WASP

>catch up on comics
>give Wasp a look since the thread was up for days
>inspirational tone, nice use of continuity, CUTE wafubait, I see why Sup Forums loved it

>the thread's all bile, disgust & shitposting

What happened to you guys? You used to be cool.

SJWs have gotten people so worked up that they can't enjoy a nice waifu book anymore, I think

It was really bad, even for a waifusick kind of people.

It's because Sup Forums can't stop taking the bait. Whole bait threads filled with people arguing with shitposters that don't ever stop. It's kinda embarrassing that they can't just hit hide thread and ignore it, unless it's all just one person arguing with themselves

>CUTE wafubait
I'd even take Henderson's art over those grimacing faces

Personally I can't stand it because of the art. The artist can't draw mouths, and everyone looks either retarded or smug.

Because Sup Forums IS negativity.
I've stopped reading comics, because Sup Forums constantly (only) points out all the negatives until there's no positives left.
This mindset is contagious and so I can't enjoy anything comics anymore.
But since I have no life, I still peruse Sup Forums like a masochistic drug addict.

Is this the comic where they are adding yet another four geniuses women of color who are all from New York?

>not muh bitchslapped Janet

>It's a someone who started at DC is wasted at Marvel episode.

Jesus dude. Maybe take a break for a while, go to /fit/ or something and get some positive vibes. Don't listen to Sup Forumsmblr.

The trick is to read primarily non-superhero comics. Sup Forums can't be negative about those because Sup Forums doesn't read them.

superhero comics are the most casual shit anyway

>What happened to superhero comics? They used to be not pants on head retarded sometimes.
Cape comics are the new anime. Complex characters and fresh, interesting stories are discarded in favor of making yet another "adorkable" waifu -- something which Sup Forums, tumblr, deviantart, etc all excel at far better than Marvel does.
New Wasp has all the personality of a Sup Forums fusion waifu. A little Silk here, a little Hummingbird there. etc etc. She's a paper cutout designed solely to sell an agenda rather than tell a story. Just like Squirrel Girl and Hellcat before her.

Meanwhile, great stories and characters like what's found in the All New Ghost Rider series are sabotaged, gutted and sacrificed to sell the next cross-title mega event or some dumb legacy character team revival.

Wasp shouldn't need Ms.Marvel to sell her own #1 issue, but she does. Ms. Marvel is actually a well written title and a successful character launch.
Wasp is garbage and a perfectly good waste of a half decent artist being ruined by an incompatible colorist.

It's not inspirational, it's manipulative and blatant pandering and over all, tiresome and infuriating.

It's sickening and disgusting.

But yes, I did enjoy how they used Mockingbird's backstory. Just the sort of little detail to let you know that this COULD have been pretty good, maybe...

too bad it's not.

Does it make you cry thinking of how many talent jumped (the sinking) ship from DC to Marvel.

>The trick is to read primarily non-superhero comics. Sup Forums can't be negative about those because Sup Forums doesn't read them.
This.
Read some quality indy titles like Bitch Planet and Motor Crush. Sup Forums can't possibly know anything about those....

I'm not into the whole Coke vs. Pepsi comic wars, but the poor grammar of this sentence made me cry.

There is no need to false flag. We're all anonymous, you can just be yourself and be honest with your opinions. Furthermore, if you don't like a comic, you can just ignore it instead of trying to manufacture outrage in others. It'll be healthier for Sup Forums and healthier for you as well.

I legit saw nothing wrong with the art and I'm a stickler for Hendy's shit too.

Besides I was talking more about the personality/scenes being cute than the art.

Yeah, that bit was stupid and is putting me off following it.

Did they give her the same fucking origin as Silk?

>What happened to you guys? You used to be cool.

Nice b8 faggot you know that was never true

It's not actually a cute waifubait book. It's just more Hellcat and Squirrel Girl in disguise. She starts a club called "G.I.R.L" for fuck's sake.

which ship are you saying is sinking here? Because yeah, artists going to Marvel while they're in their death throes is pretty sad, but at least DC gets all the actual writing talent.

I can't read a comic that looks like shit m8, so I can't pay enough attention to see if its cute. I doubt it though.

>Does it make you cry thinking of how many loudmouthed creators are forced to go to Marvel and spazz out on twitter after DC tosses them aside.
Not really.

For some reason Kamala getting all buddy buddy with other heroes feels wrong. I enjoy when she's the huge fanboy like in the Wolverine issue though.

I'm sick of Marvel's female characters being turned into quirky womanchildren, they're not entertaining they're annoying

That archetype makes my dick hard so i don't mind

>if you don't like a comic, you can just ignore it instead of trying to manufacture outrage in others.
oh, but don't you see?
as a TRUE FAN of comics, one cannot simply stand aside while the industrial complex subverts, co-opts and outright RUINS my favored hobby/artform for which I am most passionate for! The TRUTH behind these insidious actions to SULLY and TARNISH my cherished storytelling medium must RING OUT. The nefarious cabal pulling the strings and pushing their agendas must be EXPOSED!

It is the responsibility of every last AUTHENTIC Sup Forumsmrade still standing to stand up, get mad and MAKE COMICS GREAT AGAIN.

You probably fap to Bee and Puppycat all the time.

>Did they give her the same fucking origin as Silk?
Shhh. Sales data show not enough people read Silk to recognize this!

After a google search I guess I'll now. Thank you, anonymous.

She actually has a reason though.

And what would that be?

because it's like the 45th bland, souless comedy book Marvel has released in the last year.

other than the costume they wear what's the difference in tone between this and USG, Mockingbird, Moon-Girl, Hawkeye, Hellcat, Ms.Marvel, Angela, Captain Marvel ect ect. they're all the same fucking book with the same lame flat depthless backgroundless art.

I will be forever butthurt that to modern marvel, this panel is the definition of these two characters.

She's Hank Pym's bipolar 15 year old daughter.

Oh.

>15 years old
>just became a hero
>already an avenger
This shit is fucked up.

Artists? Sure. Writers? Not at all, they were washed up already.

It's not surprising considering Miles, Kamala, and Sam were all Avengers recently. You don't see the Justice League pulling this kind of shit I tell ya

Good thing they mostly stole artists then and not writers.

The Avengers have never been known for having high recruiting standards.

I complained back then and I'm complaining now. It took Peter years to get into the Avenegrs, even if it was just a Bendis whim, this is just crazy.

I'm also surprised Nadia is only 15. I thought she was 20 something.

>stole
lol

They've literally recruited supervillains and murderers fresh off of their latest spree.

The main requisite for being an Avenger is "When Evil Lord X shows up, you gotta put your chin out there to hit like the rest of us."

>DC is the sinking ship
I guess someone doesn't pay attention to the top sellers.

Peter didn't join the Avengers because he sold well enough on his own. It was always a book for character who were popular but not popular enough to stand on their own. And from an in universe perspective they offered him membership after only a handful of years in ASM Annual #3.

At least the villains have prior experience in combat. Recruiting kids that just started out is retarded as fuck.

You can enjoy something in spite of the opinions of others, you primadonna.

She was raised in a Red Room facility.

And so did Sam and Kamala, right?

I'm Sorry, Are you from the past?

So can someone explain to me why Janet Van Dyne isn't Wasp anymore without saying wife beating or all new all different?

You'd think people would realize by now that most titles, regardless of publisher, are made to pander or shock in order to produce sales.

They don't care about building a library of work or maintaining a reputation. Characters are created largely to appeal to audiences rather than challenge or intrigue them, and those who aren't are usually meant to establish an agenda or frustrate readers. The lack of things like "strong female/minority characters" are because the writers and stories that DO give worth to characters are so relatively scarce.

Characters like the new Wasp are the norm and always have been: vessels to obtain a publisher's interests.

She's still Wasp. There's two Wasps at the moment.

>DUDE there are only two publishers LMAO
Try smaller publishers with creator-owned comics. Creator-owned comics are made to reflect the creators' interests, not the publishers'.

well one Janet was a vic..Janet is a rich WASP in the fashion industry, that type of female character simply isn't relateable to the audience wishes to attract in 2017 not exactly the narrative Marvel wants to put out in this All-... they want female scientists and detectives, shit that's easier to make a procedural television off of.

See this is getting so stupid. Why do you make multiple versions of the same character? We do not need two Captain Americas. Either put Steven in a retirement home or relegate Sam Wilson back to being Falcon. They got it kind of right by having the original canon Wolverine dead instead of having both him and Laura wearing the same costume. Even one spiderman is enough. So what you don't as much money peddling twice as many series but the mainstream doesn't give enough of a shit about comics beyond the fact they paved the way for more enjoyable movie versions of those characters. had I not grown up in the 80s and 90s I wouldn't give a shit about comics either.

Comics are dead as a recurring mainstream industry and should really downscale to limited runs with better quality, shorter better written stories.

So then you give Janet a new goal. Fashion not bringing the readers anymore? Make her a black ops agent that shrinks into a terrorists bomb vest and disarms it from the inside before beating them into a bloody pulp,

>Ghost rider but with a car and possessed by his satanic "uncle" and speaks in a hybrid tongue.

>Pretending legacy characters are a new thing or bad

Your casual is showing

Sickening and disgusting.

Silk isn't a dirty commie

Rage being booted off for not being an adult was bad PR. So they made a bunch of Avengers Youth teams and brought ones with high enough power levels into the fold.

they had Ultimate Red Wasp for that type of thing but she never caught on.

Let's face facts there are characters Marvel is ashamed of and Wasp and Yellowjacket are very high on that list.

>Im fucking plying
Yes, Image is just a bastion of the arts that picks up all its titles for the sake of expression and artistic liberty. Their selections are in no way determined by the content within or how it affects their profits.

Get real, you dope. Publishers are not your friends. They're businesses. They greenlight things that will make them cash, and authors/writers work for their pay. There's always passion projects, some companies give more leeway on making "good" things to garner a marketing angle, but at the end of the day most commercial media is created to illicit a response and generate revenue.

Kirkman isn't keeping TWD shambling along because of his passion, Darkhorse didn't bring over Berserk "just because," and Archie hasn't been churning out the same shit since before we were born as a favor to the Goldwaters. Businesses are abour money first. There are no "good guys" at play. Most of the commercial art we consume is engaging in spite of its goals, not because of them.

Sup Forums hasn't been love in years Sup Forumsmrade

get out while still can

This is a wasp that has mostly red and black in her color scheme. Maybe her retooled version where she gets bipolar beating out of her will do that.

my common sense is showing.
Having multiple versions of the same character running around at the same time cheapen that legacy. When one replaces another that's fine.
I know there's two general Supermen in rebirth right now, but honestly would that shit have flown in the original superman movie? People would be asking why there's two supermen.
Call me casual all you like but established characters should stay as a single characters at any one time with maybe the exception of multiverse crossovers.

Yeah, and Image is your only option for creator-owned comics.

Go try some Fantagraphics or Drawn & Quarterly or Nantier Beall Minoustchine or First Second or Pantheon or Nobrow, but above all, get a clue.

Don't give me some shit about Archie when I'm telling you to go creator-owned. It just shows me that you have no idea what you're talking about.

So you want them to just have different codenames?

It's entirely a matter of execution, not concept. Otherwise you'd be decrying Green Lantern, Blue Beetle, Angel (the Golden Age one), the entire history of the Hulk franchise, Wonder Woman, Human Torch, etc.

Also, we've had two Caps and two Supermen simultaneously before.

How about only character gets dibs on being Captain America or Wolverine or Iron Man and the others go find their own superhero costumes and names? If you asked me which one should be Iron Man now, I'll take Doctor Doom over the walking "super genius little girl" trope.

Because its just a dime a dozen example of this image.

Its a boring comic with wonky art throwing "so funny comedy" and internet memes in a vain attempt to trying to pander to Tumblr, which already is a place that effectively produces anti-fun by its very existence.

The "oh so quirky young female minority superhero"-shit has already gotten old and somehow Marvel manages to even half-ass it with its products, probably because they hire their storywriters from Tumblr and people in there write worse than Sup Forums, which is saying something.

The absolute biggest problem with all of these Tumblr-tier comics is the fact nothing fucking happens in them. its just quirky superheroes talking about male privilege and whatever insignificant problems they may have in their daily NY lives. Any actual superhero problem is solved so stupid easy that might just as well not make them superheroes at all since the writer doesnt give a shit about them being superheroes.

She is called Ironheart. Meaning she skipped the "James Rhodes, Iron Man" stage and went straight to "War Machine"

>minority
Huh?

>"Wow, Image isn't the only creator owned, stupid!" and "Wow, are you trying to say Archie is creator owned?"
>In the same post.

Christ, you're retarded.

I gave Image as an example that creator-owned does not mean "not profit driven" because it's the biggest name in creator-owned publishing in America. I gave you three examples at the end of companies that aren't DC and Marvel since you insisted that I must only be referring to them. That does not somehow mean Archie, which is nearly Boom level in awfulness to freelancers, is a creator-owned publisher.

But really, Fantagraphics.
You're using FANTAGRAPHICS as an example of company bias and profit-first not applying to publishers on the whole.

You're saying the company that specializes in smut, and as such leans more heavily towards publishing such over other things, is a forum of artistic liberty rather than the revenue and pandering goals of companies like Image. Think about what the fuck you're saying.

user, I think you just confused Fantagraphics for Zenescope.

>You're saying the company that specializes in smut,
You're thinking of Eros Comix, which is just an imprint. Fantagraphics itself does not specialize in smut, which a simple look at their catalog should show you. But instead of looking at their catalog, you're just relying on half-assed assumptions based on half-remembered forum posts you saw someone make somewhere.

Or what said.

You're showing us again that you have no idea what you're talking about.

It's written by a bronyfag

She's been locked up in a fookin' Rusky assassin school literally since birth, m8.

Good, we don't need another Gwenpool.

Oh my, sorry, I made a mistake because I don't remember every single company by heart and didn't decide to write a fucking essay for you.

CLEARLY this means that Fantagraphics is immune to basic economics and is actually the greatest publisher ever, and that the majority of its output is NOT dictated by profit margins and generating attention.

Clearly this means that you know less about comics than you thought you do, and you've been relying on assumptions that fit the narrative you *want* to be true rather than actually investigating the facts for yourself.

Everybody makes mistakes sometimes, but you don't have to throw such a fit about it.

Okay, sorry, all I'm hearing is you saying that I'm a stupid poopyhead and absolutely nothing refuting the point when you're the one who began the shitflinging in the first place.

Publishers exist to make money. They are not patrons of the arts. Most of the media you buy is published because it will make the publisher money, not because it's good. If you want to stop being a child and prodding at me instead of my point, please, address the actual things being said about the nature of publishing.

They're not entirely wrong. Fantagraphics isn't a charity, they cultivate good shit because they make money by doing so. I confused Antartic Press with Top Cow once, I can't fault them.

That is bullshit, they always had a no teen policy, That why Rage couldnt join in the 80s.

Fantagraphics basically is a charity.

They're a publisher that frequently loses money and has relied on donation drives (including Kickstarters, but they've been doing this since before the world wide web even existed) to keep afloat and keep publishing those passion projects.

They're in it for art, not for profit.

Now I like them even more.

I really don't want to argue the nitty gritty, but they do end up making money and staying afloat. It's a cynical outlook, but you could ascribe what they do to taking intentional blows partially out of passion and partially to have the impression of being great so that people will buy their books.

I don't think every publisher is evil or anything, but Fantagraphics is pretty atypical overall.

Well, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver weren't even heroes before becoming Avengers.

Art is webcomic-tier.

>but they do end up making money and staying afloat
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

The thing is, they could change their lineup to something more profitable if they wanted to. But they don't want to. They prefer to lose money while publishing projects that creators are passionate about, and just hope to recoup those losses through Peanuts/Disney/Eros reprints.

And they're not the only publisher who pursues passion in this way, they're just the best example because they're the most well-known one.

Except for that poster who thought they were Zenescope.

>/fit/
>Positive

Hahahaha!

>go to /fit/
Or even better, to the gym.

>DC
>Sinking ship

Good b8

Fuck off Marvel intern.

The Avengers have no issues with child soldiers and people actually love them for that. Specially Sup Forums.