WHAT WAS Sup ForumsS REACTION WHEN THIS CAME OUT

WHAT WAS Sup ForumsS REACTION WHEN THIS CAME OUT

Most of current Sup Forums wasn't even on Sup Forums when it was happening.

Everyone was flabbergasted by how shitty it was. Particularly after the Thing/Namor and the Iron Man/ Magneto fights.

Wolverine and Cap acting like retards didn't help either.

Everyone thought it was retarded. Most of the plot was based on poor understanding of X-Men canon.

is it one of those events that`s ok if you dont know the characters but incredibly frustrating if you knew them?

Okay, but what was Sup Forums's reaction to this?

Heartiest of Lulz.

No.
A modern classic.

Awful. Like a worse version of Millar's Civil War, only this time written by five writers who are usually good on other stuff.

Pretty negative. Everyone in the event was a retarded asshole, so Sup Forums hated it

Pretty positive. Everyone in the event was a retarded asshole, so Sup Forums loved it

then what would you call it?

A clusterfuck.

You know, there were few events that got my physically angry. This was one of them. Not only did it throw the X-Men under a bus, but it acted like they were horrible people. The event started with the Avengers saving a crashing plane, while the X-Men's leader is kicking a girl in the stomach. They made Colossus so dumb that he was killing whales because "Oh, I didn't know whales needed air"

I was livid.

>implying MUH PHOENIX Hope did anything wrong

Can't forget that VS. book
>>Plot doesn't matter here! What matters are the straight up fights!
>>The intro page of the book stressed this.
>>Magneto lost cause plot
>>Spider-Man just was called away from his fight cause plot
>>The whole VS. book just let the wrong characters win cause plot
>>Also, Jeph Loeb starts his story where Red Hulk beats Colossus before Colossus fights the Thing.

>I closed the San Andreas fault, so there won't be any more earthquakes.
Thanks, Scott.

The people who like the event are Avengers readers. And they're dumb enough to read Bendis' stuff.

I just remember everyone losing their shit when Charles died. Cap going and asking Hulk for help was pretty hype too.

AvX was actually the reason I came to Sup Forums. It was the first comic event I'd ever actually read as it was being published and and I wanted to discuss it. The Reddit comics board is nothing but "it was great" over and over again so I came here and waded to the shit to find occasional bits of insight

Not only that.
>>Iceman was unsure about following Cyclops.
>>Sees Cyclops helping people, but wasn't listening to Iceman.
>>Iceman runs to Kitty
>>"Scott is an asshole! To hell with him!"

Only the Avengers could get away with Thor punching a teenager in the stomach, and nobody making a fuss about it.

That gillen's "Consequences" was the only good thing to come out of it.

Wasn't great by any means, but even then i feel like events have mostly gotten worse since.

That's true. Back when I was pissed off at Civil War I couldn't imagine events getting worse.

Now we have AvX, Original Sin, Age of Ultron, Civil War II, and Death of X.

How is IvX anyway?

so far much better, but it is only 1 issue and a 0 issue.

>How is IvX anyway?
So far? Could be worse.

It's good so far, but I expect the xmen to start jobbing hard in the next few issues

It seemingly lasted for fucking ages.

It was so bad someone made a parody of it.

>AvX was actually the reason I came to Sup Forums.

Same I was still in school and broke when it came out, I found out about Sup Forums's storytimes. AvX is the reason I'm stuck here with you bastards

I guess Pixie being forgotten saved her.

It was 11 fucking issues. 12 if you count the 0 issue. Hell, it also have a 5 issue epilogue mini-series, so all told it was like 17 fucking issues long. PLUS all the fights were relegated to the AvX: VS mini-series so if you factor that in then it's like ~23 issues.

>How is IvX anyway?

In IvX there's at least a legitimate reason for the two races to be at war, they're fighting for the future of their species.

AvX was just a bunch of assholes picking fights over who got to be in charge.

More like there's a legitimate reason for the mutants to attempt to kill the inhumans. The inhumans are just being faggots as usual.

I mean they're being assholes for sure but they at least have a stake in not letting the Mutants achieve their goals.

More than can be said of the Avengers in AvX.

True enough. It's a dumb asshole stake but at least one that makes sense to them.