The Simpsons

Which was the last good one?

Season 9 and also you realize if the Simpsons had ended at that point, it could have been rebooted since and refreshed for the 2010s.

In a parallel universe where The Simpsons died by 2000, that would be a guarantee.

>parallel universe
Wasn't that a RHCP song?

>inb4 Boco

#end this shitshow now
#save Julie's throat before it's too late

lyl

But would it have been any good?

Anything would be better than the trash now. It's not merely a case of being out of ideas, the writing is just incredibly, horribly bad. They can't figure out how to make a plot flow coherently or even follow their own internal logic. They can't write jokes that are even slightly funny. They cut the running time of the show down by two minutes since the HD switch, but still need extended length couch gags to pad it out.

And I have no idea how Fox hasn't put a stop to it. There's a point where a show of this poor quality should be considered a liability to the network.

Way back when the show first started, Sam Simon made a deal with Fox that the writers had total creative freedom, so long as they met the network's budget/deadline/content rules. This was actually very similar to classic era Warner Bros cartoons which had a similar setup (do anything you want provided it's on time, on budget, and complies with the Hayes Code). Most network shows don't have this privilege and it's one reason for the reluctance of guys like Al Jean and Matt Selman to do other stuff, they won't have the same creative freedom and no network interference. While this was a big asset in 1990, it's starting to backfire now since the show is complete trash but Fox can't really do anything to stop it.

How many people have watched ALL the episodes? Has Groening himself even watched them all? I doubt it.

I agree, though I love some of the tween season episodes too much like HOMR, I'm Furious Yellow and Trilogy of Error.

>How many people have watched ALL the episodes?
Cordless supposedly has.

Behind the Laughter is pretty much the secret series finale, after that it's full on zombie simpsons

That episode was complete trash and the show was going downhill well before it aired.

Simple, it was season three.

I think the show still prints money

Dude should just come out and admit he's gay. As if his muscle girl fetish wasn't a clue-in.

It doesn't though, they get about 3 million viewers per new episode while they averaged 15 million in Season 5.

I honestly can't think of anything I didn't like in Season 8, but it has been a long time.

Season 8 started to get limp near the end.

I think Al Jean lives in a dream world honestly.

I am pretty sure it is too late.

Meaning before she loses her ability to speak entirely.

How does that count when you regularize for how much less viewers tv has in general now.

Honestly, she basically sounds like Homer in Bart the General (the web cartoon, not the Simpsons episode) now.

Even that's way too many. Just who are these people who even watch this crap? Surely NoHomers posters and Boco aren't numerous enough to account for it.

Clarence Nash did a worse voice for far longer and at a much older age than her desu. Not to say it wasn't hell for him towards the end.

Season 9 was the last season with more good episodes than bad

He wasn't as active in his later years though, the amount of work he did dropped off considerably after Disney closed their theatrical short division in 1962.

Technically, it's season 10, because the first run of episodes there were all done as part of season 9, but held over.

People with congenital and mental deformities.

I dunno, I'm pretty lenient towards the Simpsons. At the 10th season, it kinda stopped being every-episode's-good quality, but still "good enough". At season 11, the ratio of good to bad episodes increased slightly, but not too much. Season 12 is where episodes start to be very hit or miss; a good amount of episodes are still enjoyable, but an equal amount are just not worth sitting through. From this point on the ratio of good to bad episodes goes up and up until you get to the current point where it's incredibly unlikely for the episodes to be good.

Being pretty generous here but I would have to say season 13 was the final season to watch cause of the Stan Lee episode, aka the truly last funny episode of the entire show.

I'm lenient enough to argue that there were still good, possibly great episodes up until the HD switch, but I refuse to watch anything in Season 20+ under any circumstance.

By the time Matt moved on to doing Futurama.

anyone who likes anything past this point is an autistic retard and must be killed

My throat hurts just looking at her.

Season 7.

Me, those guys who won the marathon and i presume a few of the people who work on the show.