Moon Knight Thread

Because Sup Forums should regularly praise Khonshu

Other urls found in this thread:

viewcomic.com/?s=moon knight v5
pastebin.com/GQueignA
youtube.com/watch?v=KbMj9f0mcBA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dammit Sup Forums! I thought you had taste. BUMP who was the best MK writer in your opinion?

How houston run

Moon knight is my all time favorite superhero and ive never read a bad story of him

Moench or Huston
I haven't read Bendis' run yet, but nothing that I've heard about it makes it sound appealing and I didn't like his portrayal of Moon Knight in USM.

Red pill me on MK, Sup Forums

I've never read a thing about him. All I know is he's Marvel's Batman, expect he's nutters with multiple voices/personalities in his head. And that those can change somehow.

Marvel has a lot of batmans that isn't a great description.

He's a crazy dude with multiple personalities that may or may not kill people. Sometimes he has money from mercenary work, but other times he's just a homeless guy, and other times he knows he has MPD and uses all the identities. More recently he's taken to wearing different costumes for different situations and behaving differently depending on which he's wearing.

Oh and he serves an ancient egyptian moon god that may or may not be imaginary, but has definitely brought him back from the dead, and he might have direct communication with him, or not. Despite all this he does not have super powers, he gets the shit beat out of him very very often. Oh and don't let me get started on Bushman.

All of this depends on the run, author, and author's current mood desu. It's a fun read.

He also has werewolf blood.

Plus he's Jewish.

For real though, MK might have the most underrated rogues gallery of all time. He's got some GOOD villains.

Does the book hold up after Ellis left? I havent read Bunn or Wood's vols yet

Not that guy but I keep seeing that page where he throws a moon blade, cuts a bullet in half, proclaims "I'm not real." and then punches someone with his cape making a cool panel effect.
What run is that? It seems dope

That's from the Ellis run, the one where he wears a bunch of different costumes, including his Mr. Knight outfit.

It's really short but that 6 issue run is probably the best run, the art is fantastic and Ellis made it really interesting.

I could probably find one if I looked, but just in case, do you have a download link?

I don't have a link, but if you're ok with it you can find it on viewcomic as moon knight v5.
viewcomic.com/?s=moon knight v5

Huh. So where should I start?

Never read any MK. Where do I begin? And where should I go to get this?

pastebin.com/GQueignA

Tight. Got my reading list for the weekend. Thanks.

I don't think the original Moon Knight run gets enough praise for the art. There's some fucking killer work in that comic - I see that image of Midnight Man firing a gun at MK until he's out in a clockwise series of panels and it's genuinely spectacular

To add: the colouring reminds me a lot in places of Tomb of Dracula, which I was reading at the time as well. They did some great work making some cool gothic full-page spreads

>The 1911 is drawn perfectly, they even went the extra mile and have the hammer cocked, something you rarely see in most media
>Fires out the entire cartridge, on top of that it's a bottle necked cartridge, on top of that they even show the fucking powder and primer in the panel
At this point they're just intentionally fucking with us, aren't they?

Finally started reading from the beginning, after dragging my feet for months. Surprised/annoyed at how much important stuff happened before he even had his own series, only after I post this will I be on v1 #1.

Damn, Moon Knight has a great ass

Shalvey knocked it out of the park on moon knight

I love this whole issue.

Also (since giving it its own thread is pushing it).

Monech or one of his collaborators was probably some manner of fetishist.

youtube.com/watch?v=KbMj9f0mcBA

This is the perfect issue for Netflix's Moon Knight first episode. They do love their hallway fights.

That team really found what people liked about the character, then built on that with a book that really set a tone. They reinvented moon knight while still respecting the 40 years of publishing that came before.

The art for the current run is spectacular but not a whole lot is happening huh

It is happening. Lemire is remaking Marc's character as a whole and defined one. He's unifying all the former impresions of him by forner writers. It's just not a traditional story, with action, in a real, material world. But shit is happening, there is mistery, and conflict, and drama. It's a bit slow paced, and I would've resumed the second arc in two issues alone, but I'm liking it, nevertheless.

Oh that is cool, thanks

I'd watch it. Nice numbers btw.

It's decent but the pace is absolutely glacial. This is a story planned to be shorter that's being stretched out to fit a specific number of issues