Sup Forums,which actor has played their superhero role the best?

It could be any actor from any era from any studio (Marvel, WB, Fox, etc.). Which actor captured the embodiment of their character flawlessly? I know a lot of popular ones will be Hugh Jackman as Logan, Chris Evans as Captain America, and Robert Downey as Iron Man. So I'll make it tough and say you have to choose only one. I don't even think it'd be premature to throw in Tom Holland's name in there. From the few minutes of Civil War and what we saw from the Homecoming trailer, dude's got Spider-Man down to a tee.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wNDXTa6KNLQ
youtu.be/BIaF0QKtY0c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kevin Conroy as Batman and Bruce Wayne is the only right answer.

Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luthor

Pfffffffft

>Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luthor

That looks CG as hell, that fucking lighting on the face. Plus the way his head move compared to his body, it's Tony Stark/Iron Man levels of floating.

Uh, no shit user, the suit goes from skin tight to baggy and decompressed, do you know how much an actual practical costume thats capable of such a feat would cost?

For a movie?

Get out of here.

They cg'd the whole suit even though they had one on set...i dont get it either.

Its Black Panther type CG enhancement, which looks fine in the trailer.

Supervillain - do I need to say?
superhero - Downey Jr. when it was news

Everyone is wrong.

Even if that were true, that's not a superhero role.

i agree it looks fine, but spidey's suit doesnt really need it other than the eyes

movie still holds up, but you gotta admit goofy stuff like this is out of character

dubs of truth all hail the king

Either this guy as J Jonah, or Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.

Learning of the Wesley Snipe antics only makes those movies more enjoyable and funnier

In your wildest Batwanking dreams

I think Evans has done a wonderful job as Cap

Smallville's Lex Luthor.

Dude didn't even put on a British accent.

Garfield was a better Spider-Man.

Tobey was a better Peter

Karl Urban as Judge Dredd. Literally born for it.

Say what you will about the movies, but Chiklis, Evans, and Gruffudd nailed their characters. Just perfect. Alba was eh, but the guys made up for it.

Disagreed. Peter shouldn't be a whiney crybaby loser. Maybe before the bite, but not after.

Crying aside, Toby was the better Peter.

What about his whiney voice?

Really all he was missing was the hair color and the accent.

Tobys voice was pretty weak over all. Couldnt project when he needed to.

>Missing the hair and accent....
>And he doesnt smoke nearly enough for Johns standards
>And hes nowhere near the same level of asshole
Have to disagree with you user. You see Constantine is a fine movie on its own, but in reality its a piss poor adaptation of both the comic and John himself.

Patrick Stewart as Professor Xavier, this isn't even up for debate.

>that one X-men and star trek TNG crossover I read for shits & giggles

>both the xmen and the enterprise crew kept noticing how similar picard and xavier looked

shit, wrong key.
meant to add:
>this book was released BEFORE the xmen movies

Christopher Reeve's Superman hasn't been topped and it's been almost 40 years.

You're right, but he should be bitter with a barely in check anger.

I meant his photoshopped muscles, not the even worse suit.

Matt Ryan blows that fucker out of the water and is actually what I came in this thread to post.

The Panther suit, when he was standing still and was the actual actor, look as decent as the CGI version. OTOH, the Spidey suit looked like crap when it was the actual actor. He's since worked out and bulked up a bit and they've played with the design but you can still tell from some of the scene photos over the past six months that clearly show Holland sans head mask you can tell.

Matt Ryan's great, but the structure of the show was very un-constantine

why did people complain about this costume?

>charles xavier
>born and raised in new york state, near the connecticut border

>now he's brittish i guess even though stewart can do an american accent.

I like this one. Mark Strong is a perfect Sinestro.

>Stewart can do an american accent
No, he can't.

His sort of rounded-off midatlantic accent in "Green Room" was good. Wouldn't be right for Xavier, but the fundamentals are there

Yeah, but now Professor X and Magneto are etched as British in a lot of people's heads because their actors can't do American accents. {btw I'm not saying Magneto is America, but he probably would have adopted a more standard accent found in America, as would Doctor Doom and the Maximof twins because they've lived there so long.)

also really hope he gets cast for cable in deadpool 2

not gonna happen.
as much as Perlman would be good as the straight man in a comedy, if he can't handle HB (even if its just the make-up), I doubt he'll be able to deal with anything Cable would need to do.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this

Except op
Rip

make up for hellboy was fucking brutal tho like for everyone
>not a manlet
>not danzig

>never sounds canadian
>says bub like twice in 17 years
>never wears the costume
>is like a foot and a half taller
>does a brooklyn accent in days of future past for some reason
>only wolvie bezerks in 2 movies, barely any blood in one, most action off screen in the other.

i like jackman, but i dont see why everyone likes him as wolvie.

>>not danzig
i see a fellow dreamer is here

>i dont see why everyone likes him

Normies gotta normie?

ThisYou have no idea how much I want a costume (with mask) wearing manlet Wolverine to be in a movie

>tfw Rollins will never be old man punisher
>tfw Danzig will never be Logan going full wouldyoulikemakingfuckberserker killing everyone on screen

why cant we have nice things

>jerry only green goblin
>greg ginn vulture
>hr from bad brains as brother voodoo
>doyle von frankenstien as crusher creel

the possibilities are endless.

Thomas Jane did a cool Jonah Hex in that one annimated short

ARE YOU IN OR ARE YOU OUT.

Kevin is the best animated Batman but Val Kilmer Batman will always my favorite live action Batman.

>hasn't been posted yet

Sup Forums's gone mad

youtube.com/watch?v=wNDXTa6KNLQ

You may be quints, but you are still wrong.

All the evil exes had really good casting actually.

People complained? My only complaint is that he didn't wear it again in DoFP.

William Defoe as himself in Spider-Man.

Really now.

Rub a dub dub, this guy's got it right.

The Disney take over of Marvel lead to wear a lot of costumes were rejected. They can make the films but Marvel still holds rights on the looks meaning that they can reject any comic look the films have.

the show was straight trash. Constantine needs to be on AMC or Showtime or something. NBC was a terrible decision from the start.

>The Disney take over of Marvel lead to wear a lot of costumes were rejected.

I don't think Disney factors into this. Fox owns the film rights to X-men. Logically they should be able to do whatever the fuck they want.

Nice head canon. With that logic, Deadpool would have looked completely different in his solo movie. Don't blame Disney for Fox's hated of the original source material.

That's pre-bite Peter to a T.

This. Ryan Reynolds is the physical embodiment of the pre-"MY LIFE IS TERRIBLE WOE IS ME I PUT ON A SMILE TO HIDE MY PAIN CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIN" current era Deadpool.

So, best Deadpool. Fuck Brian Posehn.

youtu.be/BIaF0QKtY0c

Watch this transformation. I swear to God, he grows like three inches when he takes the glasses off somehow.

This.

Not exactly fair.

This. It's like Zoom was alive on our Earth all along.

Waypool?

He isn't Waypool, user.

Netflix Daredevil, Foggy and Punisher were pretty good. Something about their Karen annoyed the shit out of me though.

The reasoning is irrelevant. It is CGI, sure. but it LOOKS like CGI which is the only ting his comment was pointing out.

Thanks for the chuckle

Posehn/duggan's deadpool is an actual character though. Not just a tumblr meme or a generic merc.

>Horns make helmet look like a mess
>Helmet itself looks like it's either CGI'd on or is loose and about to fall off
>Costume itself looks stiff, uncomfortable, and cheap
>Colors overall are a bit too garish

Foggy has a horrendous actor.

To me if they just made it tighter and brighter colored, it'd be 10/10

Downey as Stark is a casting beyond perfect.

If that's a predictable response, it's because it's so obviously true.

He ad-libbed pmuch all of his movies, nobody else can do that level of cocky asshole charisma so casually while having some actual introspection and depth behind.

>Horns make helmet look like a mess
This is the only thing I can agree is wrong with it. They tried to make it look exactly like the comic version and much like always when they try to do that, it came out looking bad.

Everything else though was fine. He just donned a simplified version of a Nazi uniform, but with a bright red top and a cape. Perfect way to show he had come full circle.

I also think he;s great, but for some reason I can't take him seriously now

But Disney doesn't have X-Men rights. I'm confused, user. Or are you confused?

Eh I like Karen in that show. Then again, I like all the major actors in it.

For some reason, Wesley was a stand out for me in S1.