God, this has aged like milk

god, this has aged like milk.

it's not even entertaining in a cheesy 80s time capsule sort of way, it's just awkwardly directed and edited at every corner

and yet some genuinely still hold this above Begins and TDK? piss off. what do people see in this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kRZAk2rfESU
youtube.com/watch?v=eT7-fh0BTTE
youtube.com/watch?v=HUmce-zeaAA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>what do people see in this?
Good performances and Gotham as a city is visually interesting. It's better because it doesn't feel like it was made by a joyless wet blanket

>it's just awkwardly directed and edited at every corner

In what way?

It's a Batman movie.

Begins is a generic action movie with a bat motif.

TDK is a wannabe-art-house movie with a bloated budget.

Ironically, even with the shit Boss Grissom pulls in Batman, there's still even more egregious and central examples of scenery chewing in TDK.

Its a tad long I'll admit, also not a fan of Jack being the Wayne's killer. But you have to admit, it defined the theme/atmosphere of Batman that would stay in peoples heads for some time. I mean listen to this shit, god bless Danny Elfman
youtube.com/watch?v=kRZAk2rfESU

That film has been dead to me since Batman Begins was released.

tied with phantasm as best song

DOOOOOS SOOO ROOOOO

AEEEEEEE DOIOI NO FLOOOOORES

For one thing, it doesn't have the sheer idiocy of Batman Begins with its McGuffin that should have murdered everybody around it the second it was turned on.

Plus Gotham.

>not a fan of Jack being the Wayne's killer
I wouldn't like that in the comics, but for a stand alone movie I love that they end up creating each other

>God bless Danny Elfman

A-fucking-men.

Is there a Marvelfag raid going on after their CEO signed on for Trump's cabinet?

You know despite the amount of shit people give Batman Forever/Robin (and rightly so), they had a pretty cool Gotham. Though perhaps the giant Olympian statues might have worked better for Metropolis

OP is probably a Tim Burton hater.

It's a great film, kill yourself you millennial fucking baby belch faggot

Here's a list of things you probably also like....Miles Morales more than Peter Parker, Other M more than Super Metroid, blah blah blah

YOUR TASTE IS SHIT CUNT

-perfect atmosphere
-god tier set design that looks how Gotham is supposed to look
-great Joker performance
-Keaton is great Bruce and a pretty good Batman
-the Prince songs

You are describing every Tim Burton movie.

It's good til Joker transformation honestly, or at least after Vicky's apartment and the museum. Then it gets rushed and sort of meaningless.

It's a fucking amazing movie dildo

Nah, more likely he stumbled upon some buzzfeed shit or leddit "review" and adopted the sentiment.

100% op will not be able to coherently answer your question because he is a faggot.

it's pretty shit desu
it's not really batman but more like Tim Burton's Batman
yeah gotham looks great
that's it

I never liked this movie, and I think the reason why is because it's a shit action movie

I can see what people appreciate about it. It's weird, and weird is good. The atmosphere is p. cool (better in the sequel though) and the performances are interesting.

But it's a bad action movie, and how the hell are you going to make a bad action movie about a character like Batman? Hell the 60s show had more memorable stunts and fight scenes

>it's not even entertaining in a cheesy 80s time capsule sort of way

I both love and dislike this film

The set design and atmosphere are just gorgeous, but the liberties that Burton took with the characters of both Batman and the Joker don't work for me at all.

>For one thing, it doesn't have the sheer idiocy of Batman Begins with its McGuffin that should have murdered everybody around it the second it was turned on.

How is it idiocy?

It's not real science, so what, it's a cape comic book film. Begins is the only Nolan Batman film that REALLY embraces that.

I agree that it's bad, but it leads into Batman Returns which I think is better than the whole Nolan series hands down. Then it falls to shit right after though. Just my opinion dudes, don't lynch me please.

>Batman Returns which I think is better than the whole Nolan series hands down

Instead of lynching you I celebrate you, for yours is the correct opinion.

You're describing the sequel
I've got to be completely honest with you people, if you expressed these opinions to me IRL I would have no choice but to smash your fucking faces in

You all have shit, putrid taste, and you should be punished for it quite frankly, you're fucking disgusting human being if you can even be called that, more like pathetic grubs

I for one thank you for your honestly.

>nani?

It's just plain Batman. It's not hyper-campy-fourth-wall-breaking Batman or hyper-realistic-and-gritty Batman, and those are really your only options outside of the Burton movies. Yeah, Burton brings a certain trademark darkness, but isn't that exactly what you need if you're doing Batman?

the music is flawless, coupled with design it's very much an opera-- i'm surprised nobody has tried to turn the music into an opera or ballet

It introduced the right sort of look, atmosphere, and tone that was perfected by TAS and not too overblown by Returns (And then along comes Mr Schumacher with the neon and the rubber nips so godfuckingdamnit). Thanks to Burton it and by extension TAS fall into a spot between the camp near-self-satire of West and the Gritty Grimdark of Nolan, with the Snyder stuff bordering on Grimderp.

It's not the best Batman move, but I'd argue it's the cause of the best Batman TV show in TAS, and probably the strongest contender for "Best Batman Movie" against Dark Knight with Mask of the Phantasm.

I'd still rate 1989 and Returns above Rises though.

Rises is an abomination. I might put Forever above it.

how new can you be that you don't recognize the schism between Burtonfags and Nolanfags?

KYS MCUck

The neon was part of Burton's plot about the unnecessary power plant in Returns. Basically, Shreck has created a power plant that doesn't need to exist and, explicitly, will light up Gotham as bright as day during the night. Shreck dies before it's built, but it still gets built (also stated in Returns).

So along comes Schumacher, who loves neon as his trademark anyway, and he's got the perfect excuse to use it.

Returns has always been superior to 1989

For faggots sure

>Machine instantly evaporates water
>Does literally nothing to organisms made of 80% water stood right next to it

>implying an invention that does that without killing people wouldn't be kept under wraps

>t. Nolanfag who likes movies with zero subtext on account of characters spelling everything out through dialogue and shakycam fights

It must be hard being a blind croc living with other blind crocs

I admire your taste sir, both in movies and fanart. Who's that Batgirl by?

So Shreck was the greatest monster in Batman cinematic history. Son of a bitch....

I like Batman Returns more than 89.

Because it's better user. Sure Pengy and Cats aren't portrayed correctly, (Burton reimaginings,) but DeVito's Penguin and Pfeifers Catwoman are among my favorite renditions of both characters. Not my all time faves, but among my faves.

Plus, Pfeifers Catwoamn is the sexiest live action portrayal. That domme aesthetic, that literal psychosis.

Because you're white trash, you probably also listen to fucking Insane Clown Posse with a taste for such tasteless shlock

I'd rather watch it over any Batman movie that has come out since.

The Characters, The Setting, The Music, The Ballroom scene, The Downer ending, The only thing I think is pretty shit are the fight scenes.

I watch it every Christmas.

Nope, Spic living up north.

Was never really interested in ICP despite a couple friends liking them.

youtube.com/watch?v=eT7-fh0BTTE

youtube.com/watch?v=HUmce-zeaAA

I know this is Sup Forums and people are gonna be angry at everything, but um, what does liking this movie halfta do with being white?

Shit taste maybe, but being white? kek

god bless Prince

Could Affleck put the great aesthetics back into Batman movies or is it too late?

Batman Returns is the kind of tasteless crap white trash would like, it's blatant crass sexual humor and cheap violence fetish are on par with things like the ICP and pro wrestling

are you real?

Why do you motherfuckers keep repeating this fanon as though it were objective truth? If you actually fuckin' watched the movie, you'd remember that the whole reason Selina Kyle was pushed out a window by Schreck was because she learned that it was "a giant capacitor, and it'd actually absorb power instead of generating it".

I guess the idea was that he would stockpile power and then sell it at a premium? I dunno, it was, as you noted, a loose plot thread. But you don't need it to justify why Gotham City is brighter - the justification as stated by Barbara Ling is simply "old-timey NYC and other cities were neon af, you just can't tell in B&W photos."

Oh, you like things like magical cats, mutant men who have been abused biting noses off with gore, and crap like taser suicide kisses and jokes about the Penguin being horney? Pretty sure these are all ICP songs, it's schlock crap

Good job, the rest of us knew this was complete shit that only normies liked back in 1990.

Funny, I've seen a lot of people shit on Returns for being the sort of shit "goth" kids or Hot Topic-trolling Tim Burton fanatics like, but not for insinuating that white trash would like it. I mean, I get what you're saying, but most of the crass sexual humor is from Penguin, and he's supposed to be a disgusting, monstrous deviant. Now to be fair the movie also has moments where we're supposed to feel sympathy for Cobblepot, but that's what happens when you kerbobble a shit-ton of scripts together haphazardly. Sam Hamm and WB wanted a more traditional action movie that yes, would appeal to those sorta LCD people, but Burton delivered all that sex and violence in such a weird, nightmarish, BDSM-meets-Grimm's-fairy-tale sorta way that it wound up not working for most people, even early 90s wiggers.

>-great Joker performance

are you..........retarderd?

are you?

He's talking about the idiots white guys that love the fuck out of wrestling, wear black coats, and cover everything they have with Orange County Chopper style tribal designs, and half th things they own are called Raven.

They are definitely a group, edgy goth themed violent redneck vampire loving crap. Usually with motorcycles and skulls for no actual reason.

Batman Returns is their kind of movie

Jack Nicholson playing Jack Nicholson doing Jack Nicholson things, while never once coming close to accidentally acting like any version of the Joker.

It was Jack from the Shining in white makeup. That does not make a Joker. He would have to you know......play the Joker in some way shape or form first.

He could have at some point tried to have a psycho killer vibe but never quite accomplished that. He just kept his own typical smartass grin at all times. Never joked, never acted intimidating, never displayed the special Joker level of disturbed, nothing.

>Never joked
But he did.
>never acted intimidating
he did in some scenes
>never displayed the special Joker level of disturbed, nothing
again, he did.

i have a sneaking suspicion that you're a Ledger fanboy

Same. It's the perfect Burton Batman movie.

I'll be here with Mask of the Phantasm.

>TDK is a wannabe-art-house movie with a bloated budget.
You should see an art-house movie. Or even independant movies to start.

>Magical Cats
My opinion is they're not magic, they're just starving alleycats looking for a meal.

Catwoman's lives are just situations where she's super lucky to survive, hell look how she survives the fall, those cats don't factor into it.

>Jokes about the Penguin being horney
It's Danny Devito as The Penguin and he never bit the guys nose off just broke it.

Honestly that's a fair assumption

Thankfully the Hot Topic crowd never took to Batman Returns like they did to Nightmare Before Christmas or Invader Zim

Batman Returns is the best Burton
TDK is the best Nolan
Forever is the best Schumacher

Begins, TDKR, 89 were okay.
B&R is sillier and more stupid than Forever but I'll watch it for a fun night laughing.

nobody on Sup Forums likes miles more than peter faggot. no matter our age. Quit being such a sperg.

He was a killer, and the fact that was so gleeful about it is what the Joker is all about. "Jack Nicholson being Jack Nicholson" makes no fucking sense and his character was nothing like the one he played in The Shining.

Shoo, Ledger cocksucker.