/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Heart Warming Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rebels 3.11: "Ghosts of Geonosis"

>Rebels Recon: Ghosts of Geonosis
youtube.com/watch?v=NM7pTSxJKyY

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!6kczUR6L!03HhW1zTC92RQPHlO3Yi0w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Imagine what could have happened if Satine survived Maul's batshittery and convinced Obiwan to leave the Order.

What goes on in Anakin's head after that?

Even more anal with Padme, like usual

Obi-Wan's already drank the koolaid, he wouldn't go for Satine now.

He would've left the Order.

goddammit I fucking love the battle over coruscant

For a newcomer to The Clone Wars, is it better to watch in chronological order or episode order?

>obi-wan leaves jedi order for a girl
>anakin follows suit for the same reason
there are 3 ways this will go down
>they are stripped of their jedi honor, and go down in shame
>their decision is respected, although they are removed from active service
>it causes a whole bunch of jedi to leave, and force a rewriting of their rules, to allow for personal relationships but somehow avoiding that attachment problem

Did everybody forget Hondo's late Christmas present?

mega.nz/#F!6kczUR6L!03HhW1zTC92RQPHlO3Yi0w

Or was it already added to the season 3 mega?

Chronological order, always.

I honestly believe that if Obi-Wan had left, the second Ahsoka said she was leaving too, Anakin would have left with her.

Anakin is having to constantly force himself to believe in the Jedi. His Master AND Apprentice call bullshit and leave? No reason he'd stay.

It would have been a much happier ending...

Chronological and episode order aren't too different, so I'd go with chronological.

Obi-Wan and Anakin's decision to leave would be mostly respected. Yoda and the others would okay with it, but ask Obi-Wan to reconsider. Windu would be a dick about it. A few would follow them, but not many. It would take years for many more to leave for similar reasons while the Jedi Order undergoes reform.

Sheev gets roasted without Anakin there to save him, but might find another apprentice while Anakin and Padme disappear for a while to spend time by themselves.

Padme's career comes under minor scrutiny but endures.

Obi-Wan stays sassy as fuck

What about the 501st?

SHE'S NOT DEAD

Mass defections seems like the most likely thing. Anakin and Obi-wan are both big heroes, and Anakin is buddies with Palpatine. Either the Jedi just kinda deal with it and reform, or Palpatine seizes the opportunity and tries to make his own force wielding knights.

Sheev would get destroyed by whatever Jedi go to arrest him before he can execute it.

No Anakin to save him from Windu's wrath

It's already added to the Season 3 MEGA. The link Hondo provides is to the folder that's already in the pastebin.

Sheev would have convinced him otherwise. His duty, etc etc. I think it would have hastened Anakin's downfall, to be honest. With Ahsoka gone for so long and even after she returns she and Rex are on Mandalore, feels like Obi-Wan was the only thing keeping Anakin grounded.

It's hard to say, exactly, but Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship seemed to take the worst hit not when Obi-Wan was relying spying missions from the Council or getting the duty to stop Grievous that Anakin felt should be his own, but when he started having visions that were making him jealous. Not to mention Obi-Wan was off-world when Anakin fell.

Which raises an interesting point. Suppose, just suppose that Obi-Wan was the one trying to arrest the Chancellor and he won. Maybe Sheev through the fight which is an old "did he, didn't he" with Mace. Say Obi-Wan won and say (though I don't think he would) he decided Sheev was too dangerous to keep alive.

Would Anakin have turned on Obi-Wan and cut off his friend and brother's hand?

>implying Sheev wouldn't employ him as his bodyguard and teach him to be a real master

but what if Sheev got Anakin to work DIRECTLY under him upon him leaving the Order?

So, I want to run something past everyone to know whether its too edgy for a Star Wars story. Its just about one character, a relatively small detail.

>even after she returns she and Rex are on Mandalore
when did this happen? Season 6 of TCW ended without another mention of her

People will tell you chronological episode, but there's only a few times where that actually helps, and actually throws you into the show without much setup. Production order works better for newcomers, since there's really only a few episodes in season 3 that really mess with the timeline.

I think Anakin would probably just bounce from all that shit.

sure

Sweet!

I wonder if maybe for the first few threads it would be a good idea to still list the individual mega in the OP? I know, I know, not everyone checks the OP but maybe for those who at least ctrl-f to find the mega?

It was an unfinished arc of TCW, but it's mentioned in Rebels and the Ahsoka novel features a little bit of it

TCW was originally going to end on 8 seasons with Ahsoka and Rex at the Siege of Mandalore during ROTS as the grand finale.

A Sith that soaks his battle armor in the blood of his enemies and allows it to dry forming a layer of caked putrid blood that gives it a dark red color and a horrid stench that throws off some enemies in battle.

The show was going to end with the Siege of Mandalore. Ahsoka and Rex, along with (what I assume) Torrent Company, invade Mandalore. Maul is deposed and the planet enters a military occupation.

Rebels mentions Ahsoka and Rex being at the Siege of Mandalore.

Background material. We know that Ahsoka was hunting Maul with Rex during the Siege of Mandalore when Order 66 went down. Anakin and Obi-Wan were originally planning to take part in the Siege but they were recalled when the Chancellor was kidnapped.

I don't know how many details we have yet. Maul obviously escapes, but I don't know if he did his whole Team Rocket thing or if Order 66 screwed up the hunt for him.

and that isnt the edgiest thing to come out of fans

like hell he would, him and Sheev were best buds and Anakin genuinely trusted him

I feel like the Order would never reform unless Yoda was out or dead. I read a post on Tumblr bringing up an interesting point. Most Jedi in the order come from races that have a double digit lifespan. Yoda would have ended up outliving the majority of Jedi he knew from when he joined to the end when Order 66 happened. Every time new Jedi came in to replace old ones that died out, Yoda had more of a chance to implement what he felt was best for the order rule-wise. Eventually these rules just held in place and became the "Jedi way" which is really just Yoda's way. Without him, things would actually be able to chance.

They'd get another General to lead them. They went through Krell and Anakin, they'd probably get another Jedi. Maybe Depa once she recovered in the Bacta, would be sent to help the 501st as there was the vacancy.

Alternatively, like Ahsoka at the Siege of Mandalore, they may have still offered their services to the war, despite not being officially Jedi.

Sheev may try more to manipulate Anakin, but it'd be harder to do without Anakin under pressure from the council.

Also the entire "they're asking you to spy on me" manipulation probably wouldn't have happened, Anakin would probably never have known if/when the Jedi went to arrest Sheev, who presumably wouldn't have manipulated Anakin to the extent we see in RotS by this point, so Sheev would have died/killed all the Jedi.

Then its really unknown what would have happened. Would Sheev have been forced to execute Order 66 without Vader? Would Anakin, Ahsoka, Yoda and Ahsoka all go to face Sheev and save the Galaxy? Would Ahsoka and Obi-Wan, having stuck by Anakin and all left the Order together, been more trustworthy and emotionally relieving to him, having offered him better guidance regarding his horrible dreams/visions?

It's all a mystery but I feel like things would have worked out in a far less tragic manner had they all left the crumbling order.

That being said, the Mortis arc has depressing implications about Anakin's inevitability to fail to avoid turning to the dark side to do what he believes is good. Perhaps it was truly inevitable.

how could Maul have been still in charge of Mandalore by S8 if he got royally BTFO by Sheev in S5?

It's pretty damn surreal seeing Snipstroopers given they're taking part in a hunt for Maul on Mandalore when he has Mandalorian Super Commandos marking up their armor to honor him.

"Sorry Sheev, I kinda just hang around you because you're nice to me and I feel bad for you being so old and all, but now that Im stress free from the order I'm gonna go to some paradise planet. See ya"

when you are 900 years old, you will have had plenty of time to see what works and what doesnt

anakin did not pan out

Did you not read Son of Dathomir? Or realize that he doesn't actually die in TCW?

is this official art? how could Ahsoka have full command over a battalion of clones (complete with them repainting their armor for her) if she was no longer a Jedi?

Comic has him escape from captivity by Mangos that are still loyal to him

Rex is in command.

Read Son of Dathomir.

He'd be victim to the first rainstorm, which is frankly the ultimately emo irony. How do you lounge in the rain to hide your tears when it risks washing off your caked blood Maximum AIDs armor?

>is this official art?
Yes. That's why it has a tumblr link on it.

Sheev only comes in to take Savage away from Maul, for trying to create a new couple for the Rule of Two. He doesn't do it to take away Maul's empire on Mandalore.

I can see the tumblr link but that doesn't tell me if the art was an official commission by the showwriters

Read Son of Dathomir.

TL;DR-

Mandalorians break Maul out of his imprisonment, but Sheev reveals it was all according to plan. Maul and his Mandalorians face off against both droid and Clone forces, resulting in Maul dueling Greivous, and capturing Dooku after Dooku kills that qt red scottish alien from Season 6 of TCW.

Then Sheev shows up in an odd but awesome Bro-op with Greivous to rescue Dooku, and kill Talzin, Sheev's plan all along.

Maul escapes with his Mandalorians at the last moment, and presumably regroups, albiet his forces much weakened now.

This is where the Seige of Mandalore would happen, in which the 501st would attempt to free Mandalore, although their success only handed the planet over to the Empire, and sent Maul back into hiding for the next 15~ years,

Anakin and Obi-Wan were the ones going to invade Mandalore but were recalled back to Coruscant since Grievous had just kidnapped Sheev.

Anakin gave Ahsoka her lightsabers back along with her husba- Rex.

Also they were going to be painted with Ahsoka's color and patterns

Damn, Sheev is a total dick

Well it isn't suppose to be his only characteristic, its just a practice of his.

Maybe. You could ask around the time we need a new thread for someone to add it to the OP.

The clones changing their armor to fit her is canon. We've known that since I believe Celebration, specifically the Ahsoka panel. Dave talks about this moment when she's uncertain as he leaves in her in de facto command of a portion of the 501st with Rex. When she enters the room she finds the clones have repainted their armor to honor their old commander.

its called the dark side, and not the sunshine and flower side, for a reason

>there are people who can't enjoy or won't even play the KOTOR games, Rogue Squadron or Battlefront 2 cause they aren't canon

isn't the 501st still under Anakin's command? or did he just let Ahsoka take some of his troops

are Ahsoka and Rex OTP?

Don't forget user, there can only be two Sith active at one time. That's why Maul ends up getting rid of his Sith-earned title and denouncing that path.

I am pretty sure the vast majority of us played and enjoyed those games user, what the fuck are you talking about?

I can't enjoy them because they're not very good games

for most people

Probably not worth it. People will forget and odds are we'll have people asking, "Where the mega at?" because they never check the OP first.

but Sheev seems to take so much enjoyment out of it, is he the most sadistic character in the whole setting?

The final arc of TCW was going to have Anakin talk to Ahsoka one last time. He gives her half of his troops, and she heads to Mandalore, and he to Coruscant (start of RotS)

Anakin gave her Rex and Torrent Company

They're very good friends

I think Sheev is in too deep for him to care.

He would twist Anakin's disdain for the Jedi and together they will make the Republic stronger, and Anakin would become the true successor to the Sith legacy as Sheev intended.

Filoni only has Anakin give Ahsoka Rex back for Mandalore to have a reason why he wasn't in ROTS. There's no second meaning to be had there.

Rex was too friendly with the Jedi as a whole, and he found out about the chips that made clones kill Jedi. There's no way he would have been written into ROTS to be a Jedi killer like his brothers.

yes, explicitly made to be as evil as possible
when asked what to make him like in RotJ, they replied make him satan

Some of those designs are so much better than others. I'm looking at you, second dude from the left. What the fuck were you thinking.

do very good friends hold hands?

often

Why are we talking about Ahsoka and Luke all of a sudden?

And they hug a lot.

we aren't though, fuck off

You're unwanted here, user.

Times were people were swearing he had to die since we never saw him in ROTS and that asshole Appo was Commander of the 501st during Knightfall.

Does this mean that Kanan and Ezra can survive past ROTJ despite people swearing they have to die? It wouldn't change things either way, it's totally unconnected.

Because Mara Jade is the superior waifu for Luke

That's not nice.

that doesn't sound like the Jedi way

The last episode I remember watching of TCW was when Anakin saw that he would become vader. How is it after that episode? What is Sup Forums's opinion on TCW?

kanan and ezra will live till TFA maximum, when kylo and his garage band wipe them out

a common joke is that the bearded rebel trooper in RotJ is actually rex

Exactly. The GCW is more than Scarif, Yavin, Hoth and Endor. There's a mostly-unlimited amount of battles to be created for the GCW to explain why Ezra and Kanan weren't at the same ones the main OT cast were.

kyleposting is my favorite

We aren't just joking. Dave said he's doing everything he can to make Kathleen allow him to make Nik Santa Claus into Rex.

>How is it after that episode?
Gets even better

>What is Sup Forums's opinion on TCW?
It's pretty damned good.

They themselves said it. They are no Jedi.

I heard that very good friends like Ahsoka and Rex are known to have respectful, loving sex in the missionary position with the lights off. Is that true?

Did someone new write these latest episodes? The writing was bad. I mean half the dialogue felt like it was written by a fan or something and the way the conflict played out was just dumb. Normally the writing on the show is better than this.

It gets continuously better.

My opinion is that TCW is not only a fantastic show, I consider it absolutely essential Star Wars content.

Considering the clips I've seen of Thrawn in the show, I'd wager that all the writing sucks.

That's what I felt too. The dialogue isn't as good as it was previously.

I thought it was mostly fine

They had to force the writing for Saw, at the least, to match up to Rogue One dialogue style.

>I'm going to complain about something I haven't even watched
Why the fuck do you even post here?

Because its a Star Wars general.