Trollhunters

When does this show start getting interesting?
I was hesitant to watch it because of the human characters' generic designs, but buckled due to the praise it received.
I've gotten to episode 8 and so far
>protag is beyond bland
>sidekick is slightly less bland but not funny enough to make up for it
>troll characters alright but nothing special
>story is paint by numbers
What about this show is so captivating? People don't just like it, they're engrossed in the story as if there's any mystery what'll happen next. The only unique thing I can find about it is the animation, which seems to have the quality of an animated movie done by a lesser known studio.
I want to like this show. At what point does it get better?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1734135/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
twitter.com/realgdt/status/818911650510053376
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just finished watching it. I'd give it a 6/10 if I had to:
>Pretty standard "Hero's Journey" story--not great or revolutionary, but no major missteps either
>Voice acting was solid, though not outstanding. Characters are well-defined enough that they are reconizable, though slightly stereotypical
>Plotting is fairly well-paced, with important plot points given time to sink-in, and plot threads are introduced and paid off.
>Story arcs are defined and clear, with enough threads laid to keep interest across them

Good, though not great. Kept my attention, even if the first 3 or 4 episodes were a little bit of a slough. Don't know if I'm going to watch the next season, but it was watchable enough this season

I'd say when Angor Rot gets introduced, it's good but don't except it to be amazing.

the second half of the season is less predictable, but I'd say the overall quality remains the same. I enjoyed it tough. nothing spectacular, but worth watching for me at least.

Does anyone know if it will continue?

>introduce Angor
>let us know he is a baddy because he was screwed over
>even show how he was a good guy and was betrayed and forced to become a killer
>it never pays off
>he fucking destroys his soul and Angor never gets a development beyond "grr"

This show is just filled with nicely written duos!
I really enjoyed all character interactions.
Arghhh and Toby
Jim and Strickler
NotEnrique and Clarie (which is my favorite)

Can't wait for next season!

It's ptobably not for you since it kicked in for most anins atound there. You can maybe stick ot out a while longer and see how it goes. Also, season 2 goes full action cartoon and it really finds its roots.
And why did they release two seasons as one part? Episode 14 is obviously supposed to be the first episode of season two.

He is tragic character in the series. More shows should get those.

Still a lot better than the previous bad guy, as he interacts a lot with Jim.

He's not actually tragic though. They never actually use his backstory in any efficient way. In fact I'd have preferred him to remain basic.teasing his sad backstory and different personality, only to never use that is just wasted potential

True. he also had a nice shtick and was genuinely unpredictable and fun to watch.

Anyone else want to bang the pink female changling?

I just got to episode 13. What's with Claire suddenly being perfect at everything?

Why is she such a slut

No, only Draal.
She actually read the plot to the Book of Life for her Spanish project.

You can't have female characters be flawed, that would be sexist.

I can see one reason to watch this.

Except rescuing her brother.

They name drop Merlin every episode but do they actually explain what the fuck he did?

Why does she need so many hairclips?

>and they all make this face

Is "Rule number three!" the new "That's my purse!"

Nope. I assume there's a bunch of wizards around and Merlin was one of them and he created the amulet, hence the name. But the show doesn't actually explain anything.

It bothered me too. Mostly because it's a blatant sign that they don't know what to do with her so they go the cliche route. It's not just her either. Every human man character is a cliche down to the weapons they use. So of course the best friend is a goofy idiot with a big body and a hammer, and the girl is the frail but intelligent girl whose academic knowledge of tthe troll world rivals their master's, and of course she gets to use magic, because it's the only thing girly enough they have.

We need more gay like pic related

>When does this show start getting interesting?
Did you have any reason to believe it would?

The true tragedy is that no one will ever know besides the audience.

For people with hairclip fetishes.

The worst episodes are the ones that force Claire into the group, but by the end of the season they move away from the OH NO SCHOOL b-plots, which I really appreciated. It seems like they set up an actually interesting second part, and I'm sad that it may never come out.

I hope it does, I wonder what Del Toro will do with finding a replacement voice for Jim?

I'd imagine that, being a wizard, he was involved a great deal in the whole supernatural/troll scene. He probably helped them out a lot and then created the amulet when he left so they could handle things themselves.

I'd also imagine the baba yaga will end up being Le Fay, and a major antagonist after the bad trolls are dealt with. At which point more history of the amulet and Merlin will be revealed.

> Blinky's comment that Jim's voice should be changing soon.

>> Blinky's comment that Jim's voice should be changing soon.

Fuuuuuuuckkkkkk

Dat Voice Cast
imdb.com/title/tt1734135/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Ron Pearlman and Tom Hiddleston to boot. Who did Gunmar's voice?

Second season greenlit then?

Clancy Brown, voicing his third Ancient Evil Awakens character in recent years.

Don't get excited for Hiddleston. He only is in the first episode. He is replaced after that.

I don't see Clancy Brown on that list

Even though the second season gets better, it still has some contrived bullshit, like Jim being stupid about Angor in the time stopping episode and the whole deal with his mom near the finale.

too lewd man

Because it's incomplete.

Who does he voice?

Reminder that Strickler fed a security guard to Bular.

> Strickler
> A shape shifting Changeling
> "Strickler's Disease" was a plot element in Del'Toro's movie 'Mimic' where giant bugs evolved to take on human guises.

Reread the posts.

claire is a piece of shit but everything else is fine.
im on ep 12 and every episode has something important happening.even the one of the little gnome that i thought was useless actually came back

Still doesn't say.

Jim's dad

Reread them again. I'm not spoon feeding you.

Oh Shit.

I don't remember that line at all.

Is that the tossed salad and scrambled eggs haircut?

But she has no personality.

To let you know that she's quirky and unique.

Top-tier waifus for Sup Forums are always blank slates or mean girls that they make tsundere.

So he wasn't in this, gotcha

user

You can't possibly be THIS retarded. Can you?

Since there is no direct correlation between the two in either of these posts or in how they respond to one another it's really not a given.

The second post right away mentions a voice actor. It has no context within the post itself, but it makes sense as a direct answer to the question raised.

I knew Sup Forums was going to shit, but how can anyone fail this hard at basic reading comprehension.

There's nothing there to form a definitive connection especially when there's the possible pretense of the one claiming Clancy Brown was in this could be mistaken.

twitter.com/realgdt/status/818911650510053376

I think Dreamworks Netflix deal more or less guarantees a preset number of seasons for each show.
Like, AHKJ knew from day one 78 episodes is all they get.

Why did he leave, bros?

Knowing how paint by numbers this series has been so far, how many bets are on it having something to do with the Trolls?

My money is on his backstory is still the same as it is in the books and Jim will meet uncle Jack in part 2

His dad was a changeling all along, what a twist!

Agreed. He should've either just given Angor the ring and honor the deal or just flat out kill him while he was vulnerable.

Why didn't he think Angor would try to betray him if he possessed the ring, just like with Strickler?

>She actually read the plot to the Book of Life for her Spanish project.
Really? That's a cool easter egg.

I had no idea that was Steven Yeun as Steve Palchuk.

He made much more of an impression in this than on Voltron. He had fun with Palchuk.

I dont know you!!

no.

Yes, please. How are there japanese trolls like Nomura, though? Trolls are linked to the old country, aka Europe.

Probably kidnapped an american-japanese baby.

She isn't Japanese, she stole the identity of someone who is.