RWBY/RT General #1124: Scorp Edition

Previous thread:Rules of RWBY/RT General:

>1. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion.
>3. Don't believe their lies

Latest Chapter: roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-volume-4-episode-9-fd5jl9

1080P Episode Archive:
mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

Latest episode M3U8: wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/54be0839-8875-46cd-bf04-d55d3ed4b06a/index.m3u8

Whike Tyrian is a bug of sorts, he is not the bug I was hoping for, t b h

He is still cool though. Liked his crazed demeanour when he fought. It was nice hearing him hive off a heartfelt "woo-hoo!", the guy enjoys himself.

I will deliver on the smug bug next thread

Gotta love your work man
I just hope he gets a decent workplace compensation after what happened, Salem seems an alright boss but we haven't seen what happens when you outright fail a mission for her either

Post lolis and RT will make them canon.

We already have a canon loli

I reckon we got a taste of what happens then when Salem was grilling Cinder about Ozpin. Clearly, the woman has a strict side.

On the other hand, she was surprisingly affable and supportive to Cinder despite the plan not going perfectly in that first scene. So she might have it in her to forgive the scorp.

Based user with the Scorp edition.

Yeah but we need more. And to be fair, this one looks more like a petite girl than a loli.

I'm still not sure if Salem actually wanted Cinder to kill Ozpin or if the plan was for her to just cripple and then trap him under Beacon so he couldn't just reincarnate out
And yeah, I'm hoping that this last scene that Josh teased was him being 'forgiven' in some horrific fashion before he gets one last chance to capture Ruby

>this bitch useless
>YEET

Oh, I haven't heard about Josh teasing anything. What did he say?

Go check the Afterbuzz for episode 7, he said something like "if you think Tyrian is crazy now, just wait for his last scene" or something like that

Afterbuzz for episode 7, I think, had an interview with Josh. He said we'd get one more scene with Tyrian this volume, learn some background for Tyrian and that we'd see just how crazy Tyrian really is.

Oh shit, I forgot about AfterBuzz again. I'll have to skim some of them later.

Thanks, though. From the "the Volume" comment, it sounds like Tyrian is there to stay for the moment.

>TyrianinTokyoGhoul.png

God I hope so, Tyrian's really grown on me and for some reason his design and attack pattern makes him feel like a early stage 'checking you've understood the basics' boss
That and I really want Ruby to get some revenge AND finally win a fight on her own without anyone or anything intervening in her favour

>really want Ruby to get some revenge
From what? Her own fuck up?

If anything Tyrian will be back for revenge for his tail.

For Qrow's death.

He's part of a group that's responsible for almost everything that's gone wrong in her life, including possibly growing up without a mother.

First he has to die. Let's not jump the gun.

Why are we talking about Qrow now?

>Implied that Hazel, Tyrian and Watts fought and possibly killed Summer

Could it be, could Ruby finally turn into a character with motivations and actual characterization? Surely not.

Anyone else getting this?

How much is it

Aren't those only in grabber machines in Japan?
Or is someone actually making decent RWBY merch now?

Yeah, I'm getting this as well.
Tried removing the corrupted file, but it keeps coming up.
Anyone more tech-savy than me knows how to solve this?

We have Weiss escaping

Blake running away

Yang finishing her training

And Ruby reaching Mistral's school

Sounds like a decent finale

>Blake running away
All of a sudden, I don't hate Adam as much

>Drunkle will die next episode

You mean these?

Still need that sauce

>Blake running away

It would be a running gag at this point.

Good.
Branwens are shit.
1 down, one to go.

How would you feel if Ren was attracted to Jaune the entire time?

Drunkle Qrow will live.

And nothing of value was lost.

Nice.

cute

>Nora taller than Ruby
Proof that all shippers are cancer who don't actually care about the show or the characters

except the best male character on the show.

He's death flagging so hard right now. Not just the poison, but he just spent an episode divulging all his secrets, his semblence, explaining basically everything about himself to the main cast, and he's in a mentor role.

You're reading into it a little too hard there my dude

Dash always draws rube extra small

I don't mind it, small rube is a cute

>Blake running away
Blake is truly the worst girl

>he just spent an episode divulging all his secrets, his semblence, explaining basically everything about himself
So wait, did he explain everything he knows about Salem and we missed it and the cast know something we don't, or did he never get around to telling them?

Dash drew that?
Hasn't she been on an anti-Jaune crusade for the past 3 volumes?
But now it's all good because implied homosex?
Oh, Tumblr....

>and he's in a mentor role.
The whole "I have delivered the plot now" thing I'll give you, but we really haven't seen Qrow the mentor at all in the show. And right now out of RWBY we have Yang with Tai training, Weiss training herself and on course to go the Academy and get some training there (maybe even from Winter), Blake is going to meet (and fight) one of her mentors
Ruby is the odd one out, and also the one most in need of training. That goes for all of RNJR. Having Qrow recovering from the poison would be a good lead in to him having to train RNJR

She's drawn Jaune before, she's about as annoyed with him as we all are.

Tyrian knew about Jaune only because he found Jaune's account on a dating site for gays

So we're mostly counting on Qrow dying.

How do you think they'll do it so he actually survives?

Meme cat whisks him away to Atlas on a rainbow

He'll become drunk aura ghost

>Best
>When Irondaddy exists
>When Roman existed

Raven appears with some magic tribal medicine. Ruby gets one favor because she's family.

He said that he was heading to Haven to get answers as well. So I'm guessing that actually is all he knows, more or less.

He said not much is known about her. Could be he doesn't know shit, or if he does know anything he's sure not telling.
Or perhaps Miles and Kerry haven't yet decided on where to go and what to do with her, so they're hedging their bets by not committing to anything just yet.

Considering we saw a red eyed raven during the Qrow v Winter fight, its more likely that Qrow just hasn't used his one save yet
Raven turns up with the Spring Maiden, we get to see magic that's not variants on fireball
After that, RNJR limps along with a recovering Qrow who starts mentoring RNJR because he can't save their asses now

Raven saves him using Spring or Jaune healing Semblance.

Its probably a little of both, but wasn't Salem one of the first characters that Monty designed?
Of course with Monty that could be anything from him actually setting out her methods and motivations to just him just drawing up her current design or something close to it

Considering that the same was said of SSSN, it's not exactly inspiring confidence

I should say best surviving, cause yeah, Roman, but Ironwood and his stubby arms are certainly not better than Qrow.

He explained everything he knew about her, but he said much of her is still a mystery because she hides behind her minions.

Mentor doesn't just mean combat trainer, it's also just a guide, an observer watching over them, etc. I mean Obi Wan didn't do much training of Luke but he was still the mentor, explaining things and watching over them/protecting them.

Also while not explicitly shown in the show, it's canon that Qrow taught Ruby how to fight with a scythe.

Good point about mentors, and you're right that we know he taught Ruby how to use CR but I'd still like to see him be that mentor to her again and to the rest of RNJR. They still need guidance and so far he's the only character even remotely positioned to give it. Even Obi-Wan did more explaining before he died
Both did similar levels of "from a certain point of view" though so there's that
SSSN was an early design? I know Sun was kind of a pet project that Monty had been working with for a while, but I didn't know the rest of his team was as well.

Well next episode is the Finale for the volume isn't it? I mean, it's set up pretty plain that Qrow could die.

Finale? Nope, we've got three episodes left and this week is likely a WoR anyway
And Qrow could die, but I'm hoping they keep him around for a bit longer yet

Just gonna throw this out for anyone who doesn't already know, there's a /rwby/ board on 2^3channel.

Is it active?

We know that already the /trash/ thread uses it for CYOAs otherwise they are mostly empty.

Nice, love that angle for garter straps.

The fights seem more grounded and less anime-y this volume

>Blek & Sun v. Sea Grimm

So Techno Rave kind of Valhalla?

How does Neo's semblance allow her to disappear?

Is the one glaring exception, and even then had good reasons to be as gravity ignoring as it was, seeing as how it was over water

It bends light around her instead of reflecting it.

Makes sense. Gravity comes from earth, so over water there's less of it.

Illusion bullshit most likely
Although why her jumping away got a different effect compared to her glass shattering illusion we saw earlier I can't really explain.
Well, I can, but "she was created and put in the show at the absolute last second and I doubt all her powers were that well thought out" is a bit of a shitty explanation

why is the rube so happy

I assume monty oum was the only one who knew what her powers really were and took that secret to his grave.

Had a few drinks with her friend

I think her powers are pretty much set as illusion based, but we've only got two examples of her teleporting out of a fight and they both contradict each other
Does she make glass clones to confuse people, or does she just disguise her presence somehow? Her ability to change clothes and eye colour on a whim would imply its an illusion, but then where did the glass shattering come from?
Unless that was Roman's semblance

She got an award for smallest feet in all the land

She got her new shirt in

>make illusion
>leave train car without opening doors
Then again I could have sworn Blake could only make shadow clones of herself but she did Yang two in the Adam fight.

Just like Auras, the limits and capabilities of Semblances are vague and may vary depending on what the plot and each scene asks for.