How would Sup Forums write an animated Metroid show/movie?

How would Sup Forums write an animated Metroid show/movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z6wzzPE87Pw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How would Sup Forums write an animated Metroid show/movie?
It would be pure fapbait.
I think Sup Forums would have a better chance at making a decent Metroid cartoon.

Either make it an isolationist horror or an action pack series full of bounty hunters and aliens.
Maybe both as an anthology of sorts?
Make sure it's not Other M tier retarded.
Maybe have Samus speak rarely like Samurai Jack.

Miniseries. Horror atmosphere, very little dialogue. Each episode is a different boss, maybe give Ridley two episodes. Pepper in flashbacks to Samus' past where appropriate, but keep them brief and more like Bebop than constant exposition. Final boss is Mother Brain.

Metroid threads are not possible on Sup Forums

Samurai Jack in Space, except Samus speaks even less than Jack does.

Poorly.

You don't. You can't.

Metroid is one of those things where if you made it a TV show or Movie you would lose elements, and aspects of the games that make them charming. Because the swap to Video Game Storytelling to TV/Movie storytelling is sharp.

Thats why most videogame to TV/Movie Adaptations either fall threw, preform poorly, or are just shit.

Make it about the past, shit with the Chozo, Samus' parents, Ridley before Samus, etc.

I actually have a pretty fleshed out script for a live-action/CGI Metroid movie, but Sup Forums would hate it because reading a script and watching a movie are two completely different things. In fact merely telling you what the premise is would get people screaming NOT MUH METROID, even though it's Super faithful to the lore.

Well post it ya tease.

I think this'd be pretty good actually. I'm picturing like Angel's Egg levels of very little dialogue, is that about right?

Wouldn't mind action, but PG horror is the best option. In general, the theatrics of Other M are fine (to say nothing of the story), as long as we get fewer monologues.

Prime ruined the Metroid series by inviting a bunch of faggots who don't know shit about Metroid into the fold. Metroid should have stayed 2D.

Hi Game Overthinker

Don't associate me with that fat piece of shit.

>Threads are not possible on Sup Forums
Fixed

>Criticising anything based on its fandom.

This. It needs to be Clone Wars season 1 and 2, but Metroid.

>METROID'S GAMES ARE NOT 3D REEEEEEEEEEE

This

I would basically make it like the Super Metroid comic that was in Nintendo Power. I would bring back the Houston character and it would basically be a buddy cop show, except the two of them hunt bounties together.

I like this idea.

Making it too similar to the games would get old fast.

Anybody ever watch Strikeback on Cinemax? Make it kinda like Strikeback but in space.

Story goes in 3-6 episode arcs, each one half an hour long, so the series is like a bunch of little movies rather than an ongoing soap style show.

Rather than religiously following the plot of the games (because why watch the show if it's just the games but not playable?) the show is about Samus' early days. She still has the space suit and hangs out with the Chozo. Give her Chozo adopted parents, Chozo best friends that go bounty hunting with her, various criminals and bond jumpers for her to go after and what kind of fun stuff she spends the bounty money on with her crew.

Then, like, 5 or 6 arcs in, brutally, tragically kill off the entire supporting cast on-screen. All the Chozo are wiped out, just like in the games. Suddenly things get a LOT darker. Sure, Samus still enjoys bounty hunting and even has fun capturing bad guys, but now she has a genocidal crazed hatred of Space Pirates, to the point that she kills them even when they are unarmed or surrendering (because fuck the Geneva Convention). She still gets sidekicks and supporting cast characters, but they don't last long and are nearly always killed in the line of duty. Bad Guys are a shitload eviler and are way more dangerous and merciless, like using babies for hostages and then going kill-crazy and start executing them. None of them are saved before the bad guy is captured. Insane, sometimes heartbreaking scenarios like that, interspersed with actual fun scenarios in the very next episode like hotwiring a space frigate and strafing a godzilla-like bioweapon. That kind of range would really stick in viewers minds and make each arc more memorable and special. The best shows are ones that can make you both smile and put a lump in your throat, and I think Metroid has the potential to do that.

Yes but would be fapping to Samus' strong legs and abs or to the Varia suit or to the background or to the ambient sound design?

So Gennedy's Metroid show?

A comedy. Like One Punch Man. Set it post Super.

I know everyone wants to capture the imposing tone of a properly played Samus ala Fusion or Super Metroid, have TRIGGER animate it and basically try to stretch out the last two minutes of Star Wars Rogue One but orange into a twelve episode series, but that shit just ain't feasible.

You can do anything you want in the film as long as Gwendoline Christie is Samus.

It's the best way to do it. Metroid is pure atmosphere. When they try to have to much plot they suck

Then stop being a fat piece of shit with wrong opinions

will young boys buy Robots that are girls?

or will their parents allow it?

I think shorts would be a good format. Little bits and pieces of her story, without dialogue like this awesome thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=z6wzzPE87Pw

Just don't write it like A Fox in Space.

A dark and atmospheric story with low levels of dialog. Mix in action and horror for the climactic parts, but keep it more on the ambient side really where she's mostly just exploring and solving puzzles.

/thread

visual exposition, try to convey as much as possible through visual cues, atmosphere, and body language

samus should only talk occasionally, and try to convey as much as possible solely through her actions

blow most of the budget on either the backgrounds or the fighting animation

What if samus didn't talk at all, so a new generation might get the same surprise, maybe her helmet gets blasted off near the end by mother brain or something

when samus talks with a helmet on, it could make em sound like a space marine

>'The Great Hunter' is the most infamous bounty hunter in the galaxy, called World Breaker and the Wraith of the Chozo and Metroid of Metroids
>meanwhile, Samus Aran is that barfly who likes arm wrestling and gambling and usually lends a hand if asked but doesn't talk much and often disappears for months on end doing undisclosed 'federation work'
>it's not that she tries to keep it a secret, people who've never worked with her tend to picture someone larger than life than they think of who might be that infamous warrior in orange armor
>First half of the season has her goin to different parts of the galaxy hunting down wanted criminals and space pirates, and people shitting bricks when she activates her armor and they realize who they're dealing with. include occasional flashbacks to her parents death, being raised and altered by the chozo, her time in the fed academy, and the events of super metroid
>second half of the first season is an adaption of Metroid Fusion
>Second season is about her being a wanted criminal herself now, on paper because they blame her for the destruction of the federation facility but in practice because she's discovered too much of the feds dirty laundry
>now a fugitive in an intergalactic civilization where nearly anyone will sell her out for a quick buck if they realize who she is, Samus tried to hunt down the other bioweapon facilities that could wipe out all life and root out the source of this corruption in the federation's upper ranks, while contending with an endless amount of bounty hunters, space pirates, and federation bioweapons
>The most powerful of the federation bioweapons ends up killings its creators then conquers the federation headquarters with help from MetaRidley, declares itself queen of the galaxy
>it and Ridley backstab one another at the same time as Samus gets there, turns into a three-way war between just three people.
>Bioweapon aborbs MetaRidley but gets a new weakness that allows Samus to win

>tfw like both Metroid and Armored Core
>this one fag helps ruin both for Sup Forums

Depends on the episode

I agree to an extent on terms of gameplay, but the prime games expanded the whole universe background inmensily and gave us a way better story than anything we had prior (wich was completely optional so you didnt have to go trough a houndred cutscenes to have an idea of what was going on)

came here to post this

I like those ideas. But anons, I don't want to be a downer, but the problem is that if people are even bother to care about metroid at this point. Public knows metroid by...

>fapbait Samus
>Ridley (or xxx) is too big
> other m disaster
>Halo vs Samus
>Metroid Federation Force disaster

I just want another decent metroid game.

Halo vs Samus has been pretty much forgotten, and Dead Fantasy is scarcely remembered either

Hopefully same people who wrote Justice league and batman beyond

Metroid seems like its a DC property

It felt kinda nostalgia that people used to discuss Halo vs Metroid or anything similar to this.

>Metroid seems like its a DC property
fuck off with the dc/marvel shit. Give it to Gennedy r no one at all.

Unless it's Power Suit fapbait GTFO

People still remember Prime and SM tho, the whole world isn't just Sup Forums you know.

But yes we need another decent Metroid game.

>think Sup Forums would have a better chance at making a decent Metroid cartoon.

Lol fuck no

Discussing games aren't possible on Sup Forums at all

I would go for this honestly

It's either him or the Yodanuts guy

>Another generation of kids who have their first sexual awakening to Samus Aran
SHE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

bump

I think the big thing that a lot of people miss with the samurai jack comparison is that Jack always has an end goal in mind. Get back to the past, kill Aku.
Samus doesn't have that kind of direction. She's always on a mission that will end. She never seems to have a real goal in mind for herself. Just keeping herself busy with a bloody slaughter of space pirates until she expires.
Also, the exploration element would be key for her. Having her go into the parts unknown to kick the ass of whatever is there is more important than just getting her to be a mute amazon.