Bane in the Lego Batman Movie wears his coat from TDKR

He also speaks in Hardy's Bane's voice and makes references to the movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8jutkNkVgXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RNaZNwn_jp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Four you

So a regular parody movie?

Its doug benson

BANE?

As long he wears the lucha mask, all is fine

He's a Big Fig.

It's easy comedy, as you can see from the last 5 years of shitposting, of course they were going for movie Bane.

It's a nice coat.

It really is, didn't it cost a fortune and halted production until the designer was done with it? Also, really surprised DC backed down from making it canon.

Four youths. Kinda a edgey highschool thing tbqh

I don't know, looks comfy

Four you

Has Teen Titans Go ever referenced any Bane memes other than looking like Hardy's Bane? I did catch a episode that had the giant penny with Zod in a neck brace.

Don't worry, I got your reference.

Yet no CIA

>Catwoman
>Mr. Freeze
>Scarecrow
>Joker
>Two-face
>Penguin
>Riddler
>Poison Ivy
>Killer Croc
>Clayface
>Bane
>Ra's al Ghul

Are these 12 the quintessential Batman villains? Is there anyone missing from this lineup?

Condiment King

>we might get 4U references in a major movie
That's even better than Bane's Activity Corner.

Kite Man

Harley Quinn

>Killer Croc's head is a regular Lego crocodile's head
It's so dumb it's cute

Kinda looks like a blend of the lucha mask and the TDKR mask.

this is Strange, you missed a big one

I'd argue the Ventriloquist deserves to be on there, though those 12 are certainly more important to the mythos

Only one that misses the cut is Man-Bat.

>no CIA

DROPPED

Same.

that's lego for you.

i hate new molds, they have printed eyes.

Terrible Trio

hell yeah

Ranking them in terms of preference:
Clayface = Freeze > Riddler > Bane > Croc > Catwoman = Ra's > Ivy >Two-Face = Scarecrow > Joker > Penguin

In terms of importance to the mythos:

Joker > Ra's > Catwoman > Bane > Two-Face = Penguin > Freeze > Ivy = Croc = Scarecrow = Clayface

R8 my taste.

Mad Hatter
Ventriloquist

They had frequent episodes in TAS & Jervis had multiple appearances in Arkham games.

>and makes references to the movie
Such as?

the fuck is that

i thought it's computer animated

>It would be very painful

Deathstroke?
Or is he more of a TT villian?

IT IS computer animated.
te drink he spit i made of lego parts.

>the speedwagon
Ha, JoJo reference.

youtube.com/watch?v=8jutkNkVgXQ

the OST is pretty good.

>WHO NEVER SKIPS LEG DAY
>BATMAN
>WHO ALWAYS PAYS THEIR TAXES
>NOT BATMAN
okay shit that kinda got me

Court of owls? Talon?

youtube.com/watch?v=RNaZNwn_jp4

>okay, are you making some of those up?
>No, they're all real.Probably worth a google.

Is it weird that I'm more hyped for this than any other superhero movie in well over a decade?

>Catwoman!
>meow meow YOU'RE IN meow meow
That shit's stupid, but it's the kind of stupid that cracks me up for no good reason

>>Bane
>>"HELLO!"
That's completely my type of humor.

because it's not another Dismarvel or DCEU grimfest?

i saw th movie already, not as good as the TLM but worth watching at last once.

The trailer already pokes fun at BvS, I think this movie is gonna be worth a watch.

It rips on Suicide Squad too, pointing out how stupid it is to send villians to fight other villains.

And Killer Croc thinks he did something amazing when all he did was swim through a tunnel and press a button.

Kind of like when he threw that rock at Batman.

Ventriloquist, Mad Hatter and, since he's been gaining more recognition recently, Hugo Strange probably all could have some argument to be made for their addition. I'm not sure that any of them could knock anyone off the list though. Maaaaaybe Killer Croc in terms of significance or things achieved, but I suspect Killer Croc is still more recognisable than them.

I personally would have enjoyed Killer Moth in the movie, since a "lame villain Batman" seems like the sort of thing a Lego movie could really work with.

it was a big rock.

Oh shit how did I completely forget her?

Oh yeah she's shit now, that's why.

>now
Bad news, buddy.

Man I was really hoping for a fun tone that embraces the history like The Brave and the Bold. Hopefully the whole movie isn't reference humor.

>I DID SOMETHING!

>embraces the history
> is packed to the gills with references
>even obscure stuff like Billy Dee Williams' Two-Face

Yeah, I think you're good.

She wasn't terrible on BTAS. Not great mind you, but just fine, a workable lackey.

And now apparently a mass murdering stockholm syndromed domestic abuse victim is a feminist icon. Yeah, okay.

Yeah. I rip on BTAS too much for it being overrated, but Harley definitely wasn't as bad as she is now. It's just that seeing older Batman stuff with Joker as a solo act makes me a bit sad that Harley is shoehorned in with him so often.

This was Bane's best look IMO. It's perfect.

If CIA isn't also in, i don't give a damn about their shitty attempt at memes

I could do without the retarded unattached tubes that arc away from the body, because they're a snagging hazard and which retard wouldn't have them running underneath his clothes/armor to better protect them, but otherwise yeah this is pretty much ideal.

What about that Mr. Death Kill Man or whatever his name was? You know, that horrifying skeleton thing?

>clayface
>freeze
>riddler
X-plain plOx

Lord Death Man?

She was best in The Batman, because she was much more of an actual villain instead of sympathetic anti-hero.

Not worst desu!
Would netflix/10

Kek!
Yeah, thanks

And they made him a big fig...

Oh yeah, pop-psych daytime tv show host Harley who gave no fucks was actually really fun. One of the bet reinterpretations in The Batman, I think.

I really liked how the Batman reinterpreted everyone, actually. Even if a lot of the villains ended up as one-note thugs, all the designs were golden, and there were some excellent standouts like Clock King, Harley and Clayface.

*ahem*

>signalman
>the penny plunderer
>ten-eyed man
>Gustav Decobra
>Dr. Death
>The Rainbow Monster
>Sensei
>James Gordon Jr.
>the Carpenter
>Great White
> Jane Doe
>White Rabbit

Are these 12 the quintessential Batman villains? Is there anyone missing from this lineup?

are any showing up in the movie

I mostly agree with you. There are none I outright disliked. Riddler had a weird Manson vibe but was salvaged by actually being really awesome as a character, and Freeze had a neat as shit design but was pretty one-dimensional (although I think that as the cartoon that immediately followed BTAS they made the right call in not trying to repeat Heart of Ice), but for the most part I really enjoyed all of the villains in The Batman. Harley was just one of those where they nailed basically every angle on her character design.

Did anyone notice what looked like Captain Boomerang riding shotgun wiith Two-Face?

Good catch. Batarang vs Boomerang fight where they just miss each other wildly with enormous amounts of throwing weapons until Captain Boomerang is knocked out by one of his own returning boomerangs and Batman claims the credit?

This is gonna be the best cape movie this year. Everything else can go home.

>Bane's Activity Corner
so is this set in the same universe as the lego justice league films or is it a reboot

>probably worth a google
that is some fucking genius marketing for the comics there

I have a feeling at least one of the obscure characters will have a major role

>signalman

oops disregard that first line of greentext

Computer animated in the style of stop motion

For those who already watched it: do you think is an enjoyable film on its own, or relies too much on referencing previous films?

I mean, if I haven't watched any of the snyder garbage (MoS, BvS, SS), would I still laugh or go through the entire film with a confused face?

He is an oversized mini-fig.

Holy fuck, LORD DEATH MAN-SAMA showed up in Batman 66?

Link, please, I beg you

lego has been getting way better at ths whole animation thingfor the last decade or so
i was legit impressed by the lego movie and the last couple videogames, one of the oldest toys in the world and one of the simplests and they got screwed f their own concept by a fat swede and yet they still managed to reinvent themselves, some companys could lear from them cough cough disney

For you.

> Kate Micucci ... Clayface (voice)
wat

Burnett pls go.

They just got named the worlds most powerful brand, beating out brands like Google and Disney. Hard to believe that they where close to bankruptcy back in the early 2000s.

They still base all the bits off actual Lego pieces as if they were doing stop motion.

Riddler looked like Manson because they wanted to have Manson provide the voice.

>Heynong Man is Scarecrow

Holy shit, did Riddler just murder that guy?

Nah, just RIPPED HIS FUCKING ARM OUT OF THE SOCKET

While having a semi trailer smash into the car at top speed.

He murdered the dude.

The Cavalier. Batman's original arch nemesis.

Nah, Lego people can survive that shit.

He's just going to have to recover in the hospital, go insane from the deformation, then emerge as the One Armed Bandit.