So for someone not too familiar with the Black Mask, if he's supposed to be the king of Gotham's underworld...

So for someone not too familiar with the Black Mask, if he's supposed to be the king of Gotham's underworld, why do recent adaptations of the character make him such a wimp?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nx3KD9Xo1fg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think the Red Hood and the Outlaws version of him has been fun.

My question ia why the fuck can't they decide of it's actually a mask or his deformed face?
Make up your fucking minds.

Because muh Joker

Can't it be both?

>It was a mask but it became who he is.
2deep4me

because like all kings he got dethroned

im more curious as to why he is even a threat.

...it's both.

>"And now we finally learn the truth, that Black Mask is ACTUALLY..."
>Removes mask
>"Why the fuck do you wear a mask of your own face!?"

Because everyone jobs to Batman

He's not the "king" he's just a big player. He's an absolute sociopath and sadomasochist who probably comes off as a whimp when he loses because he's not above grovelling for his life. He can be a scary motherfucker though because he really isn't above doing anything for profit or pleasure, no matter how awful.

Marketing.

Is this where Sup Forums is at now? We call Black Mask losing to Batman "jobbing?"

It was never deformed. The mask got fused to his face in an accident.

In the DCAU he has faxial expressions. When you got a mug like that it's not just a mask any more

Ask Batman about his mask of Bruce Wayne wearing a Batman mask

Thus completing the Batman villain origin flow chart

>Is face jacked up?
>If yes do you also have brain problems?
>???
>Harass Batman.

in the DCAU every mask had facial expressions

Because king of Gotham's underworld meant nothing after costumed freaks did a number on organized crime. It's impossible to get this shit done when not only Batman's around, but other supervillains ruin all of your plans in the crossfire either through chaos or directed spite.

Plus, I don't think writers have been able to look past the whole power drill fiasco.

And here I thought he was Zatanna's arch-enemy who frequently uncovers her magic tricks.

Remember when the costumed freaks WERE the underworld, and not just lolrandom maniacs?

I always thought it was a mask that was melted onto his face

Pic related.

He used to be a big guy until Batman came along and WRECKED crime. Sure people still commit crimes every once in a while but Gotham's "underworld" is now gutted beyond repair.

youtube.com/watch?v=nx3KD9Xo1fg