Because it's shit

>Amazing soundtrack
>beautiful animation
>memorable characters

what about it is shit exactly

The story and main character

Because this is posted every single time there is a thread about it

heh that's amazing

Reminder that this remains one of the biggest box office bombs of all time and pretty much killed theatrical 2D animation.

I thought Atlantis did that?

Because it honestly is mediocre at best and we lost traditional animation for the next few generations because of it.

It was the bomb of ElDorado and the success of Shrek that did it.

>mfw when I was there to witness this
It's always a great feeling being able to see these things unfold in real time.

They killed off the best guy
Fuck em

Treasure Planet cost about half again as much to make as either Atlantis or Road to El Dorado and only made slightly more than the latter while making about two thirds what Atlantis did.

It resulted in Disney's Orlando studio being killed off despite all of their films being fairly profitable and the announcement that Home on the Range would be the last 2D film even before it came out.

That's one of the reasons that The Princess and the Frog wound up costing as much as it did; they had to rebuild the 2D feature department since everybody was laid off after Home on the Range. That's why they had to outsource the animation for Enchanted.

Because it came out when everyone was shitting themselves over 3D animation.

>memorable characters
It's Disney's attempt at Nadia.

>Literally the only Disney movie to tackle Father/Son abandonment issues.
Tell me how the story and main character are not both impeccable.

Just because they tackled an issue finally doesn't mean they did it well famalamb

>Why does nobody talk about this movie?
Just by saying something you don't make it true, retard.

that's atlantis, not treasure planet

I was in the thread but hours too late

Because it was great but falls apart when B.E.N. appears.

Not really tho. They're not great but they're not a complete mess and fit the theme. Definitely not shit.

The humor was honestly the worst part of the movie. Morph and B.E.N should have been cut.

OTP

It's kinda funny that Disney is accused of stealing everything from Nadia movie when they were both based on 20,000 leagues under the sea. Hell there's even a thing Nadia stole from the Disney adaptation of 20,000 leagues, it was that scene with the cables running up the mountain side.

I literally just watched it with my roommates Saturday night. Visually, it's one of Disney's best. The space vistas are gorgeous and the vast array of aliens is just the biggest flex of character design I've ever seen come out of Disney's muscles. It's stupendous.

Captain Silver is such a well-written, well-acted character whose cyborg parts are so damn cool to watch. Even just his first scene, where he's using his cyborg arm to cut vegetables, I'm hypnotized.

was right, though. B.E.N. is a fucking plague on this movie. Martin Short is trying to be Robin Williams so damn badly (and it's funny to me that Robin Williams would later voice a similar robot in, uh, "Robots") and he exemplifies the absolute worst of obnoxious, in-your-face, loud-talking-all-the-time noise barrage that should have been left in the 90s.

It's like the comic relief in The Hunchback of Notre Dame but somehow even MORE egregious and tone-killing.

Also: Jim Hawkins' mom has got it goin' on.

Only difference is that Milo wasn't a tool and Kida wasn't a cunt.

You know that Doppler's the one who got pregnant, right? That makes Captain Amelia Disney's first canonical shemale

Because it came out like 20 years ago nigga. Do you constantly talk about shit that came out years ago?

It's Atlantis, and I wouldn't call stuff Mignola designed 'an attempt at something else'.

That was cut from the final movie plus mpreg does not imply she has a dick.
Stop shoving your fetish on everything or else I'll retailiation I'll post pics of Ameliain diapers

I feel like Titan AE is the stronger film.

To be fair Nadia went to a lot of crazy places with space ship Nautilus and the Tower of Babel cannon.

That's absolutely fucking amazing. I used to do similar shit as a kid but not quite the same obsession. I did however always walk around with one of those plastic lightsabers that has a fully collapsing blade. I like this autism, it's good to know other people like myself are here.

It reads like a Somali pirate love story. No thanks.

>Jim Hawkins' mom has got it goin' on.
>Not Captain Amelia

fucking degenerate

Well I feel like you're a faggot with shit opinions
Concept was cool but Dreg are fucking lame with a dumb name, Nathan Lane's heel-face was predictable as fuck
Good visuals and soundtrack doe

How would it be if it was made in CGI today?

>mfw I was the "do you your friends..." guy
>mfw I was the catalyst

Feels good to be a part of history guys

Sup Forums loves that movie, it has a cat it wants to fuck/be fucked by.

>Home on the Range and Dinosaur got better critical reception than Atlantis

I'll never understand why Atlantis was so disliked at release

Funny, I remember watching this and being pretty thoroughly entertained but for some reason I can't remember the second half or the endi-

Oh right, that's why.