What is your all time favorite comic? Mine is pic related

What is your all time favorite comic? Mine is pic related

Either Cerebus the Aardvark, Lucifer or Fear Agent. Favorite cape comics are Hitman and Morrison's Animal Man

Probably Infinite Vacation.

Good series. That bit with Lucy and Destiny makes me chuckle every time.

Felt like it dragged a bit when the Lillim stormed the Silver City. I can appreciate the themes of (i.e creations and creators), but the pacing went a bit off
Last issue was really nice.

Do you think that Animal Man is Morrison's best work? I personally prefer Doom Patrol but Animal Man is a masterpiece. Also, im reading The Boys by Garth Ennis and enjoying a lot, how's Hitman compared to?

I've got two for different moods

1. Silver Surfer: Requiem

And ...

2. Ghost Rider: The Road to Damnation

I need to reread, I've read it twice but not in 5 years, is that the same part where the Basanos is trying to kill him once and for all?

>keeps seeing loli-wonder woman's face
goddammit, glad I don't have the templat to that, don't make me edit that in

Lourenço Muttareli is probably my favorite comic writer, shame he hill die in underground being a Brazillian writer. El Eternauta, Watchmen, Transmetropolitan and Sandman are big contenders as well.

Can't decide. Dave Sim's Cerebus the Aardvark, Brandon Graham's Prophet, or John Ostrander's Suicide Squad.

Pic related or swamp thing

I think that, Zenith and Flex are his best works. JLA is also up there, Animal Man is the most crystalized work he did though. He left nothing on the table, and the ending is a very clever way of ensuring that. It's also one of the first pieces of hard metafiction in post modern literature (after Vonnegut as another user pointed out to me)

Toss up between Sandman and Moore's Swamp Thing.

Requiem was good.

Despite being somewhat hit or miss, I enjoyed a lot of the stuff released during the marvel knights era

Beat me to it.

I hope the upcoming omnibus has decent binding.

Think so.
Why did the Basanos want to be worshipped? Did they see themselves as the grand rulers due to their link with Destiny or something?

Time to give him a read then: got any recommendations?

>one of the first
It really wasn't.

This shit makes me rock hard. God damn I love this comic

I'm going to get so much hate.

Scott Pilgrim.

Moore's Supreme

its one of my tops, so no hate from me.

probably Planetary or Bone for me, its always a toss up but for re-reads those two stay so fresh

>That issue where a villain invades the narrative structure of Friends, then shoots Monica and Rachel
Comic books Ladies and Gentlemen.

I'll have to agree with you on your pick. Such a great read.

probably

Go read some actual books before you say more retarded shit

Still waiting for the animated film to come out.

All Star Superman. Fuck you, i like it.

why tho? there's barely any scenes with Gwen and Peter and it shoehorns the worst MJ characterization ever.

Silver Surfer: Requiem

how m8? I love Ennis but I thought that comic was unmitigated shite

>a.k.a. what if Superboy prime didnt growup to become a jerk?

Shame on those anons being such jackasses to you. Anyway, i would agree with you. Animal Man feels like his most condensed and well-done work, not the most original or creative or expansive, but the most homogenous in creative and storytelling skills. The Filth and Seaguy are underrated masterpieces, though. Such a visceral and hard conceptualization of his work. It feels and acts like a parody, pastiche of itself, not a concrete work of post-modern parody desconstruction, like Flex Mentallo. Morrison is a fantastic writer and he reminds me so much of Alejandro Jodorowski in the way of how he uses themes and archetypes to just infuse a story with heavy concepts and imagetic crystalization of personalitys.

Well user, are you brazilian by any chance? Im only asking because he wasnt translated. But anyhow, "O Cheiro do Ralo" is him in his most popular and normie writing, and that does NOT mean by any chance that is a normal piece of fiction. He is a madman. In actual comic Books, Diogenes is your way to go. It got a fantastic TPB and it feels like the definitive auter comic experience.

Does that really happen? Holy shit i need to read it. I got laying down on my computer and didnt even touched it!

also mine user

Marvel era G.I. Joe. ALL of it.

Either Blue Beetle Vol. 3 or The Incredible Hercules. Those are the two that got me back into western comics.

I could see as a animated Netflix series. Who would be your dream cast for the Bones?

>Shame on those anons being such jackasses to you.
Talk shit, get hit.

Shade the Changing Man is definitely my favorite, Morrison's Animal Man is a very close second.

>Does that really happen?

Yeah.

As for OP's question, it's either Moore's Swamp Thing or Gerber's Howard the Duck. Hellboy is also a strong contender.

Holy shit! Amazing.

DC The New Frontier

>there's barely any scenes with Gwen and Peter

You say this like it's a bad thing.

Fuck man, what a tear jerker.

You know, I've owned the Absolute edition for this for three years and never read it. Waid went off the deep in and it completely turned my away.

All-Star Superman is in my top five
Because it's an MJ and Peter book showing the effect Gwen had on them. I tear up every time I get to "say hi for me". I can't even type that without getting a little misty
I still need to read this

Hitman is better in my opinion, definitely read it, it's one of Garth's best works.

Oh goddamit now I see it too

These are my faves, if I was to add a tenth, it'd be All-Star Superman.

am i an edgelord if i say pic related

Jodo's just a weirdo with a weird obsession with hermaphrodites

>The Incredible Hercules
you are most definitely mah nigga

No you just a guy who hasn't read Born Again

Not wanting to be that Sup Forums weeb, but can we post Manga? If not, my favourite would have to be "Scalped" by Jason Aaron.

>Pic related

Yes.

Just one? Watchmen. Loved it when I was a pleb who knew nothing about comics, loved it more when I learned more about the history and archetypes of superheroes.

born again was 9/10 but the ending was nowhere near as pleasing. just that last line and splash-page on tmwf alone gives me chills every-time. pretty new to comics though, i might have just picked an edgy character to fixate on.

Daredevil

Miller and Jansen

Considering my love of comics, it was a tough choice picking my absolute favorite

I'm literally at a loss for determining the criteria for my favorite comic. Is it pure enjoyment factor? Or defined by it's ability to maintain consistency for an extended period of time?

For pure enjoyment in a story, Peter Parker: Spider-Man #44-47 "A Death in the Family".
This is in my opinion the most personal encounter between Peter and Norman. It's a story that successively grows with each passing issue culminating in a satisfying resolution that redefines Norm's relationship with Peter (until Millar decided to undo it).

In terms of my favorite long running series, it's without a doubt Invincible by Robert Kirkman. It's over a 100 issues and almost every single one is a genuine treat. But the most important reason why this comic makes the list, is because it isn't afraid to try new things and live with its decisions. It subverts expectations at nearly every turn and crafts an identity all its own.

This is fucking great. I was telling my cousin about this and he ran out and bought it that day.

I am so glad other peeps have read that story. Anytime I question whether or not Spider-Man comics are worth reading, I go back to this story.