Why isn't there a capeshit novel?

Why isn't there a capeshit novel?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_novels_based_on_comics
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is.

There are many.

Why isn't the third Monday of May a "Miracle Monday"?

there a whole genre in amazon, under fantasy

Not enough

Eh, was okay

There's a bunch of them. Licensed DC and Marvel novels, novelizations of comic book storylines, novelizations of movies, original novels set in DC and Marvel, and superhero OC novels.

>Not enough
0 is enough.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_novels_based_on_comics

It's pretty decent so far. Only a third of the way through but I'm enjoying it.

I read a novelization of Knightfall in high school

I've still never read the comics

whats it about?

it drags in the latter third, but the ending is solid.

OP, Leaper by Geoffery Woods is rather good.

This one is so good.

imagine a Marvel or DC crossover, but as a novel.
literally broken down by issue.

Superheros were created for the medium they primarily exist in.

It turns out that ridiculous looking costumes and flashy over the top action scenes don't really deliver the same oomph in prose form.

Came here to post this. I have a huge literary boner for TK after reading Vision, so I just ordered this. Hope it is good.

Sheriff of Babylon is also good.

This 100% true. The only characters that can translate well to written text without accompanying art are characters with very humanistic features and who are relatable in a visible sense (Punisher=older, athletic, white/Italian male with a skull running down the front of his shirt). You have to be able to picture the character while reading in order to understand their position.

Nah, it actually works, i actually prefer cape novels to comics, but I'm talking about original novels and not based in comics

Which ones have you liked so far?

I've only read through a few, but haven't really liked a lot.

There are
Not the company's fault you are illiterate OP

im not good remembering the titles

there is
soon i will be invincible
wearing the cape
Worm serial (this one is only online, but it's very good)

you can find a lot of recommendations in superheronovels.com, but you wi have to skim a lot

>but I'm talking about original novels and not based in comics
Then they don't belong in Sup Forums.

the guy asked capeshit and those are capeshit, stop being an asshole.
There is also Ex-Heroes by Peter clines if you are into zombie apocalypses (meets superheros)

There are plenty of them.

Fuck, didn't some guy write a 1.5M capeshit webnovel? I remember a thread about it a while back.

I liked Soon I Will Be Invincible quite a bit.

Wearing The Cape series started good, but I read up to Small Town Heroes and just didn't have any momentum to start up Ronin Games or the crossover one. Dunno why. The magic just wasn't there. Maybe it's the fact that I didn't really like the Young Sentinels as much and I still had a bad taste from the insta-miracle finishes that ended up giving Astra everything she wanted at the time.

Worm started great but really kind of turned into a slog towards the end there.

I read EX-Heroes and EX-Patriots. Not really into zombie stuff, and he had a thing of trying to insert sex for more mature themes that came off as lazy at times. I'd still read his non-zombie hero stuff if he did those, though.

Also read Confessions of a D-List Superhero. It sucked. And the first book of Just Cause wasn't fantastic, either.

Worm could be good provided the writer cut all the pointless bullshit and changed the pacing in general and fixed the timeskip. The "weird" powers and worldbuilding are its main saving graces.

It's about 300 pages.

Agreed.