're airing it on a Monday (not the designated premiere night) in the midst of a TTG all day marathon. It just had to be on that day. It would've been fine if they couldn't fit the 1 hour long episode on Thursday (they still could've split them up so each episode could've been on the designated premiere night of each week though) but no, there's no new episodes that Thursday. It would've done just fine there and would've been in the premiere time they've run into kids' heads since like, I don't know, 2012? Instead they put it on a day they chose for all TTG time, and random movie placements before the finale too.

>Pretending you're someone else you can defend yourself.

You've done this for months too. And poorly I might add.

Should have responded to the SU guy in a separate post, lest you make yourself so obvious.

My condolences to you user. You've had to put up with a lot of bullshit.

May whatever shows you follow bring more joy than SU did.

>I'm not sure that's how SU does it's bomb formats.
No man I'm saying they decided for this one specific bomb that they'd air the episodes a month in advance on their App, but if the episodes weren't paired together on their bomb format throughout that upcoming week, they wouldn't be posted together online. If the episodes were normal weekly airings, the episodes would be posted a month in advance prior to each week. Each week's episode, a month in advance for each, would be posted on the App.

Everyone dumped it at the wedding, but after that they stopped with Mordecai's troubles. Try watching Sleep Cycle for the best of the episodic fun in my opinion.

>as good a farewell as you could hope for
I mean it got a finale, which is the least they could do. They didn't even renew them for a full season.

These threads are annoying but I come into them because there's always something new CN throws out to be dumb.

There's no telling you I'm not the same guy if you're going to pull this, whether or not he's done this or you assumed it like you're doing now.

I really hate getting called someone from a thread I wasn't in because it sets up my appearance in these threads unjustifiably. I'm not that guy but I'm not going to get mad that you think so because I said the same things he apparently did.

My bad for talking about treaded waters.

Guy that's doing these threads, do it less often.

Guy that comes in here complaining about said threads, lurk or hide the thread so you won't have to see it anymore.

Everyone just shut the fuck up. I'm slightly disappointed in all this but it's obvious your two opinions don't sync up and they never will. Guy that's talking about these threads being annoying, you're only goal would be to get people to stop coming into these threads, but if people want to talk about it, let them do it.

Guy making these threads, CN isn't going to change their way because you complained, but if you still want to talk to the few people you get in these threads, so be it.

Does that fucking handle it? God damn, I just want to talk about RS before it ends but it's always a fight. Always. Without fail, and there wouldn't even be one without the secondary factor of the instigator.

So with RS ending, who will be the successor?

Long Live the Royals is rumored to get a full show and AJ's Infinite Summer might move on up now. Hell, Paranormal Roomates might finally get greenlit.

Great conversation starter.

Successor by crew, you can have Long Live the Royals, AJ's Infinite Summer, and Infinity Train. Possibly others if JG and the rest of the crew decide to work on something.

In the scheduled lineup, we've got Ben 10 and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: The Series coming out after it ends.

Something a hell of a better. Not Long Live the Royals, that already bombed like shit. Probably not Infinity Train either, that looks like shit. That show with the ghost roommates might be ok, even if the concept is kinda hackneyed.

>Ben 10
>Cloudy
That's it? That's a barren line up.

*hell of a lot better. If if it's true what said that RS crew is on Royals and Train, then no wonder they're the weaker options. More of the same lame.

To this day, I wonder if Royals was only greenlit because of some sort of contract dispute. It was only 4 episodes and barely advertised.

Infinity Train would work as a 10 episode miniseries and could have the same street cred as OtGW.

That I know of it is. There's probably more just starting production ideas that haven't surfaced to announcement yet.

They're fine with what they have though to fill up a schedule. On the offchance TTG all day just won't do, they have nu PPG, those 2 upcoming shows, WBB, Wabbit, Sonic Boom, Gumball, Adventure Time, and probably a few more.

A miniseries would be perfect. It having more than 10 episodes is already a set up for annoyance.

>Royals
Yeah, wasn't all that different from RS tone or humor wise. Wouldn't mind seeing more though.
>Infinity Train
Definitely not more of the same. We could use more cartoons that are story driven.

>muh plot
We need more episodic comedy that forces itself to be creative and fun instead of relying on "interesting mysteries" and upcoming setups, with comedy taking a backseat and when they do use it, it's the overused jokes we've always had.

We need another comedy series that pushes itself out of TTG territory to actually be something.

I think whatever's written on that notepad is really spoilery. I can read Lolliland, Aftermath, and Get Big.

spongebob looks like an aloof doofus (no that thats a bad thing) in the 1999 one and looks like a feminine libcuck in the 2014 (which i find funny but not charming)

>muh episodic comedy
The only story driven cartoons on CN are AT and SU and AT is on it's way out.

As for comedy with no plot;
>Gumball
>Clarence
>WBB
>Mighty Magiswords
>PPG (ugh)
>The upcoming CN shows

Another miniseries wouldn't hurt.

Train reminds me more of AT, and that's not exactly a great series anymore either. I feel like it would dial back on the story and dial up the quirk if it lasted very long.

>mighty magiswords

my eyes and stomach can't handle such flashy, annoying randomness and cringe.

It's alright. The pacing could use work but it's an okay cartoon all around.

Gumball has storylines set up for some reason.
We Bare Bears has Nom Nom and other character plots.

Also I was referring to if IT became an ongoing series. A miniseries would only work with plot and I'm fine with it being a miniseries.

The key word is anymore. Train reminds of Golden Age AT, especially that one where Finn rides the endless battle locomotive.

As some anons pointed out, making it a mini series would cover it lasting long.

Gumball is an inbetweener; more lore than shows like Clarence but not overarching enough like SU.

And yeah, I can't see IT becoming an ongoing series without completely dropping it's mystery angle.

I thought Lakewood got canned. Christ.

Four new shorts were released in 2016. They're stalling at this point.

>looks like a feminine libcuck

Personally this seems like the incoming of another dark age. They're not caring a show of this status is ending, and they're being very sloppy with it. Even if the show did go to shit, when has CN cared about shafting something that went to shit and "no one liked" if you personally think that? This show still had a fighting chance but showing that even when a series this long running is ending with this sort of treatment shows truly once and for all that if it isn't TTG, there's no hope. No one expected a TTG marathon on it's finale day, but it's just further proof that it's the only show they care about at all, to no limit. No show is safe.

This image hurts to look at

mostly because of the colors but you get my point

>Leaking all episodes of the Steven Bomb a month early and playing it off like a marketing scheme, all while the creators were unaware.

Did they actually say that, or are you just drawing conclusions?