THE DEFENDERS

First look.

I'm hype

you guys think it will be good for Matt to be around other supers?

I'm more worried about other supers being around Matt. If he looks sideways at Jessica they're going to need to pick out a coffin.

Oh hey Luke in a yellow t-shirt

So what are they fighting?

Awesome.

Sigourney Weaver. And probably the Hand.

The Hand, probably as the central enemy. It's only 8 episodes long.

So Daredevil is the only one with an actual costume. Great.

I really hope they destroy the Hand. I really don't want to have so many more Netflix seasons devoted to ninjas with no interesting aspects.

What old black guy is gonna die in this show?

Claire Temple

>old black guy

She is literally none of those things.

I just hope they have someone actually interesting leading the fuckers. Season 1 Nobu was so hype, but in season 2, he and the rest of the hand suddenly got really boring. They went from a comics-accurate awesome costume with a distinctive weapon to black pajamas and every ninja armed with superior-Nippon-steel-folded-1000-times katanas.

How can you tell Danny doesn't have one? Matt's not wearing his either in the pic. Jessica isn't supposed to wear one and Luke hasn't in ages.

Elektra at least. They might do some kind of very loose adaptation of Shadowland with the Beast possessing Elektra instead of Matt, or maybe Weaver's Alexandra fills a role similar to Ken Wind in Elektra Assasin.

The Daredevil S2 showrunners handling a team show does not making me confident considering S2 of Daredevil did one of the worst jobs balancing multiple plotlines and characters that I have ever scene in a television show.

She is black

This. The Hand plot was abysmal

>Not a costume in sight
Yep, sounds about right.

Sigourney Weaver phoning it in, probably wearing a business suit.

Yea and we can't forget that the show is centered around the Hand and everything about the Hand has been the lowpoint of this universe thus far.

Well, how do we fix The Hand, then?

The recurring problem with the Netflix MCU shows, S2 of DD in particular, is really weak second halves. Defenders is only 8 eps, so I'm hopeful that they can have a more focused story.

Cause the first half of Season 2 of DD is really really great. It's only when Elektra shows up that stuff starts to fall apart.

Not a suit

Close enough. I wonder what over the top character tick she will have that will send everyone into a frenzy about what an awesome performance she gave.

my guess is it'll be just the opposite, she'll be like super calm and dignified and reserved. Like Milverton from Sherlock.

Don't use them or retool them to fit the tone of the series better.

Miller made the Eisner film noir meets samurai / kung-fu movies cross work because it's comic books and there's some leeway, the shift in styles and tone between the Kingpin + Yakuza + drugs + gentrification of urban hell and the mystical super ninjas is jarring and awkward as hell in the live action show.

>Sigourney Weaver.
Is she gonna be an OC or some obscure literally who? Because I can't think of any big female villain that she could play.

I really hope we get a gang of street level villains called The Invaders in season 2.

Still unknown

She's called Alexandra. Can't think of any female characters of that name.

She's latina

We met her mother in Luke Cage

There is Alejandra

Someone like The Hood would be a much better villain for the Defenders.

I was thinking before we knew that that she might be a female equivalent to Ken Wind or maybe the head of IGH (Deidre Wentworth or something?)

Charlie Cox said him and Danny will be the only ones in costume

It's a joke, user

>She's Latina
>Therefore she's not (part) black

She's Kang. They're all Kang.

Everyone's Kang. It's always Kang.

>A-Lex-Sandra
>Never show her surname except it starts with an L

What, do you think Matt will be fighting crime in a business suit?

We don't even know who the villain really is yet...

I'd personally like the Wrecking Crew

In these Netflix shows, absolutely. But that's not the point, you'd kinda hope that in the first promotional image of this big superhero crossover show the characters would be dressed like, y'know, superheroes.

So what costume do you want for Iron Fist?

As long as he gets the Half mask, I'll be happy. An open shirt would be a nice nod to the original costume though.

We'll probably get the exact set of casual clothes he has in the OP image but with a brown-ish Daredevil season 1 bandanna.

I don't get it.

>In these Netflix shows, absolutely
>Daredevil not having a costume
So what you're saying is that you haven't watched the shows.

Genderbent Lex Luthor, which probably isn't too far off from the character she'll actually play.

The Hand has several problems.

The first being, who is their leader. A group of villains is only as intimidating as their leader. Sure, you can probably find examples otherwise, but season 2 felt like the Hand was a chicken with its head cutoff.

Second, Nobu barely got any screen time in season 2, so building him up as a main villain had no effect. He probably had like, 15 minutes of screentime the entire season.

Third, What the hell is a Black Sky? If Elektra being revealed as one is a huge twist, we'd have to know why it' huge. There is no reason to care about her being a Black Sky if we don't know why Black Skies should be that scary.

Fourth, actually clue us in on the Hand's goals. It's hard to get invested in a group we barely know anything about.

God, the Hand is awful.

Danny
>Don't want to reveal the suit before his own show
Luke
>hasn't worn a proper costume in ages. Nobody wants his tiara or whatever
Jessica
>Her entire point is that she hates those kinds of costumes and isn't even really a superhero and doesn't want to be one. She's just someone with powers who gets pulled into shit all the time.

If you didn't tell me that was Weaver, I would have thought it was Lucille Bluth.

>In costume for five minutes in the last episode of Season 1
>About one full episode worth of costume in Season 2

You know why I hate Season 2 of Daredevil?

Half of it is just a promo for the Punisher show.
The other half is just teasing that the Hand will be bigger villains.

The season was pretty much Amazing Spider-Man 2. Sure, the Punisher stuff was kind of fun, but all of it was just promising future content instead of being enjoyable content on its own.

Season 2 of Defenders?

That scene of Stick talking with Stone was in Season 1, right? Weird how they didn't follow up on that at all.

Like how they didn't follow up with the sniper being Bullseye.

The Netflix shows have been extremely hit or miss so I can't imagine this being any good at all.

>I really hope they destroy the Hand.
Not gonna happen. The Hand has been around for hundred of years. It'd be easier to wipe out Hydra and they can't even do that.

Nice backtracking. He wore the costume for all but maybe one of his fights in Season 2, in every episode. But I guess you didn't watch season 2.

Hand plot? Daredevil? All I remember was The Punisher. Oh, wait, that might be because I nearly passed out due to bordom whenever Frank left the scene, and had to start skipping massive chunks for my sanity.

We truly wuz kangs an' shiet

>You think he'd fight in a suit?
>Yeah, I think he would
>But he had the costume on the show already
>Yeah, but not a whole lot
>Nice backtracking
What I'm backtracking from, exactly? Is it really that far fetched that he would have a fight in a business suit? I've got no idea what you're so uppity about, friend.

And thus MCU Netflix will fail. How long can you use the Hand before everyone gives up? I'm already sick of them after DD Season 2, they were done that poorly. If it's going to be endlessly fighting Ninja's forever, then what's the point of watching?

I feel the same way user. I hate that netflix marvel is so grounded it could crash a plane. About the only think that could ever get my hype for another season of Daredevil is if they actually deliver on Stilt Man

Hydra's been totally wiped out of the MCU for the foreseeable future tho.

Ugh, I'm sick of Netflix. Ugh.

>I've got no idea what you're so uppity about, friend.
You being a shitposter who whines about shows he doesn't watch. You're guessing about the "not a whole lot" and guess what? You guessed wrong.

He might actually walk away from a fight without getting the crap kicked out of him for once.

Rich the Leech is speculating that she is a genderbent version of Alexander Bont, the Kingpin before Fisk

I'd listen to that album

Decided to ditch the hoodies, kept getting bullet holes and all that.

Cringe

>The Defenders vs. Isis/the Figgis Agency

Y'know, I think I'd give that a watch.

What about that guy in Ant-Man?

Then... cancel your subscription?

>In these Netflix shows, absolutely.

Did you even watch the two seasons of Daredevil. That hasn't been a problem thusfar, why would it start being a problem?

>A group of villains is only as intimidating as their leader

This is flat out wrong. Sometimes keeping a little mystery is good. Mystery is creepy/unnerving and can add to the story.

The trick here, though, is you cannot keep it a mystery for too long. If its not revealed for an extensive amount of time, it just becomes annoying.

Considering he's all that's left, I'm not betting on a true return for Hydra as an organization.

>who is their leader.
This has been a problem in the comics as well, they've never had a consistent leader, or even any consistent long-standing members.
The Gorgon is probably the closest there is, and Fox has the rights to him.

They should have put the actors names somewhere in the cover

Why? Nobody cares who they are.

>looks

lol

The hood was one of the 5 netflix shows marvel initially pitched to netflix.

i feel the exact opposite

Source?

dat ass doe, show was great for her ass in jeans

You thought the balancing between the Elektra / Hand plot and the Punisher / Karen plot wasn't horrendous?

hydra never goes away. AoS only got rid of the alien praising ones and the remnants of the shied hydra double agents. there are always factions everywhere

no, and i watched it in one sitting too. i like it more than season 1.

I didn't know he smoked weed

>another college flashback
>foggy smoking a bowl
>passes to matt
"they dont call me foggy for nothing"
>sharp focus on the bowl slowly fudges out of focus
"can blind people get high, murdoch?"
>matt half smiles and hits that shit

Season 3.