“I’m gonna direct the next Batman, we’re working on it,” Affleck confirmed...

>“I’m gonna direct the next Batman, we’re working on it,” Affleck confirmed. “It’s one of those things that’s really frustrating because with ‘Live By Night’ it took me a year-and-a-half to write it and get it ready and I worked really hard. It’s just no one gave a shit. No one was like, ‘WHERE’S ‘LIVE BY NIGHT?’ But with Batman I keep getting the, “WHERE’S THE FUCKING BATMAN?” I’m like, “Whoa, I’m working! Give me a second!”
It's going to be okay fellow DChads. He just needs his prep time.

Justice League is a mess
"DChad" didn't happen because of the DCEU
It happened because of Rebirth

He sounds upset people didn't like Live By Night. I hope he'll be okay.

>After years of career almost becoming a joke, you start to get respect as a film maker
>Your even even an Oscar
>Get cast as Batman
>Now all people care about is Batman and bring it up in all interviews all the time even when you're doing a press tour for entirely unrelated other movies

Ben Affleck gets no respect.

It's his own fault for falling into the trap of capeshit. His only hope of rising up from the pit is bringing capeshit up with him.

Being Ben Affleck is suffering.

Almost as much as being Henry Cavill is suffering

He wanted this.
He wanted to be Batman.
He got monkey pawed hard.

Has anyone here seen that movie? How is it?

Critics are hating it for ideological reasons.

So it's the Accountant all over again? I was thinking of seeing either Live by Night or La La Land this week, decisions, decisions.

Yup. Some even mention Accountant in their reviews.

Typical gangster type movie, except with extra drama. The LA mafia/cop one a few years is a bit better, but you'd be better off with some of the classic gangster movies from the late '80s, '90s.

Main problem is the rumors that this was going to take the place of the Flash or Aquaman spot, plus The Cereal King's twitter post and interview comments that they were working on a script. Johns is used to working on a script for a few months (at most), handing it off to an artist, inker, colorist, letter and within six months, you can have an entire graphic novel. Movies don't work that way and big budget movies never will.

>La La Land
Why? That's not even a choice.

>Movies don't work that way and big budget movies never will.
But wasn't Suicide Squad written in six weeks?

I like musicals and one centered around Emma Stone and jazz sounds compelling, and it perhaps has slightly more comfy entertainment value than a more serious bootlegger gangster story.

Ferris Bueller was written in a week.

THE KINO RISES

If they're smart they'll just never do it but keep saying they will. Like a "You guys need to keep the DCEU alive until The Batman! So buy two tickets to Wonder Woman!"

If they were smart, they'd make movies people would want to see on their own.

what terrible choices. go see rogue one

I'm surprised that took more than six hours to write.

>what terrible choices.
>go see rogue one
Why provide another terrible choice?

>Step aside, Zack Snyder, I'll show you how it's done.

SAVE US THE ROCK!

Go see La La Land, it was fantastic

If he nails Batman that's an easy billion.

"If" being the keyword.

Ben Affleck is gonna suck my dick

It's too late for that. This is what we've got.

I see little reason why he wouldn't Hope he gets the same cinematrographer he used on Live by Night

Because of the possibility of executive meddling.

Batfleck wouldn't be dumb enough to not insist creative control and final cut. He knows he's probably the most successful part of the DC movies at the moment and that's why WB is so keen on him also directing Batman, he'd definitely have the pull do negotiate a beneficial contract like that.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I trust Ben. It's WB we have to look out for.

I will never understand why they casted The Rock as the villain when he could be a hero instead of a throw away villain.

>Black Adam
>throwaway villain

not him but i'm a pleb regarding Shazam & Black Adam. I see why user would think they would just have 1 movie with him and kill him off at the end like how Marvel does. Think DC will follow suit?

They didn't kill Lex at the end of BvS, and Zod kind of came back as a zombie monster.
Even Marvel hasn't killed off ALL their villains.

They should have made Black Adam a founding JL member. Then Billy can replace him when he betrays them later.

>people care about Batman
>nobody really gave a shit about Ben's Bugsy Malone remake
Eh, what did he expect exactly?
That something people have no prior knowledge about, would generate a lot of hype?

Go to sleep, Damon.

Remember Dogma, Ben? Remember Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back? Remember the good times we had?

>The Rock's manager/ex-wife Garcia's new client is Henry Cavil
>she's going to merge the Superman/Shazam movie into 1 project or have Clark atleast play some supporting role.
>They're going to try to shill their film company to WB when Snyder fulfills his contract obligations.

The Rock is going to jew out Snyder out of DC!

DISNEY ON SUICIDE WATCH
MKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH
DC HATERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

No amount of shilling will keep the truth out forever. Sorry Darkseid, a big lie won't swallow up the truth this time!

This was my first thought too. You wanted to be Batman so much you got swallowed up by his shadow. Sorry Affleck.

If they play their cards right, Black Adam could have been a really heroic champion and the one who was able to defeat Darkseid thousands of years ago, before he became evil. He could have worked together with Amazons, Atlanteans, Anthro, and the Ancient Blue Beetle as a team to hold off the attack.

So long Snyderverse. Hello Rockverse

Ah yes, a superhero universe of hope, optimism & FUN. Been a long time coming.

Snyder's already doing that. He'll beat Marvel at their own game after already making great movies with different tones.

Just look how bright this picture is

No.
>tfw you're Superman and still feel tiny

>triggered

Face it, Snyder is the best.

The Rock will have to make gigabucks and positive press with his Shazam movie to gain leverage to push Snyder out of a contract extension.

If the Shazam movie turns out to be an adaptation of First Thunder I'd be extremely happy.

Right now the only people that reviewed are early and it's been going up since then. When it drops tomorrow I'm sure it will be okay. Most of the complaints are silly anyways. It's like "is a okay movie but since Ben directed it it should be an Oscar worthy one, so since it's not I'm giving it a mediocre score. " kind of bullshit.

I thought the bigwigs were already distancing themselves from Snyder? He's not attached to Justice League 2, right?

Because the Rock is a Black Adam fanboy and only wanted to play him. Hence why he's going to be a major focus in the movie and Shazam has any traction at all as a project.

Literally just got out of a screening, its got some editing problems/inconsistencies and it meanders a little but I really liked it.

idk what means though, its not a typical gangster movie really, though it utilizes typical gangster tropes to tell its story. Its kind of like the Forest Gump of gangster movies, in that its more the story of a single man's life over the long period of time as he experiences gangster movie things.

Snyder still has a chance to turn it around, if he performs to their expectations, but if The Rock can make a First Thunder movie that outperforms BvS and positive press to boot, we'll be seeing The Rockverse.

I think thats up in the air. We'll see how he performs this year.

GET HYPE IN THIS BITCH

>Snyder is the best
At making garbage.

you guys are so obsessed with "fun" it makes me doubt youve ever read Superman comics, and its sad that you limit the idea of enjoyment to "fun" in a very child like sense of the word. And btw Snyder's movies are all about hope and optimism.

>“WHERE’S THE FUCKING BATMAN?”
That shit made me laugh.

>Its kind of like the Forest Gump of gangster movies

Well shit, that does sound interesting.

damn the thought of this makes me giddy af

>everyone who likes different things than me has never read any comics, only I've read comics everyone else is dumb but me
Shut up kid, The Rock is talking.

Hah that is pretty funny. Sounds like a Joker line in a fanfic.

You know Kevin Smith asks him once per day.

I don't doubt he, he sperged about it in his podcast and you know he'll try to get a cameo in his film.

IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU THINK JABRONIE

On the plus side, He gets to make his mark as THE On screen live action Batman for an entire generation. He could, if he plays this right, be the man remembered as THE Batman not seen since Adam West. He could ensure his performance is the definitive on screen batman and be the measuring stick by which all future Batmen will be measured by. To be the live action equivalent of Conroy. Others may come after, they may be good, even great, but a day may come where we will say "No one ever can do it better than Ben did"

And that is a damn fine legacy for a Batman fan to have.

Hopes and dreams.

He said he got to chose between Captain Marvel and Black Adam and he chose Black Adam.

Because Whiplash was great and La la land has really good reviews.

>The Rock of Eternity

What did he mean by this?

Too bad that's most likely not happening in JL. I don't dare hope.

Kevin Smith and Affleck aren't friends and haven't spoken in years.

Because Cena will be Captain Marvel

>On the plus side, He gets to make his mark as THE On screen live action Batman for an entire generation

By this time next year Affleck will have been Batman in 4 films. He and Irons are the best part of the DCEU and they're getting dragged down by the rest. Those two getting nominated for razzies is absurd even though the rest of the film was garbage

TII-DI-DI-DII
TII-DI-DI-DII

4? BvS, SS and JL.....whats the 4th? Id barely even count SS.

Cameo in Wonder Woman

>cameo in SS
>cameo in WW
>retroactively put into MoS

Is batman going to be in everything?!

yes

Batman sells.

The new name of the DCEU is Batman and friends.

Still not as bad as Tony Stark or his father being at the center/creator of literally everything in the MCU.

Not the PYM PARTICLES.

well we've had 14 MCU movies and a stark has been in 9 of them. However.... we did go two years without starks. After IM3 we didn't see a stark again till AoU. 3 movies in a row with no starks.

Their most succesful movie was focused on villains. So youre asking they'll go Marvel Route and kill villains. What do you think?

The fuck do you mean New name?

Well it used to just be Superman scowls at the audience for 50 minutes while everyone else talks around him.

Nothing happens in the middle.

DChad happened because of oddly written AV club review of suicide squad

Also probably the current state of Marvel helped too

Why would Ben remake this flick? It's awful

The Rock is very likable so I'd like to see him play an edgy anti-hero/villain type

He would have been a good Shazam too

>inb4 Shazam is a white dude
I don't know if he's that iconic of a character where you can't change his race

I am still directing. The DCEU will be fine. There is no reason to panic. We are not at war with Eurasia.

We have always been at war with Eurasia.