Great Lakes Avengers™ #4 Storytime

No one storytimed the new Great Lakes Avengers? Well, we can't have that. After all, they're Detroit's very own OFFICIALLY SANCTIONED Avengers™ team and I can't imagine anything that happens in this issue could take that away from them.

Nope, not a thing.

Why would you do this to yourself?

Not him, but it's an okay book.

Apparently this fill-in artist didn't get the memo that Good Boy's fursona is male, because that chest is looking rather bulbous. Remember when editors did their jobs? Yeah, me neither.

Thanks for the read OP

Gotdamn.

Is it just me or did the art somehow get even worse? At least Bertha looks decent though.

It's a fill-in artist.

I'm sorry, but don't you even want to address a flaw in his thinking or something?
Are you just gonna ignore him here?

EVEN BETTER

Damn. This is probably the last time we hear about this, but damn.

>fails to actually help anyone
>gets shot
>IT'S NOT LIKE THIS WORLD NEEDED HEROES ANYWAY!

Hot damn this is bad. If it wasn't for my degenerate fetishes I would've dropped this long ago.

He'll be fine, probably has regenerating powers.

It's the level of incompetence that Detroit deserves.

What's there to even address? He's a psychopath with delusions of grandeur. He acts like he couldn't do both and simply uses his political angle to justify ruining people's lives. This comic is terrible, but he's a complete joke and is treated as such.

He's going for populated neighborhoods in Detroit, just mow over the ones that only have squatters.

Good Boy has been a bad girl.

Who's the qt in the freckles?

Hot DAMN Big Bertha is fucking hot. Loving these new artists.

Do they help any other Great Lakes cities, like Cleveland, cause they could sure use it

This book was solicited as a comedy, so where are the jokes?

Gambit will stick his dick anywhere, even where you least expect it.

heh I like how the flashback uses the old comic coloring style

He just paradropped into Wolverine, too.

You misunderstand. Everyone on the team is a joke.

Doorman is the best thing about this comic and he's hardly even in it, and why isn't Craig dying more often?

Is that BPRD baking soda?

hopefully they'll put that beast to sleep

No that is a very Bad Boy.
Bertha get the spray bottle.

Thank you, OP. That's at least two people who care about this book.

Fill in artist

meh, proportionately speaking those tits are the same size and shape as chris evans'. i'll let it slide

It would appear so.

So Bertha DID deliberately get fat because she was sick of living up to expectations at her old size.

That's kind of hot.

>why isn't Craig dying more often?
his mortality rate is proportionate to how depressed he is
aka, the further into the story we go the more he's gonna die

>Roll him up in a blanket and toss him out a truck

An oldie, but still a goodie.

Cap must have given Connie the dicking of her life if she's still this thirsty for super hero dick.

Thanks for the story time OP.

How is this book doing in the solicits? Not cancelled yet, I hope?

This really is Detroit.

Not yet, but it'll be cancelled soon enough.

They really need to get her a super suit, at the rate she's going through clothes she'll be wearing burlap sack in no time.

>Gentrification is BAD!
>Filthy, crime-ridden slums are GOOD!

Detroit deserves so, so much BETTER than that, though.

It was the Paris of the West!

It's to America's shame that it's fallen as far as it has.

That speculation on your part? Or do we have dates? Only interested if we have dates.

No it doesn't. It made it's bed, now it has to sleep in it.

>BBW
>smol bewbs
How do they fuck this up?

She never had big boobs. Just flabby fat people boobs. If anything, these are a step up.

Mainly speculation ooing by how long other marvel books have been tending to last when they're not part of an official push, so far they're good till issue 6.

Maybe they'll give this book a little more leeway since it's part of the avengers family, but that'll probably get them as far as 12 issues.

Looks more like a wolf here than in the last two issues.

Them feet

>smol bewbs
They're literally bigger than Doorman's head.

Wow.
Near dead, wrapped in a rug and ropes, with a sign that says "I'm a criminal".
If this were the Philippines, he'd be totally dead, wrapped in cardboard and packing tape, and have a sign that says "I'm a drug pusher."
Oh, and chances are good he'd actually be innocent, too.

OH SHIT

the regular artist intentionally draws her to actually look like a furry OC rather than a typical wolf-man. A lot of it comes down to subtle differences in the shape of the snout.

On one hand, I respect that commitment. On the other hand, there's something about that art style that I've always found inherently queasy, even before I knew what the furry fandom was

>bertha didnt go ssbbw
shit issue

what would an ssbbw god ssbbw look like?

a play on Arm & Hammer?

Well duh, if he were a real pusher he they oild cash in the body.

Bertha's now unbearable to read, Flatman is a Doormat and Mr. Immortal hasn't died for two issues. This new furry fuck s really annoying too, though if her hyper violent behavior is treated like the crippling flaw it is I could accept her (him?)

Overall it's awful, particularly this chapter.

Where

the

FUCK

is Doorman?

Getting chewed out by his boss.

It's actually a decent villain backstory considering the shithole city he lived in with nearly all superheroes either in New York or California.

And then all we get for a payoff is this "lol didn't listen" joke that I've never found exactly funny and it's been so overused that these days it only makes the heroes look like smug cunts.

Good boy a cute

Huh, he's still alive. That's...bad?

I actually like it better.

He likely has some kind of regeneration or immorality since we see him getting blasted through the chest in his origin story. Had Bertha been paying attention to his story then she would have realised that.

I came here for Doorman since he's been the most consistently funny
I am disappointed

I hpe he doesn't get fired, I like him with the cape.

Except here they emphasise they are terrible assholes at every turn. It's the fucking white trash team!
You have the alcoholic yelling at his fat ex, the fraud, the freeloader, the crazy bitch who lives online for good reason...

Sure, but it's just that at least when it came to superheroics they used to care.

Well, they are officially barred from heroics right now.
And the situation was muddled from the beginning with nothing about scooping up this drunkard being the least glamorous.
And the guys who really care have not been responsible, really. They were out talking through their motivations to walk back in and find the girls shat the bed and set the house on fire.
I would say if anyone is out of whack it's Bertha. But she behaves so much like fat white trash you can kinda chalk it up to how much larding out changed her.

And he was taking out normal-ass suburbs that have actual stable buildings

Detroit has only a few supervillains in ever
Like just normal humans to deal with

pecs4days senpai

HE'S EWING'S NOW

Well, fuck me then.

>inb4 next issue is Doorman doing a grim reaper marathon to finish his backlog of souls, otherwise Oblivion will ground him.

Thanks for posting, OP! I've been pretty neutral on the series, but , , and were damn strong pages. Book might be finding its footing.

bu-mp