Can animation be considered off model if it was never on model to begin with?

Can animation be considered off model if it was never on model to begin with?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ianjq/status/573718440743059457
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not really, but it still not an excuse.

steven looks like shit now
the voice actor straining to keep his voice high pitched isn't helping either

just let the kid fucking grow up

I've never seen a screenshot where the characters manage to look good.

I like to imagine the Gems actually do change around weirdly all the time because of their shape shifting

>everything has to look the sane and formulaic
Fucking autists, cant you just accept it looks cute?

Me too, but it unfortunately can't account for the human characters doing it.

it doesn't look cute he looks like a pigbeast in a afro wig that keeps shapeshifting

I thought they just digitally pitch shifted it.

Shut the fuck up faggit. Im sick lf all you autistic retards complaining instead of emjoying shit. Cant something just be good for once?

except it's not good, have some fucking standards you sorry excuse of a shit poster

Yes, when model sheets exist.

It gives it a personality charm.
Like how Fantastic Mr Fox could have been animated flawlessly, but he told them to deliberately make the fur move unrealistically to give it more charm.

Youre the one who has shittaste if you cant enjoy this masterpiece you fucking faggot

>not liking Steven Universe
Wow shit taste. It's like the only kids cartoon worth watching right now.

>Charm
Nice fucking buzzword.

No. It doesn't look cute.

Like I said, I've never seen a shot of the show where the characters manage to look good.

It has nothing to do with looking the same or consistent.

Just...good.

I'll take fatass over midget. At least he looks normal.

Are you sure it's the way it's drawn or do you just dislike the designs? Because there are episodes where characters are drawn quite well, but if you just hate how the show looks period then you aren't going to like it regardless of who's drawing it.

Ian "offmodel" jones quarty says as long as you can tell who's who then it's on model

i personally cant enjoy it because its an eye sore. everyone's flawed appearance just triggers me, especially the purple ones cleft lip and the little fuckers raspberry hair

Steven only looked like the one on the left on a few select episodes where Kat was boarding. She doesn't even draw him like that anymore.

>steven looks like shit now
>now

twitter.com/ianjq/status/573718440743059457
For reference pretty much every OK KO short has a different visual style (like the only shorts I can name that have essentially identical styles are KO and Carol)

Steven never looks normal. He's ugly as sin.

this type of model sheet is a standard practice in the industry, especially once they phased out layouts

There have been many times the boarders have gone out of their way to make the characters look extra cartoony, it's fun

That's repulsive.

this DESU. this off model style can be appealing at times

You can relate huh?

He had a deeper voice and was taller at the start of the series.

Now he's meant to be 14 but he's shrunk to midget size and his voice has gotten higher

Nice projection. Sorry I don't like your fat little husbando.

Just saying you're probably ugly. You're probably uglier than Steven, which is quite the achievement.

>You're probably uglier than Steven, which is quite the achievement.
So you do agree he's an ugly little turd. Why attack me then? Struck a nerve?

Who shrunk his face?

>Now he's meant to be 14 but he's shrunk to midget size and his voice has gotten higher

I don't mind him being all chibified but I'm a little irked that his voice is so much higher now. Like after season 1 his voice got deeped and less puberty-ish and that was good, but now they've made it higher again. Kinda disappointing.

Even if the animation was something you'd consider to have no model, the type of animation that was used on that certain character becomes the model of the animation.
Thus when the animation of that character becomes something different, then the animation is considered off model.

Dude chill, just joshin with you. No need to get upset haha

It feels like his voice is higher in some episodes than others. For some reason I feel like every Paul and raven episode his voice is much higher than usual.

>joshin with you
hahaha sure you were haha Yoshi's eggs right? hahaha I would like to smell them.

>It feels like his voice is higher in some episodes than others.

It seemed pretty high during the more recent bomb. I don't know for sure because I wasn't paying attention but I don't think Raven and Paul did all of those episodes.

Relevant?

>OK KO
Holy shit, dude. OK K.O.! is the title. There's a logo for a reason.

People always pick awkward frames to analyze.

>awkward frames
That's at least 70% of Steven Universe. I like the show, but come on, it sucks a lot in a lot of regards, and the consistency is probably the biggest offender

autism

>pic related

The real problem is that you have different people working on different episodes. Most of the first season was finding a style the crew liked, and wanted to stick with.
After that the animation got a slight upgrade and the art style became a little more consistent.
People who complain about how Steven looks now often say 'why isn't he fat anymore'. Which can be answered in a number of ways:

1) Steven's getting older and beginning to go through puberty. Therefore, he's growing taller thus appearing to be less fat.

2) He's getting stronger. Slowly replacing his layers of fat with muscle.

3) The animators find his appearance more likeable now then they did at the beginning.

I know that last argument is kind of bullshit, and personally I don't like it. But you can never keep it out of the realm of possibility when all you have is speculation.

>3) The animators find his appearance more likeable now then they did at the beginning.
>I know that last argument is kind of bullshit
that's the only correct one, they're just drawing his proportions cuter after getting comfortable drawing his design

qt pearl

y-you just don't get it! it's SD like a kawaii anime (^o^)

You aren't exactly a looker, either.

That's because you can't see me. My triggered little mongoloid.

Making a playful quip means I'm triggered?

Youre replying to a shitposter.

You know, these days, I swear don't even know.

>haha I-I was just pretending

>people who think the show has ugly characters are shitposters
Different opinions really upset you don't they?

yes