Sup Forums who is the best Superhero and why is it Superman?

Sup Forums who is the best Superhero and why is it Superman?

because that isn't Nightwing

Superman is best when he isn't all red eyes and mad.

Supes is the best.

What's that? I couldn't hear you under the sound of me slapping you around with my red sun irradiated hand in combination with my Kryptonite irradiated foot up your ass.

Because Superman is everything you dream you could be without being an utter shitbird about it, he can see farther, go faster, and fly higher than anybody else and when you read a good Superman story you feel like you could do the same thing

Superman is at his core Clark Kent, a farm boy from Kansas who was raised to do the right thing and help people whenever he could. If he didn't have super powers he would still be out helping people as Clark Kent he might not be fighting invading aliens or stopping bank robberies but he would do what he could to help make the world a better place.

People who don't like Superman always tend to focus on the wrong part of his name, they see the Super and think he is an invincible god figure instead of seeing the MAN who has to live with the responsibility those powers bring and the consequences of what happens when he fails or they are so jaded and cynical they can't see anyone possessing a fraction of that power being anything other than a self serving prick because that's what they are and it's all they see others as being

What's that? Couldn't hear over you being irrelevant for the past 46 years.

My favorite superhero is Spider-man even with all the dumb writers that have tried their best to ruin him

Batman, and superman would agree ;)

Now get triggered

>Getting so butthurt that somebody can beat up DC goku you stops being able to math
That cover is from 30 years ago and it was Nate's issue #1
Hell, I love superman but I'm just xalling a spade a spade that Cap is way more powerful, also he's been seeing a resurgence in popularity on here, if you haven't noticed. Probably because of Fall and Rise peaking interest.
Being in the A list doesn't make a hero better.

Lois is cute. Cute.

Oh rly? The guy who gets rendered more helpless than an infant by a green rock is the greatest superhero ever?

Bitch please... Fucking Hawkeye, a mere mortal, has more worth than superman

Obviously Aquaman

She's best wife and best mother.

Forgot pic

Kryptonite doesn't hurt Superman as much when the plot dictates it.

>on here
You mean in one thread dedicated to continuity wanking and reading bland comics all for the sake of being completionists

Arthur is cool too.

As someone who suffers with mental health issues I find more inspiration from pic related.

Because he's an inspiration more than any other character.
t. Marvelfag

Superman is the vanilla ice cream of superheros.

It's considered "bland" or "boring" but if you invest in quality over quantity It's the best flavor

Spider-Man is based

>Superman is at his core Clark Kent, a farm boy from Kansas who was raised to do the right thing and help people whenever he could. If he didn't have super powers he would still be out helping people as Clark Kent he might not be fighting invading aliens or stopping bank robberies but he would do what he could to help make the world a better place.
Are there any good Elseworlds stories where Clark Kent isn't an alien and/or doesn't have powers?

>
People who don't like Superman always tend to focus on the wrong part of his name, they see the Super and think he is an invincible god figure instead of seeing the MAN who has to live with the responsibility those powers bring and the consequences of what happens when he fails
To be fair one of the most notable Superman moments in the general audience's mind is him turning time back around to erase one of his failures.

>Superman is so selfless he'd rather give attention to the troubled autist in need of validation
Sounds about right.

Fuck off Max Landis.

But in all honesty the appeal and point of Superman isn't just the MAN but also the SUPER. It's appreciating and understanding both.

By saying that hes just a "dude from Kansas raised to do the right thing" ignores the fact that he also had the ability to do that thing because he's Superman. It also ignores that at a relatively early age he's informed that he isn't human, yet he takes his alien status to become even more human than most humans can aspire to be.

Look at the Fortress of Solitude. It's essentially a man cave, but on a scale far beyond any of us can imagine. The Fortress of Solitude is one of the greatest tools for understanding both the SUPER and the MAN part of Superman.

AGREE

Most "vanilla" ice cream contains only synthetized vanillin.
So that's an even more apt metaphor.

I'm not saying you need to drag Superman down into the shit with the rest of us or make him a dark and brooding Christ allegory like Snyder tries to. I understand that to have a Superman you have to have super and man in equal measure, what I was trying to say is that a lot of people I talk to about Superman only ever focus on one aspect and that's his powers they never try to look at his personality or motivations all they see is the Super not the Man they see the guy stop a runaway train but not the guy who takes time out of his day every Christmas to answer letters addressed to him something I wish DC would bring back

If you look at the first line of my previous post you should be able to see that I appreciate the super side of the Man of Steel but I also appreciate the man behind the muscle the guy who would go out of his way to help other even without powers.

To me a good Superman story, hell a good Superhero story in general. should fill the reader with that same childlike wonder that makes you believe a man can fly, that people can be truly selfless and that the world isn't the cold bitter shithole that we live in, something that I haven't seem in comics in a long time

>Superman will never be as popular as Batman
>I go to the Batman hate threads and drink delicious supertears

Feels good man.

As if he could drain Superman fast enough. Only a hack would make Superman job to this guy.