I've started reading DC comics (never read capeshit, really) and I think I understand why you guys hate BvS and MoS

I've started reading DC comics (never read capeshit, really) and I think I understand why you guys hate BvS and MoS.

If you think that they have bad storylines, or bad acting or direction or cinematography or scores, you're wrong and you can't stroke your dick ITT.

In the comics, the heroes aren't the main concern for the writer, and neither is the plot. The main concern is how many people the hero can save, and his overt altruism, which just defaults to the hero not having a personality that caters ot himself, but a life thta caters around other people.

This stands in stark contrast with the DCEU, where everyone is a frim individual with his own story and direction, and where their morals are not geared towards altruism but rathe towards their own benifit and maybe, sometimes, saving the world from threats that they could not themselves survive from without personal intervention.

That's not something exclusive to DCEU. It's how these movies have been made since, eh, Batman 89.

Nah, it's more that the whole "WHAT IF HEROES HAD TO DEAL WITH REALISTIC FALLOUT" stuff is just painfully overdone and not really interesting enough to want it done in live action. DCEU is so far a universe made with the same mentality that got us Identity Crisis.

You're vastly overthinking this.

This picture is really cool.

Wow, a thread stating why BvS is a shitty movie. Really enlightening OP, no one knew that. Very original too

>I've started reading DC comics (never read capeshit, really)
Oh this is going to go well

>which just defaults to the hero not having a personality that caters ot himself, but a life thta caters around other people.
Can you possibly be any more of a hardcore newfag. I'm not calling you new, that's obvious, I'm calling you a fucking new faggot because you don't know what you're talking about and pretending that you do

Jesus Christ, fuck off to Sup Forums if you want to shitpost about a year old movie

It's ok OP i got your bait.

C+ for effort.

The problem with the DC films is that they aren't structured well. Every scene happens in like a minute, rapid cuts, and pacing that goes nowhere. What the FUCK was the point of the Lois Lane bullet plot? Or how SS had atrocious editing. "What happened?" "She escaped" 4 seconds after that other scene. It's not paced well at all.

>it's an "altruism is unrealistic" episode
surely this time it will be a good thread

hope you find some comics you enjoy, OP

Elaborate or go back to /aco/

how is it "painfully overdone"?
I haven't read Identity crisis, can you explain?

I'm not defending SS, though.

And how are DC movies "rapid cuts"? Look at the webm, for fuck's sake.

How is it not?

Just posting here because I love OP's pic. He's so happy there.

Altruism exists in real life and is therefore not unrealistic

But I hate it because Zack Snyder is a hack who openly doesn't want to make super hero movie and the Martha scene was beyond cringeworthy.

>is a hack

please justify this and define "hack"

>martha was beyond cringeworthy
why?

Okay, but perfect altruism is unattainable and altruism never works, anyway.

>how is it "painfully overdone"?
>I haven't read Identity crisis, can you explain?

Genuinely just keep reading more and you'll start to understand. The DCEU is just very cookie cutter when it comes to the type of story it's trying to tell. And honestly that type of story tends to be a bad one, or at least poorly executed (I don't want to go as far as saying an idea can't work but I haven't seen it happen yet).

Identity Crisis is generally poorly executed but it tonally derailed DC for over a decade. Still hasn't really recovered even though it's non-canon now.

I have to justify nothing

The burden of proof is on the people who claim the movie is good.

Was really expecting a better answer.

you made the statement, and burden of proof is a meme that is used 90% of the time to deflect responsibility.

I'm the one asking questions here, and you're the one asserting, so you should elaborate.

Well it's a good thing superhero comics are fictional stories populated by idealized characters then

>Elaborate or go back to /aco/
Really faggot?

>Person who is only just now reading DC comics is trying to tell people who have actually read DC comics for some time that their thoughts on DC is wrong

here's a link for you

Just another Tuesday on Sup Forums

Wednesday! The only day when Sup Forums deserves to be visited. The only day when you meet anons who do NOT deserve a bullet to the face. The only day when you can unfilter the names of the Big Two.

Today is Wednesday.

golden, my friend.

golden.