I'm with her

>I'm with her

Other urls found in this thread:

thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/women-and-war/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_World_War_II
youtube.com/watch?v=Pq4SSlsZ_p0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Through it in the trash and move on.

I've been looking for this image. Much appreciated.

You know it would be irresponsible to leave a child in the care of someone with such a high likelihood of death

Oh no, a female character raised primarly by females and whose most important interaction with men other than her father up until her teenage years were dudes trying to kill her thinks that war sucks more for women!

>War sucks most for women.

On the contrary, Women rights have actually increased more during wartime than otherwise.

thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/women-and-war/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_World_War_II

>During the 1885 North-West Resistance, women were admitted officially to the military for the first time, as nurses. Civilian nurses also accompanied the Yukon Field Force of 1898 and the Canadian contingent to the South African War. Into the 20th century, factors including the distance of conflicts and restrictive ideas about women's abilities combined to prevent direct participation by women as combatants. Nonetheless, during both the First and Second World Wars, women organized for home defence, outfitting themselves in uniforms, and training in rifle shooting and military drill.

>In 1917, amidst the tremendous reconfiguration of labour practices on the home front, the movement for women’s suffrage won a major victory with the passage of the Wartime Elections Act, which granted some women the right to vote in federal elections.

>While a few women had produced ammunition in factories during the South African War, during the First and Second World Wars they entered the munitions industry en masse. According to the Imperial Munitions Board, about 35,000 women worked in munitions factories in Ontario and Québec during the First World War. In 1943, approximately 261,000 women were involved in the production of war goods, accounting for more than 30 per cent of the aircraft industry, close to 50 per cent of the employees in many gun plants, and a distinct majority in munitions inspection.

It's an unpopular fact, but wartime service usually left women in a more desirable social standing than before.

Go post your male fragility elsewhere.

Why can't you people just accept that women have it worse than men?

during war, a woman prisoner has better chance to live because she's rapable. A man will be killed immediately.

And yet I never see anyone bitch about how all the other characters dismiss IV's PSTD.

>t. tumblrina

Can we please keep political shit off of Sup Forums? If you want to talk about political stuff that happened in a comic that's fine, but this is barely using something said in a comic years ago as an excuse to start a 500 reply thread arguing about feminism and inevitably Donald Trump.

But user, why talk about the comic when we can post an out of context panel and whine?

because they don't , shit a white woman has it the easiest (especially if she's attractive)

Exactly. And that's why it's worse for women. Men have the privilege of a quick death.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Sure, buddy. Tell that to the glass ceiling. Fuck we elected a molester instead of a woman, if that doesn't tell you society is decked in favor of men I don't know what will.

Fuck you. No really, go fuck yourself whoever wrote this garbage. I dont even have to look it up and I know you're a sheltered stuck up faggot with a childlike view of the world.

>Homocide Victims
LOL

If you can also tell comic creators to keep their political bullshit out of their comics

>keep any political opinions out of stories and art

Stop being retarded.

> comic about romance in time of war
> expect it not to address war

???

I'm not against a woman being in charge, but she was a shit candidate. Period. Learn to take a loss.

So where is this from? I would say Marvel, but in this case I'm unsure.

Then stop complaining when we talk about the political opinions imbedded in the stories and art

But user, think of the mothers, sisters, wives, and daughters of those 714,000 men who died at Verdun.

>instead of a woman
Yep, that's all that mattered about her. The fact that she was a woman was the most important thing.

She's a woman, Donald is mean and orange, and I get all my news form HuffPo, John Oliver, and the Daily Show

Saga

Prove it statistically or shoo shoo shitposter.

Good god, people. Now you're getting upset because you want to. Every character has spoken differently based on their experiences.

For example, Will and Brand both believe that war is worst for children, and IV believes that veterans who get traumas are weak.

BKV can't be this retarded, can he?
Maybe it's a case of the characters viewpoint not necessarily being accurate nor representative of the authors views

So the character is retarded?

Learning how to take a loss doesn't mean lying to yourself that it's for the best that the literal shittiest person in the running made it instead of an admittedly not good woman. Learning how to take a loss means getting better and not being beaten by the same shill bullshit twice.

I would argue in this case its particulary annoying because the writer is blatantly trying to get brownie points for shit they know nothing about and basically trying to put the "I have it harder" spin on war is pretty disgusting

>Winner of custody
this bring back many terrible memories. don't marry flighty broads, anons.

He wasn't, dummy

In the end it has to be this way. Sadly a lot of the things we as humans made and use, were implemented as tools of wars. War has even invigorated mankind in some ways. War is war, it will be here as long as we are here.

Yeah, those are Hazel's views, mostly because her father was literally the only positive male figure in her life, and all the women she knows except for her mother have died/gotten hurt as a result of the war.

Everyone is retarded. Including me

Yeah, it makes sense. It's always tough to figure out these things without proper context.
I'd still argue she's wrong, but whatever. A character has to be flawed in their own ways.

How is it different from IV saying that veterans that off themselves do so because they're weak? Or from the reporters saying that heterosexual sex is disgusting?

It's like Reagan said, maybe there's a need for an outsider force for humankind to come together and stop killing each other.

And that's a huge maybe.

Do you see them at all, or did she clean house?

You aren't supposed to take everything she says as 100% true, anyway. She has a rather bad opinion of prince robot, for example, even after he effectively fucks off and only returns to her life because her parents blackmailed him.

Obligatory.
youtube.com/watch?v=Pq4SSlsZ_p0

Not all wars are equal.

Fortunately, it's not me, but it's happened to a few of my friends. It's not fucking funny, you can actually see it slowly destroy a man, one of them even had to sleep on his car for a while. It's horrible.
It's what convinced me to take any relationship seriously, the pool is full of tricks and hoes.

I don't read Saga, but I appreciate you providing context.

But that guy won the white women vote.

The molester was the more sane choice in this case.
Says a lot about women, really.

The plot was made that way.
I can write story about a poor guy who wins the lottery and now thinks that will solve all his problems and it does.

The stupid idea works within the plot but it's still a shit idea.
That's just "a character opinion" is a cop-out.

Men are 97% of combat fatalities.

Men pay 97% of Alimony

Men make up 94% of work suicides.

Men make up 93% of work fatalities.

Men make up 81% of all war deaths.

Men lose custody in 84% of divorces.

80% of all suicides are men.

77% of homicide victims are men.

89% of men will be the victim of at least one violent crime.

Men are over twice as victimized by strangers as women.

Men are 165% more likely to be convicted than women.

Men get 63% longer sentences than women for the same crime.

Court bias against men is at least 6 times bigger than racial bias.

Males are discriminated against in school and universities.

Boys face vastly more corporal punishment than girls.

60-80% of the homeless are men.

Women's cancers receive 15 times more funding than men's.

At least 10% of fathers are victims of paternity fraud.

One third of all fathers in the USA have lost custody of children; most are expected to pay for this.

I fucking hate Trump, but I'm glad Hillary lost.

A lot of women voted for Trump because Hillary supported her husband who is an actual rapist.

>I fucking hate Trump, but I'm glad Hillary lost.
The fuck? What the hell does that have to do with Saga?

>women don't have to fight and die horribly overseas
>"women are the primary victims of war"

> characters aren't allowed to be flawed or wrong, ever.

Hillary lost because she's fucking HILLARY CLINTON.
I'm glad people caught on her shitty social justice millennial facade she build up.

Well he is dangerously psychotic at times

So long as the story implies they are wrong somehow it's fine, else the author just looks like an idiot. Just saying.

OP wrote "I'm with her", part of Hillary slogan during her campaign. She (Hillary) also stated at some point that women actually have it worst at war and other shit, I guess that's what user is talking with the last part.

Ah, okay. My bad.

Just keep doubling down on stupid
seriously keep up with the SJW and liberal fascism.
Call people racist and every "IST" in the book as often as you can .
Protest riot burn things
PLEASE continue

They can but when was the last time the main characters in a comic wasn't just poorly disguised self-inserts.

We know this idea is popular. Is there any indication that this character is wrong? Does she change her mind?

Trump is the new Godwins law

The comic is still ongoing. There are point where she has been shown to be wrong (like describing a mercenary as a complete monster, right before we're shown said mercenary saving a little girl from sex slavery.)

Yeah, but you'd think that of all people, Hazel would be sympathetic to a parent going to extreme lenghts to keep his family safe.

Male prisoners are raped all the time

fpbp I'm tired of all this history revision bullshit

If you think this stops randy barbarians, you're sorely mistaken. Sodomy is as old as humanity.

See that's what I don't get about writers today. Why are they so afraid of making a character flawed or imperfect? I mean take a characters like the New X-Men, Young Avengers and Initiative kids.

All of them were flawed in some way. They had problems and issues, either with themselves, others or the world. They could make mistakes, fuck up and they weren't always the best people, or paragons of idealism.

But, they were interesting. It was interesting to see them operate because you weren't always sure what would happen to them. Compare that to most of the new characters coming out. They are unfortunately just 'quirky', 'better than everyone' and if they are a minority, the thing that makes them 'diverse' is the only thing that is focused on.

Because when they do you get this kind of threads. "Hur durr why doesn't this character agree with me".

What did BKV really mean by this?

not memeing

Read the thread, an user already explained the context.

Keep that MRA propaganda to reddit where you guys can jerk eachother off about your victim complex.

This.
It's a pain in the ass for anyone that writes casually: You either need to make every character perfect and shiny flawless, a complete antihero or an everyman for people to get the hint.

Someone play devil's advocate and actually defend that statement please.

But isn't that good in a way? I would rather have a character who people could discuss their actions rather than a flawless individual who can do everything perfectly.

As an aspiring writer, it saddens me when a character, particularly a protagonist is flawless and the author is too afraid to make them unlikable in any shape or form. I love flawed protagonists. It part of the journey, whether or not the protagonist will overcome adversity.

I write for videogames and this drives me insane. Unless the flaw is exaggerated or the character is a caricature, people often equate character flaws with writing flaws.

what do you think is better, to die from a bullet or being raped day and night during a long period of time?

When the men of a tribe dies, the women gets enslaved and raped and made breeding sows.

>But isn't that good in a way? I would rather have a character who people could discuss their actions rather than a flawless individual who can do everything perfectly.

Discussion is great, but not when done in bait threads like this. In Saga threads we actually argued about it rather civily, and most people agree that both Will and IV have problems equally as valid as the leads, who are rather terrible people in their own right.

>die from a bullet
if only it was so simple, to just die from a bullet.

It's just women bitching about how they have to wait around at home while all the men they love die. It doesn't seem like something to be taken seriously

This is not an incorrect statement. The narrator is the main character grown up, so it's from her perspective.

I don't understand why guys (presumably) get so triggered by this. Did girls laugh at you in high school or something, and that's why you've sworn petty revenge on them for life?

this is kind of a good thing. Now the title of first female US president has a chance to go to a decent human being instead of Hillary Clinton.

>being raped day and night during a long period of time?
Am I fed, clothed and kept healthy? Do I get to have fun in between rapingsor during?

Man, it just makes me mad. I blame people overanalyzing writing who are trying to search for a message instead of enjoying a journey. Just because someone in a story holds certain beliefs doesn't mean the writer agrees with them.
One day I want to publish a story about people going on an adventure, just as a way to create some fantastic scenarios, and kick the first guy who asks what the moral of the story is in the teeth.

Just let the pissbabies wail against the oh so scary feminists.

you sound like you're just looking for ways to get mad about a comic you've never bothered to read

I'm surprised people find this the most infuriating part of BKV's stories, and not that fact that he has a knack for killing off all the decent characters that I like

the choice were you live with actual chances to survive the conflict is always best.

You know what's the worst? When the entire point of a character is for them to prove.

> write a love interest
> he's annoying and brash
> entire character arc is the player helping them become better people
> players complain that he's too annoying and brash

Yeah, I suppose. Tbqh, it is a bit sad to look in this thread. It's as says. The statement is from the main character. Not the author. It's her perspective from the things she has experienced.

Can you imagine how it must feel though? You have no idea what is going on, what your partner is experiencing. All you see is the News which tells of the seriousness of the conflict and how bad it is. Every knock at the door might be someone telling you that your partner is dead. Then, if they come back, there is a high chance that they'll be so broken psychologically or physically that it becomes almost impossible to communicate.

As shitty as it sounds, it is understandable why the divorce rates between a vet and their partner are so high.

I'm surprised that robot and sophie have lasted this long desu.

Can you imagine how it must feel though? You have no idea what is going on, what your partner is experiencing. All you see is maybe a one or two letters you recieved during your active deployment. Every bullet whizzing past your head could end your life and you'd never see them again. Then, when you come back, you're so broken psychologically or physically that it becomes almost impossible to communicate.

She moves on, you're stuck alone, broken, and then kill yourself.

>As shitty as it sounds, it is understandable why the divorce rates between a vet and their partner are so high

> that feel when IV had a fully supportive partner that didn't mind his erectile disfuction caused by trauma, that wanted to be a loving mother to his child and who also wanted him to be stand up to his abusive father so he could be happy with himself
> and then SHE DIED

>homocide
ahahahaha my world views were about to be challenged but then I saw a spelling mistake in your post hahaha nice try pal

>molester
Pic related

>a woman
It's really sad that's the biggest selling point you can think of for Hillary.

Then your ex-wife has to deal with the fact her once love killed himself after months and years of psychological and physical pain and torture. Imagine how awful she must feel. Bless her soul.