ITT: Batman villains better than the Joker

ITT: Batman villains better than the Joker

Do you really have the time to post half his rogue gallery?

Maybe.

Most of his villains are equally great. The Joker only became shit because he is so overused.

Nope Nigga has one story to tell.

So does Joker, in essence.

>Lord Death Man
>Scarecrow
>Deathstroke (I hate it, but theyre making it happen and DS is dope)
>Riddler
>Two Face
>Black Mask
>Owlman

Joker is a great villain when done right. These villains are just fucking amazing and are better.

Huge Strange and Hush are both villains that I personally find better than the Joker, but I admit these two are pretty subjective picks.

Scarecrow doesn't even make sense, he has no end game or real motivation

Hatter.

I'm a huge Riddler fan.

But organized crime in Gotham is, in itself, the best villain imo. You've got the mob families, Penguin, Two-face, etc. all warring with each other, while Riddler undermines them, Catwoman robs them blind (and when done right, Joker and his minions throwing wrenches everywhere)

IMO Batman is best when it's about Gotham. I'd rather read Jim Gordon in Detective Comics f. Batman than any Bat-book.

How is lord death man a good villian?

Are you questioning Lord Death Man?

I'm not denying he's an awesome character but unless it's like an ironic "cool because they are lame" list he doesn't make it.

>Mr Freeze
>>>/plebbit/

Not even close. Mr Freeze is useless outside his origin story. He's just a generic thug for hire.

These two are the goddamn GOAT.

>Not liking Mr. Freeze.

He's definitely a better villain than the Joker. I wouldn't say he's the best Batman villain, but certainly better than Mr. "I can be anything the plot needs me to be, even if it doesn't line up with anything at all, including things that are downright implausible at the character';s core concept, and will be forced down your throat endlessly just because" J.

And what story does Joker really have beyond "I want to X the Batman"?

>What is laughing fish?
>What is Mad love?
>What is Jokers and Madmen?
Those are just two. Joker is not even my favourite Bat villain, but Mr Freeze is definitely the worst and only liked by casuals because of that one episode in the casual cartoon.

*three

He works as a character who functions at The Joker's scale of mass-murdering villainy, but has a built-in plot device that actually justifies how someone like that is still alive when he should be fucking dead a million times over. That alone makes him a better character, even if it's only a slight improvement.

KGBeast and Lord Death Man both come to mind as the only villains that he's never actually beaten without trying to murder them, so them i guess.

That's just it, though. His 'endgame' is his schtick. He's a scientist, not a politician. He doesn't care about ruling the world or seeing it burn, he just wants to science the shit out you.

Waller

That portrayal was just Joker 2.0

>science the shit out you

He was just doing Frank Gorshin you dummy

>ut Mr Freeze is definitely the worst and only liked by casuals because of that one episode in the casual cartoon.

And yet despite this he's still a better villain then the Joker

>Black Mask

How? I like Black Mask but his good stories can be counted on one hand and I don't think two writers have written him the same way once yet.

Black mask didn't really have any bad stories till about the early 200's or whenever he swapped out for the black skull mask and he turned into a dull mobster with a mild torture kink.

I'm going off track but what im basically saying is that he has plenty of good stories from the older days.

his recent red hood arc was the best thing with him in ages

What are his good stories from before and what was he if not a particularly sadistic mobster?

Joker has some great stories though

5 way revenge
laughing fish
slayride
to laugh and die in metropolis

its just a lot of his collected works (killing joke, man who laughs) are overrated

Then name at least five good Freeze stories?

but there's only one good episode?

I lost it when he was JOJO posing with Bizarro.

dudes always been sadistic to a degree, but the problem was it got made pretty much his only character trait.

check out batman #518 - #520 for my fave story, and then the stuff with Circe and his origins, for more good stuff. It has some great art that feels really horror like which adds to the mood.

Also batman #494 is pretty good and leads into the first stuff i mentioned, should probably read that beforehand actually.

Cant really say what else, i own most of his appearance in floppies but i cant be asked to look through any more right now.

been told Batman: Snow is very good, but i haven't read it.

i dug the mask under the mask thing