Hey Sup Forums let's read I Kill Giants

Hey Sup Forums let's read I Kill Giants

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt4547194/?ref_=nv_sr_1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lets not

How is everyone doing tonight?

Are you not a fan?

Yooo this is some good shit. Dan always story-timing the good stuff, I also read Miss Don't Touch Me, what a ride.

Anyway, what do y'all think about the movie they're making out of this? Hopes? Dreams? Nightmares?

Already did
It's weeb shit

It's live action and should be animated.

Other than Niimura on art there are more references to American "nerd" culture than anything from Japan.

Dan you're the only reason I keep coming back to this hole. Thanks, I'm going to enjoy this re-read. One of the best graphic novels I've seen. Great balance across it. Not too light not too heavy tells a great story.

It really should be, you just can't replicate the scratchy, unrefined aesthetic of this comic with real actors. Plus child-actors are notoriously bad at conveying serious emotion. Nothing against the children themselves, their bodies just aren't developed enough. Traditional animation would solve both, but I haven't seen a traditional animated movie in theaters since The Princess and the Frog.

I want the movie to be good and I will watch and enjoy it if it is, but there are so many doubts surrounding it right now.

In a perfect would Laika would have picked it up.

... shit, they're making a movie out of this?

I'm already up too late, got to work in the morn. I'll give it a read over lunch Thanks for sharing Dan!

And before you say your little humble tagline,

Thanks for sharing other people's work because I wouldn't be exposed to it otherwise, Dan!

Sleep well dream well user!

Yep! And it's slated for a 2017 release! imdb.com/title/tt4547194/?ref_=nv_sr_1

The director is some Danish literal who. This will be his first feature length movie. But hey, at least Joe Kelly will be writing the screenplay. The writers are often the real heroes of these things so maybe it'll work out.

I was just thinking that. If Kubo is anything to go by, the scenes with Giants and fantasy elements in them would be gorgeous. But, alas, we do not live in the best of all possible worlds.

Laika is doing an amazing job in their field, Kubo had an incredible variety of techniques used in Kubo, the skeleton was a breathtaking combination of a huge moving puppet, green screen and their stop motion.

I didn't enjoy it at all. They first try to go on with the delusions and reality strongly tied in, after some events they go full on magic never really explaining anything and ending it trying to match the whole reality x delusion setting again when they went full bonkers at the conclusion fights.

>never really explaining anything
uhm they explained everything

Pardon me, I meant it was lousy explained. I don't think they tied in the two realities as good as they did on the beginning of the comic. It felt lacking.

I just had a terrible thought. How are they going to handle the ears? They're something that's a little weird but in my experience I adjusted to them very quickly and when I was finished I realized how good they were for adding expression to Barbara. The problem is, in a live-action movie, they're going to look outright stupid for one of two reasons.

Reason 1) They've gone for a physical prop, and since the physical prop doesn't move, you lose the expressiveness and it just looks silly.

Reason 2) They've gone for CGI animated ears, but that looks ugly since you're badly splicing CGI onto a real character.

The only way out of this is if they somehow get real prop ears that can move fluidly. But at that point they'll probably just cut them from the movie.

>the two realities
There is only one reality and the imagination of a teenage girl. The imaginations are there to give the girl a mean for escape.

The only way it COULD work is if they made it look as seamless as say Deadpool and Spider-man's new eyes.

>How are they going to handle the ears?
those aren't her ears. Look at the first panel there you can see her ears.

He's saying her fake ears are used to convey emotion.